Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493802 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #5340 on: June 01, 2014, 03:04:40 am »

Jim x Feyri was the best sparring match ever due to that event. Talking of which, I miss the degree of characterization (or comedy) that went into those spars and it seems the newbies aren't too interested in them. If I remember correctly, the last ones to spar were... May and Lukas?
Nobody wants to spar with me  :'(
Well, if we feed Xan enough...
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5341 on: June 01, 2014, 04:12:34 am »

Now that I think about it, it's actually a bit strange that nobody, notably Xan, has tried this. Especially since Xan's ever so eager to feast on the dead for regeneration purposes, as I recall.

Or maybe they did try it and I never noticed; that's certainly possible.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5342 on: June 01, 2014, 04:21:50 am »

Well, IIRC Avatars of War are synthflesh monstrosities that  are designed to be hulking engines of destruction, and the synthflesh gives them a heck of lat more power to weight than normal muscle and tissue. Xan, could probably match this and try to wrestle Miya, but if he screws it up he'll run hard into the square cube law :P
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5343 on: June 01, 2014, 05:47:23 am »

"What exactly happened?" Adrian writes in the ground
"They tried to take it. They fell before they touched it. He," the man points at one of the prone men, "tried to shoot it."

Elizas stops on the channel of the execution, wondering who this war criminal was. It could have been someone associated with him.
The decor of the execution room is bright yellow, with a giant multicolored wheel in the back. Upon the wheel, which has been divided into dozens of different colored sections, many methods of execution have been written. A man with a snappy suit and a smile like a shark selling used cars spins the wheel while an off screen audience applauds. The wheel spins for several seconds before coming to a stop on "Hanging".

"Ohhh, crowd favorite!" The man says as a lime green gallows is wheeled out with a man in a hood atop it, matching green rope around his neck. "Bob Hardman, for crimes against the Magistars' we sentence you to be Executed!

The audience goes wild as the man drops and swings on the end of the neon rope.
Oh hey! I wonder if this is our DMR host
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5344 on: June 01, 2014, 06:01:16 am »

Jim x Feyri was the best sparring match ever due to that event. Talking of which, I miss the degree of characterization (or comedy) that went into those spars and it seems the newbies aren't too interested in them. If I remember correctly, the last ones to spar were... May and Lukas?
I could spar you.  Robot battle!The Avatar (that still needs a name by the way) may have both Stat and Size advantage but Gilgamesh has other kind of advantages. All I gotta do is be smart about it. And lucky.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 06:03:18 am by Parisbre56 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5345 on: June 01, 2014, 06:12:24 am »

I could spar you.  Robot battle!The Avatar (that still needs a name by the way) may have both Stat and Size advantage but Gilgamesh has other kind of advantages. All I gotta do is be smart about it. And lucky.

I have a name for it, but haven't found a chance to make it 'official' yet.

An sure, sparring with Gilgamesh would be great. Gotta use that mobility to your advantage!

He's kinda got shit stats, though, at least for that kind of thing.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5346 on: June 01, 2014, 06:27:20 am »

If I manage to survive, I'd love to spar with Xan in a robot body. Or maybe in a body that Xan provides, if that proves to be fun enough.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5347 on: June 01, 2014, 06:32:33 am »

Speaking of sparring and robo-bodies, can one control a synthflesh or robot body remotely?
Could be handy for sparring without dying. Then again, there's always the VR... but where's the fun in that?!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5348 on: June 01, 2014, 06:32:45 am »

[Milno Dex roll:4]
[Jim Dex roll:5]

Milno brings another knee into Jim's back before Jim's head rotates 180 degrees to face him. His Emoticon changes to a >: D as he head butts Milno square in the face.
[Jim strength roll:5]
[Milno End roll:5]

Milno smiles as blood drips from his freshly smashed nose. He hasn't moved an inch.
[Jim dex roll:3]
[Milno dex roll:5]

Jim tries to plant his feet and shove himself over backwards but his feet slide on the smooth floor of the sparing ring and he only manages to launch himself backwards with a bit of force. Milno, seeing an opportunity,releases jim's arm and then wraps his arms around jim's chest, using Jim's momentum and trying for a suplex.
[milno strength roll: 3]
[Jim dex roll:5]

As Milno brings Jim up and begins to throw him, jim wraps his feet behind milno's ankles and yanks hard, pulling his feet out of under him. The suplex becomes a bodyslam as jim's 300 pounds crash down on Milno and pound him into the floor.
[Milno end roll:5]
The silence after the two men fall to the ground is broken by a chuckle.
"You know, you're not as heavy as I thought you were." Milno mutters from under the cyborg.
[Milno Strength roll:3]
Milno shoves Jim up and manages to slide his upper body out from under him, but his legs are still pinned beneath the metal man.

Man, Jim Vs Milno sparring is just making Milno out to be a badass, a losing badass, but a badass none the less xD

edit: Should I be spoilering these quotes?
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5349 on: June 01, 2014, 07:01:26 am »

Also, SwordSmith, why doesn't Hasala speak up?  A leader has to be commanding, and if you ask Faith about the errors, and she can't give an answer beyond "Oops" or "Shut up", that's points for you.  Especially the latter response.

Hasala isn't saying anything because he understands why Faith is doing what she is, and would probably have done the same in her position. Also, arguing isn't going to do anything productive, and would undermine Faith's authority, which goes against one of the things Miyamoto specifically told him to do.
And if Faith's answer isn't "oops" or "shut up", he looks like even more of an idiot. An idiot that throws a temper tantrum when things don't go his way.

That said, I appreciate you trying to help.

It might also be worth noting that I'm not "punishing" them, per se. I'm telling them that they're in charge of that aspect now. It's closer to "you break it, you fix it" than "no, bad dog, you get the newspaper."

How exactly do you expect Hasala and Lerman to watch out for the police while inside the building and fighting cultists? The only way to keep an eye out for the police is to be in the diner or out on the sidewalk, since we didn't bring any cameras. So it's basically exactly "no, bad dog, you get the newspaper". It's even worse for Hasala; you're basically denying any chance he has left of fulfilling Miyamoto's orders. At least Lerman is still gonna get mostly what he came on the mission for. Depending on how the encounter with the police goes, Hasala might not even get a chance to test the goop thrower.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5350 on: June 01, 2014, 07:24:51 am »

Nah, Konrad was the guy clubbing people like some sort of overeager police officer.
Ah. My bad.

Oh hey! I wonder if this is our DMR host
Maybe. Interesting that the gallows are lime green, though.

((Piecewise doesn't do weekends IIRC.
piecewise typically does turns on Saturdays, though not Sundays.

((Why is everybody going to the second floor? Don't you want to clear the first floor and the ground floor first?))
Ah, yes, the typical separation via common tongue.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5351 on: June 01, 2014, 09:50:16 am »

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry. So much for 'Miyamoto's apprentice'.
It Ain't Over 'Till It's Over.
-Lenny Kravitz-

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5352 on: June 01, 2014, 01:15:30 pm »

No.

Hasala brazenly approached with what appeared to be a flamethrower, panicking the inhabitants. Lerman flashbanged the inhabitants, daze-trapping some of them inside and further panicking the rest. Konrad beat already-dazed people into unconsciousness, panicking no one.

Hasala made it considerably more likely the cops are going to come. Lerman made it considerably more likely the cops are going to come. Konrad... punched some people for no reason.

It might also be worth noting that I'm not "punishing" them, per se. I'm telling them that they're in charge of that aspect now. It's closer to "you break it, you fix it" than "no, bad dog, you get the newspaper."

Here:

Everyone else, remember the plan. Go in, ask whoever appears to be in charge about their higher power or something. Whatever gets them talking or shooting. Try not to deliberately intimidate or bother the diners; they'll probably go quieter if they think you've got no beef with them in particular and just happen to be making a mess of their dining plans. On the other hand, there's a non-zero chance the diners are cultists or affected somehow, so don't let your guard down completely.

Important sections highlighted.  Hasala did not deliberately intimidate anyone, although he did walk up with a jury-rigged flamethrower.  I'd think that would probably be less intimidating than the spacesuits- any large gang might have jury-rigged flamethrowers, but spaceshits are pretty obviously weird.

Further, you never told him that he should stay back because he was scarier.  From his perspective, he was told to go in.  Blindly following orders isn't a trait of a leader, but it is a good trait of a soldier.  Punishing people for not second-guessing your orders seems... just as insane as Lerman flashbanging civvies.

Also, Lerman's flashbang was obviously intended to help the diners, even if it was a schizophrenic form of 'help'.  Taddock starting to beat people up wasn't helpful in any way, and directly contradicted your orders.  Yes, he did it after damage was done, but I don't see how a flashbang would have sparked that behavior;  He probably would have done it in any case, so he should get the same punishment.

I flashbanged everyone due to shitty intelligence and willpower rolls. Now I get to sit in the truck.
Well, you don't have to. You just have to make sure we don't get blindsided by the police or else a tall synthwoman might be rather cross with you.
"Well, you don't have to stay behind.  Just, if you don't, and police show up, this very dangerous person might be rather cross with you."

So, you won't do anything if people disobey orders and nothing goes wrong, but if people obey orders and mess things up, they're punished.  Really, 'orders' are kinda just 'suggestions'; just do whatever you think is least likely to mess stuff up.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5353 on: June 01, 2014, 01:30:50 pm »

Important sections highlighted.  Hasala did not deliberately intimidate anyone, although he did walk up with a jury-rigged flamethrower.  I'd think that would probably be less intimidating than the spacesuits- any large gang might have jury-rigged flamethrowers, but spaceshits are pretty obviously weird.

Hey Syv, remember how you made fun of my telephone typing skills a while ago?

Now we're even  :P

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5354 on: June 01, 2014, 02:25:28 pm »

Hey Syv, remember how you made fun of my telephone typing skills a while ago?

Now we're even  :P
I just now realized that that line wasn't meant to say "spaceships".

And I just now realized that both "spaceship" and "spacesuit" are one letter away from "spaceshit".
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 2205