Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1056 1057 [1058] 1059 1060 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494718 times)

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC
« Reply #15855 on: April 13, 2015, 05:50:54 pm »

Well, my last action was to get dem guns and try to talk to the Commander about the mission, dunno if I am supposed to post anything besides that.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #15856 on: April 13, 2015, 05:58:30 pm »

bean stealers

Noooo! Don't steal my beans!

(yes, I know it was a typo, but it still amused me.)
my shitty ipad happened again
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15857 on: April 13, 2015, 05:58:51 pm »

I've got a game Idea in mind.

You know that particular time period in history? That one when the British and everyone else that hung out around them were busily exploring the world, subjugating the natives,  shooting all the elephants and wearing pith helmets that inevitably ended up alone and forlorn atop a pit  quicksand, their wearers gurgling their last somewhere deep beneath them? That vague time period where Steam punk normally takes place? Somewhere in the late 1800's to early 1900's? Where Steamships, rail roads, zeppelins and the fleshy power of the muscle of man and beast were all radiating out across the world in search of new horizons, new mysteries and the strange and savage lands beyond the well documented world?

Well, imagine a game where you, as players, take part in expeditions to these strange and uncharted lands. Sort of Lewis and Clark (or maybe more realistically, Scott's Terra Nova) expedition crossed with a pulpy adventure and semi-fantastic word design. Where you can stamp an indelible name upon new and distant lands, expand the map, and perhaps be eaten by the natives. Sort of like the AP mission in ER, but with more emphasis on rules for travel and carrying things, and where your final payment and performance are dictated by the other muttonchop wearing gentlemen back at the Naturalist's Society.

Does this sound interesting?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #15858 on: April 13, 2015, 05:59:58 pm »

If we can be horrible racist native exterminators then yeah sure :P
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15859 on: April 13, 2015, 06:00:57 pm »

@pw: Sounds pretty good. Did you get that idea from the game generator?

Well, my last action was to get dem guns and try to talk to the Commander about the mission, dunno if I am supposed to post anything besides that.

Since things are moving quicker now that we're just on top of the next mission batch, just edit the action and add you're getting into a stasis pod after that.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15860 on: April 13, 2015, 06:04:04 pm »

You know that particular time period in history? That one when the British and everyone else that hung out around them were busily exploring the world, subjugating the natives,  shooting all the elephants and wearing pith helmets that inevitably ended up alone and forlorn atop a pit  quicksand, their wearers gurgling their last somewhere deep beneath them? That vague time period where Steam punk normally takes place? Somewhere in the late 1800's to early 1900's? Where Steamships, rail roads, zeppelins and the fleshy power of the muscle of man and beast were all radiating out across the world in search of new horizons, new mysteries and the strange and savage lands beyond the well documented world?

Well, imagine a game where you, as players, take part in expeditions to these strange and uncharted lands. Sort of Lewis and Clark (or maybe more realistically, Scott's Terra Nova) expedition crossed with a pulpy adventure and semi-fantastic word design. Where you can stamp an indelible name upon new and distant lands, expand the map, and perhaps be eaten by the natives. Sort of like the AP mission in ER, but with more emphasis on rules for travel and carrying things, and where your final payment and performance are dictated by the other muttonchop wearing gentlemen back at the Naturalist's Society.

Definatly.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15861 on: April 13, 2015, 06:07:51 pm »

Alright, edited.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15862 on: April 13, 2015, 06:08:53 pm »

Yay! Definitely interested.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #15863 on: April 13, 2015, 06:17:58 pm »

count me in
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15864 on: April 13, 2015, 06:18:10 pm »

The full name of the Naturalist's society is  "Society for the Exploration and Documentation of the Natural and Unnatural World, and all Manner of Godless Savagery therein"

Take a guess.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15865 on: April 13, 2015, 06:19:23 pm »

This looks like fun. Count me in
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15866 on: April 13, 2015, 06:20:53 pm »

Is it possible to just repeatedly dissect Grate and make a quantum manipulator/amp/exoweapon out of him?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15867 on: April 13, 2015, 06:21:11 pm »

-snip-
Absolutely. Does that mean you'd run it alongside the ER, or are you planning it "for later"?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15868 on: April 13, 2015, 06:29:56 pm »

For reference material, search for french expeditions in the 18th and 19th centuries.
They didn't often go well.
"All but 3 of the 32 local men have defected or died. Jaques has fever. Maisson broke his leg in three places while measuring a boulder. We climbed two and a half mountains today. It rained on us. Please send additional 3,000 franks to Manaus"
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #15869 on: April 13, 2015, 06:54:07 pm »

Excellent.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 1056 1057 [1058] 1059 1060 ... 2205