Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493814 times)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #5325 on: May 31, 2014, 07:51:04 pm »

Will you be an effective GM and not drop out after a month when the burden's too much?

I've run WAOA, a giant ball of insanity, consistently for about 5 months now, plus I'm insane enough to enjoy doing it.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5326 on: May 31, 2014, 10:20:50 pm »

Wait, why is that their fault? Lerman's the one that overshot/got mind controlled/whatever. Or are you talking about approaching the dinner?
Approaching the diner and then flash banging it are the two most obvious causes of Probable ProblemsTM. Beating the already-blinded people into unconsciousness was unnecessary and probably a poor idea, but relatively benign; his original plan probably would have been worse, but didn't really show through.

Okay, I have to butt in here.
First: You ordered them to go into the diner.
Second: Four people approached the diner.  You're only punishing two of them.
Third: You're punishing Hasala (Who did nothing except approach), and Lerman, who flashbanged people, but not the guy who ran in and started beating blind people, or the other guy who approached.  Why's Hasala get targeted but not the other guy who did exactly as much as him?
Fourth: You're splitting two teams in half, and haven't supplied a fix, such as merging the split halves.

Sorry if this seems angry.  I'm surprisingly annoyed with it.  I just went reading through the last few pages of M14, especially your posts, and honestly can't see any interpretation of what you said that gives a reason for all four things.

Also, SwordSmith, why doesn't Hasala speak up?  A leader has to be commanding, and if you ask Faith about the errors, and she can't give an answer beyond "Oops" or "Shut up", that's points for you.  Especially the latter response.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5327 on: May 31, 2014, 10:28:53 pm »

First, I'm pretty sure Faith's reacting more to the level of brutality than the enteringness.
Second, I think she's punishing the perpetrators more.
Third, wait, wasn't Lerman the one who was beating people up?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5328 on: June 01, 2014, 12:09:02 am »

Nah, Konrad was the guy clubbing people like some sort of overeager police officer.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5329 on: June 01, 2014, 12:17:28 am »

I flashbanged everyone due to shitty intelligence and willpower rolls. Now I get to sit in the truck.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5330 on: June 01, 2014, 12:20:18 am »

@Kedly: I thought that was Elisaz, not Jim who was being 'excited' at the end of Mission 2. Oh, wait, you're referring to when I was trolling Piecewise. XD I remember that now.

I'm still at the events on the ship before mission 2, when Feyri licked Jim's robot face and Jim just froze
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5331 on: June 01, 2014, 12:22:16 am »

Oh, that. XD Yeah, that was a thing too.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5332 on: June 01, 2014, 12:34:34 am »

Jim x Feyri was the best sparring match ever due to that event. Talking of which, I miss the degree of characterization (or comedy) that went into those spars and it seems the newbies aren't too interested in them. If I remember correctly, the last ones to spar were... May and Lukas?
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5333 on: June 01, 2014, 12:53:56 am »

I'm just warming up to my character, I'll probably start rping a bit more once I've grown into him (If he survives that long)
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5334 on: June 01, 2014, 01:00:32 am »

Jim x Feyri was the best sparring match ever due to that event. Talking of which, I miss the degree of characterization (or comedy) that went into those spars and it seems the newbies aren't too interested in them. If I remember correctly, the last ones to spar were... May and Lukas?
I'm actually interested in doing a few rounds, I just haven't had time to.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5335 on: June 01, 2014, 01:12:38 am »

Wrestling is hardly a fair contest if your opponent can spontaneously grow more limbs than you have hair.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5336 on: June 01, 2014, 01:13:27 am »

Wrestling is hardly a fair contest if your opponent can spontaneously grow more limbs than you have hair.
Or just outright absorb you as biomass.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5337 on: June 01, 2014, 01:17:47 am »

Yeah, but I kinda wanna get better at physical fighting, otherwise for all my shapeshifting I'll be shit at it (hello 0 Dex 0 strength). Sure, if it's for real I'll cheat, but learning how to straight slug it out is important too.
Though some sparring partners will no doubt be sent to the Doc once I get better at it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5338 on: June 01, 2014, 01:20:54 am »

First: You ordered them to go into the diner.
Yes.

Second: Four people approached the diner.  You're only punishing two of them.
Yes.

Third: You're punishing Hasala (Who did nothing except approach), and Lerman, who flashbanged people, but not the guy who ran in and started beating blind people, or the other guy who approached.  Why's Hasala get targeted but not the other guy who did exactly as much as him?
No.

Hasala brazenly approached with what appeared to be a flamethrower, panicking the inhabitants. Lerman flashbanged the inhabitants, daze-trapping some of them inside and further panicking the rest. Konrad beat already-dazed people into unconsciousness, panicking no one.

Hasala made it considerably more likely the cops are going to come. Lerman made it considerably more likely the cops are going to come. Konrad... punched some people for no reason.

It might also be worth noting that I'm not "punishing" them, per se. I'm telling them that they're in charge of that aspect now. It's closer to "you break it, you fix it" than "no, bad dog, you get the newspaper."

Fourth: You're splitting two teams in half, and haven't supplied a fix, such as merging the split halves.
This might be true, but the teams aren't necessarily split in the first place. If both team members guard the APC, or Hasala and/or Lerman figure they can come back out and deal with the cops by the time they become a problem, the teams could still be intact. It also has a fairly obvious fix, so presumably if both perpetrators but not their teammates sit in the truck, the others can glom together of their own accord. If they need some kind of formal order to that effect, I'll probably give it if and when it's confirmed to be viable and becomes an issue.

I flashbanged everyone due to shitty intelligence and willpower rolls. Now I get to sit in the truck.
Well, you don't have to. You just have to make sure we don't get blindsided by the police or else a tall synthwoman might be rather cross with you.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5339 on: June 01, 2014, 01:32:01 am »

Nobody wants to spar with me  :'(

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 2205