Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2492610 times)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #1995 on: March 29, 2014, 06:20:08 pm »

My team has vanished.  Should no one else post, I may have to use the "Grate as a trap detector" method!
T'seems the whole subforum is awfully quiet lately.

By the way, while thinking about mission the other day, the phrase "Shoot me closer, I want to hit the with my sword!" came to mind (like in the infamous WH40K photo). Is there any boarder actually carrying a sword though? I sure hope so.

I have a sword as well. Along with a Laser Rifle, Shotgun, gauss rifle and bolt action rifle.
I too have a sword although the blade is a full two feet longer than it should be so its more like a miniature lance, i just need a pony and i can go mini-jousting.
What about a rocket bike or some other fast vehicle?

Speaking of rocket bikes, I eventually plan to modify mine so that it has at least some armour and weapons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1996 on: March 29, 2014, 06:34:50 pm »

((The wiki said to post my character sheet here?))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(Woohoo, somebody actually used the newbie section of the wiki!

Ahum, I mean, Hello! Welcome blahblahblah get eaten by aliens blahblahblah yes this is the place to post your char sheet.

Do you know what mission we are on right now, and if yes, would you like a sod team to command? (if not, you won't be able to participate in the current mission I'm afraid)

By the way, after reading that newbie section as an actual newbie: is there anything you think should be added or explained in more detail? Anything you're still confused about that should have been made clear?
He hasn't chosen a bonus for his profession. (Although I assume he wants conventional.)
We might want to make that clearer.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: March 29, 2014, 06:35:57 pm »

I would have had a sword, but I died.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: March 29, 2014, 07:15:58 pm »

Oh, one sec, I'll reread the profession and update accordingly

Edit: Done!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 07:18:48 pm by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: March 29, 2014, 07:53:13 pm »

((Other than this used to be your char being sent on dangerous missions that will likely get you killed for an oppressive totalitarian government, and now its about being sent on dangerous missions that will likely get you killed AGAINST a oppressive Totalitarian space government no, I dont currently know what is going on, but I could get caught up and post by the end of the night  [Aka I don't know what a sod team is, but if it gets me gaming sooner than sure =P] =D as for any questions, I'm the kind of person who asks as they come up? So I don't really have any for now. I like the tips and tricks though =D))

Some supplementary info on sods that DP missed- they're extremely skilled.  Pretty much, they are perfectly accurate with any weapon they're trained in, know all the weaknesses and vulnerabilites of anything the UWM fields, and are generally masterful at combat.  But they are incapable of creative thought; hand them an unfamiliar weapon, ask them a question they haven't been programmed to answer, or tell them to think up a plan, and they will blankly stare at you.

As far as the current mission: We captured Hephaestus, one of the UWM's main factory worlds, thanks in large part to Steve sending all the ships that usually guard it off on a wild goose chase.  Anyways, the guards are back now.  They've already tried to retake the world through a ground invasion, but we repelled them (barely).  So now the ships are basically just sitting in orbit as a blockade.

Since we're low on spaceships, we decided to board them instead of just shooting them down.  We've already fired all the boarding pods except for two sod teams, so you can't join a boarding party in person, but you can command one of those sod teams.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: March 29, 2014, 07:57:00 pm »

Second character who claims to have screwed a Magistar's/Magister's daughter. The first one became a samurai cyborg.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: March 29, 2014, 08:37:19 pm »

For some reason I like playing the charismatic rogue. I also like playing neutral good and above, so getting caught in bed with someone I shouldnt seemed like a way for something bad to happen, without actually already being a jerk. (Choosing a character in Path of Exile was hard because of this, because most of the male characters where exiled because they were dicks >.>)
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: March 29, 2014, 08:55:00 pm »

Second character who claims to have screwed a Magistar's/Magister's daughter. The first one became a samurai cyborg.
Third, actually. Second was Grate.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: March 29, 2014, 09:38:26 pm »

I am.
I'm also now in the running for coolest team member, being a giant shapeshifting space wizard praying mantis wielding a katana.
Please. I'm immortal. Second best at best.

If the mountain's made out of charcoal I can turn it to diamond...
1. How?
2. Pretty much no matter what your answer, I'm going to be criticizing your comprehension of physics. FYI.

Some supplementary info on sods that DP missed- they're extremely skilled.  Pretty much, they are perfectly accurate with any weapon they're trained in, know all the weaknesses and vulnerabilites of anything the UWM fields, and are generally masterful at combat.  But they are incapable of creative thought; hand them an unfamiliar weapon, ask them a question they haven't been programmed to answer, or tell them to think up a plan, and they will blankly stare at you.
I wonder how long it would take them to learn how to play a video game. We should test that once we have a spare sod and a copy of TF2 or something.

No, she was from the 'lower end of the elite'.
Coulda been the daughter of a Magicstar or whatever.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: March 29, 2014, 09:45:42 pm »

I am.
I'm also now in the running for coolest team member, being a giant shapeshifting space wizard praying mantis wielding a katana.
Please. I'm immortal. Second best at best.
Semi-immortal and significantly less useful in combat. Or for intimidation for that matter.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: March 29, 2014, 09:56:32 pm »

How am I semi-immortal?

And this isn't about effectiveness, it's about cool. Xan's creepy, but he isn't cool.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: March 29, 2014, 09:59:26 pm »

Immortal generally implies that you don't get killed to begin with.

Aren't you arguing a rather subjective point then? I was attempting to anchor it onto something actually debatable.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: March 29, 2014, 10:24:07 pm »

Berem the Everman was immortal. So are Time Lords. Basically, immortal means you don't die, not that you don't get killed.

Aren't you arguing a rather subjective point then? I was attempting to anchor it onto something actually debatable.
Then you're moving the goalposts because you're not sure about...um...the rules of soccer? Metaphors are hard at times, especially when they're chosen for you.
Sig

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: March 29, 2014, 10:34:21 pm »

Berem the Everman was immortal. So are Time Lords. Basically, immortal means you don't die, not that you don't get killed.
The dictionary definitions I've seen have "never dying" as part of it. I tend to trust dictionaries more than works of fiction when it comes to providing definitions.

Then you're moving the goalposts because you're not sure about...um...the rules of soccer? Metaphors are hard at times, especially when they're chosen for you.
At no point did I ever explicitly relate what I said to the subjective concept of what is "cool".
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 2205