Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1059 1060 [1061] 1062 1063 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494607 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #15900 on: April 14, 2015, 08:43:09 am »

Moral is rather fluid thing here.
I've seen it more fluid, think superfluid like helium 2.   
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #15901 on: April 14, 2015, 10:28:51 am »

I've got a game Idea in mind.

You know that particular time period in history? That one when the British and everyone else that hung out around them were busily exploring the world, subjugating the natives,  shooting all the elephants and wearing pith helmets that inevitably ended up alone and forlorn atop a pit  quicksand, their wearers gurgling their last somewhere deep beneath them? That vague time period where Steam punk normally takes place? Somewhere in the late 1800's to early 1900's? Where Steamships, rail roads, zeppelins and the fleshy power of the muscle of man and beast were all radiating out across the world in search of new horizons, new mysteries and the strange and savage lands beyond the well documented world?

Well, imagine a game where you, as players, take part in expeditions to these strange and uncharted lands. Sort of Lewis and Clark (or maybe more realistically, Scott's Terra Nova) expedition crossed with a pulpy adventure and semi-fantastic word design. Where you can stamp an indelible name upon new and distant lands, expand the map, and perhaps be eaten by the natives. Sort of like the AP mission in ER, but with more emphasis on rules for travel and carrying things, and where your final payment and performance are dictated by the other muttonchop wearing gentlemen back at the Naturalist's Society.

Does this sound interesting?

Sounds like a good idea to me.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #15902 on: April 14, 2015, 01:17:18 pm »

Illego is going with Snapdragon tonight, yes?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15903 on: April 14, 2015, 01:50:16 pm »

I'll add some bits of info I saw missing from the Current Mission and M20 pages, but it seems someone already added Illgeo/Bartholomew to a team.

Edit: Bartolomew Markov (Illgeo) was added to Team Gyromitra some point in time in the Current Mission Info page but not in the Mission 20 page. That has been corrected.

Billy Sing (heroguy111) and Zoltan Solberg (spazyak) properly added to Snapdragon's roster.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 02:29:57 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15904 on: April 14, 2015, 02:47:40 pm »

I'll add some bits of info I saw missing from the Current Mission and M20 pages, but it seems someone already added Illgeo/Bartholomew to a team.

Edit: Bartolomew Markov (Illgeo) was added to Team Gyromitra some point in time in the Current Mission Info page but not in the Mission 20 page. That has been corrected.

Billy Sing (heroguy111) and Zoltan Solberg (spazyak) properly added to Snapdragon's roster.

I mostly used the 'current mission info' page to update team rosters, and was gonna copy paste it all to m20 page once mission had started (and avoid double work). But thanks for helping.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15905 on: April 14, 2015, 02:57:58 pm »

No problem. I just had some time to do it and since I was already checking some stuff in those pages I decided to be more helpful.

Oh, and you and Flint might want to specify how much Plasma Stake ammo you're taking with you. According to Sean, he sent four autoloaders (5/5) and an indefinite amount of slugs. I added one of the loaders to Praef's loadout and five slugs (didn't clear up with him how many he wanted so I went with that), so I suppose Flint can take one of the loaders plus some slugs while Miya takes the remaining two loaders along with however many slugs you want since he has the highest Uncon among the three.

@Illgeo: you're with Gyromitra, not Snapdragon. Or you were, at least. Not sure what happened. I'll check again. Editedit: no, Snapdragon's correct apparently. I had a brainfart which I'll correct in a moment.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 03:13:23 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15906 on: April 14, 2015, 03:05:25 pm »

I've got a game Idea in mind.

You know that particular time period in history? That one when the British and everyone else that hung out around them were busily exploring the world, subjugating the natives,  shooting all the elephants and wearing pith helmets that inevitably ended up alone and forlorn atop a pit  quicksand, their wearers gurgling their last somewhere deep beneath them? That vague time period where Steam punk normally takes place? Somewhere in the late 1800's to early 1900's? Where Steamships, rail roads, zeppelins and the fleshy power of the muscle of man and beast were all radiating out across the world in search of new horizons, new mysteries and the strange and savage lands beyond the well documented world?

Well, imagine a game where you, as players, take part in expeditions to these strange and uncharted lands. Sort of Lewis and Clark (or maybe more realistically, Scott's Terra Nova) expedition crossed with a pulpy adventure and semi-fantastic word design. Where you can stamp an indelible name upon new and distant lands, expand the map, and perhaps be eaten by the natives. Sort of like the AP mission in ER, but with more emphasis on rules for travel and carrying things, and where your final payment and performance are dictated by the other muttonchop wearing gentlemen back at the Naturalist's Society.

Does this sound interesting?
This would be interesting, very interesting. I would play it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15907 on: April 14, 2015, 03:14:22 pm »

@Cael: That's fine by me.

EDIT: I'm going to sue Hephaestus for copyright infringement.[/joking]
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 03:18:58 pm by Parisbre56 »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #15908 on: April 14, 2015, 04:06:09 pm »

Regarding that new idea by piecewise:

Does someone else has Treasure Planet popping up in their heads when they think about it?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 04:08:40 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15909 on: April 14, 2015, 05:52:33 pm »

((I've been approved for a mission already? Sweet. Which one though? I don't see my name in the wiki.))

Nah, the missions were already overflowing with people when you signed up. You'll have to wake up in the ship as normal and wait for the next batch.
>Yes?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15910 on: April 14, 2015, 05:55:51 pm »

((I've been approved for a mission already? Sweet. Which one though? I don't see my name in the wiki.))

Nah, the missions were already overflowing with people when you signed up. You'll have to wake up in the ship as normal and wait for the next batch.
Oh, no problem. Will I be given like a rundown of what this is all about IC, or do I assume he was told everything on his way here?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15911 on: April 14, 2015, 05:57:39 pm »

Welcome to the only forum game around where the players form committees to keep the GM up-to-date on what the characters are doing and who they are.

grab knife and it slide into belt. put on mkII if not on already. stand near door with laser rifle in hand.
anything we could do with the magnetron I mean this is a fungus, fungi have lots of water in them.
(((char sheet: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UAbkp5RDL0nbZZfuOXFm53u4uFjJ3aOh0e-5T0938Kk/edit#heading=h.k48sde0txvh )))
#
We have a wiki for your character sheet.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 05:59:43 pm by Dorsidwarf »
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15912 on: April 14, 2015, 06:57:43 pm »

OH MY GODS WE HAVE TOILETS
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15913 on: April 14, 2015, 07:36:04 pm »

Oh, no problem. Will I be given like a rundown of what this is all about IC, or do I assume he was told everything on his way here?

Your choice. If you would like to roleplay it, you are welcome to do so (as long as PW is in the mood).
This is actually a great time to do this. We just switched over to a new Sword layout, so even the Vets are exploring IC and not fully aware of the new layout.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15914 on: April 15, 2015, 01:52:12 am »

Phoebe tries to get a laptop from the Armory for reasons.
Do be aware that every member of the ARM has a wristpad, which is a combination laptop and sensor suite.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright
Pages: 1 ... 1059 1060 [1061] 1062 1063 ... 2205