Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1058 1059 [1060] 1061 1062 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494869 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #15885 on: April 13, 2015, 11:17:50 pm »

I've got a game Idea in mind.
Does this sound interesting?

+1 Colonialism

Yo, where did all these people come from.
Regardless of that, welcome to E.R.
But really, where did y'all come from.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15886 on: April 13, 2015, 11:30:06 pm »

+1 Colonialism

Yo, where did all these people come from.
Regardless of that, welcome to E.R.
But really, where did y'all come from.
Dang space immigrants.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #15887 on: April 13, 2015, 11:31:13 pm »

Err, posting in advance--if anything is needed from Feyri (I think I'm in a mission? Couldn't keep up recently), I'm having net problems ._.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #15888 on: April 14, 2015, 02:12:02 am »

That new game by Piecewise sounds awesome. But come on, did Piecewise ever created a bad game? Don't think so.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15889 on: April 14, 2015, 03:16:42 am »

You know that particular time period in history? That one when the British and everyone else that hung out around them were busily exploring the world, subjugating the natives,  shooting all the elephants and wearing pith helmets that inevitably ended up alone and forlorn atop a pit  quicksand, their wearers gurgling their last somewhere deep beneath them? That vague time period where Steam punk normally takes place? Somewhere in the late 1800's to early 1900's? Where Steamships, rail roads, zeppelins and the fleshy power of the muscle of man and beast were all radiating out across the world in search of new horizons, new mysteries and the strange and savage lands beyond the well documented world?

Well, imagine a game where you, as players, take part in expeditions to these strange and uncharted lands. Sort of Lewis and Clark (or maybe more realistically, Scott's Terra Nova) expedition crossed with a pulpy adventure and semi-fantastic word design. Where you can stamp an indelible name upon new and distant lands, expand the map, and perhaps be eaten by the natives. Sort of like the AP mission in ER, but with more emphasis on rules for travel and carrying things, and where your final payment and performance are dictated by the other muttonchop wearing gentlemen back at the Naturalist's Society.

Thought of such thing myself. Count me in.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15890 on: April 14, 2015, 03:53:42 am »

I guess what I mean is that... ER is good and this game could be good but the people playing make it meh.
Edit: Personally I find players who metagame and break character for the sake of cheap, crude humour to be rather 'meh'.
Please keep those comments to yourselves or PMs. I don't think anyone here would like to have any drama here.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #15891 on: April 14, 2015, 04:36:16 am »

So, I got my character and all. Do I need confirmation from PW or where do I go now? (I read the new player guide on the wiki and apparently I can start playing now?)

Yes, you can. However seeing the inmate section will be completely overhauled very soon you might want to wait a bit to be ejected into your personal cube room or go now and be ejected like true HMRC criminal without shred of privacy.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15892 on: April 14, 2015, 04:41:01 am »

Speaking of overhauls, I noticed on the Wiki it says I have one of these newfangled MCP-1 suits instead of my old MK1.
Shall I just assume it was stealthily switched over in my locker whilst I wasn't looking?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15893 on: April 14, 2015, 04:51:22 am »

Speaking of overhauls, I noticed on the Wiki it says I have one of these newfangled MCP-1 suits instead of my old MK1.
Shall I just assume it was stealthily switched over in my locker whilst I wasn't looking?
Yep. All new ARM units start out with MCP-Is instead of MkIs. It's an upgrade that has no disadvantages relative to the original (at least, theoretically), so it shouldn't cause any problems for you and marginally increases your chances of survival (at least, theoretically).

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15894 on: April 14, 2015, 04:56:35 am »

It's a good thing Jobasio hadn't formed the same sort of attachment to his suit as he has to his rifle. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #15895 on: April 14, 2015, 04:56:46 am »

((Would he be open to performing questionable medical procedures on a willing subject, by chance?))
((Willing subject? Now that's new.))

((We should also take this to OOC, probably.))
So that's a yes I take it? If so, goooooood, goooooooooooooood. Very good.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15896 on: April 14, 2015, 04:57:27 am »

((We should also take this to OOC, probably.))
I like this guy!
Booze is Life for Yoink

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15897 on: April 14, 2015, 05:00:26 am »

It's a good thing Jobasio hadn't formed the same sort of attachment to his suit as he has to his rifle. :P
Aww... I was hoping he'd go on an epic quest to rescue his princess MkI from its dastardly kidnappers :P

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15898 on: April 14, 2015, 07:06:12 am »

That new game by Piecewise sounds awesome. But come on, did Piecewise ever created a bad game? Don't think so.
Well, that depends on whether you include morally.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #15899 on: April 14, 2015, 08:27:45 am »

Moral is rather fluid thing here.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 1058 1059 [1060] 1061 1062 ... 2205