Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491944 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #1965 on: March 26, 2014, 12:39:56 pm »

You were extrapolating from a different set of data.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: March 27, 2014, 08:44:14 am »

((I hate to interrupt your roleplaying, but it would be nice if you got in an action for the sods this turn, so they don't fall behind. Just put up an action in the other thread, if you can. Be sure to clearly label what team you're commanding and tell pw you're taking over for Sean for a while.

Or, if you'd prefer to wait to command the next sod team, tell me so I can take over. Can't be wastin' that potential, yo.

I'm kind of being held up at gunpoint until at least next turn. :P
Maybe you could post an action for them this turn, and then hand them over when Hasala can get down there?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: March 27, 2014, 09:16:42 am »

((I hate to interrupt your roleplaying, but it would be nice if you got in an action for the sods this turn, so they don't fall behind. Just put up an action in the other thread, if you can. Be sure to clearly label what team you're commanding and tell pw you're taking over for Sean for a while.

Or, if you'd prefer to wait to command the next sod team, tell me so I can take over. Can't be wastin' that potential, yo.

I'm kind of being held up at gunpoint until at least next turn. :P
Maybe you could post an action for them this turn, and then hand them over when Hasala can get down there?

Sure, fine by me.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1968 on: March 27, 2014, 04:47:19 pm »

(( Yeah, I agree, this is a good opportunity, and if speech works, it should work well. My concern is that their radios are likely similar to our radios, so our only means of disabling comms quickly will be to disable the man. And yeah, Milno should be able to hook up with us quickly, he's got a MK III ))
There's atmosphere here, apparently, since we could hear them approach. So we can just remove their helmets until we disable their radios.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 04:51:04 pm by Parisbre56 »

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: March 27, 2014, 07:58:16 pm »

(( Yeah, I agree, this is a good opportunity, and if speech works, it should work well. My concern is that their radios are likely similar to our radios, so our only means of disabling comms quickly will be to disable the man. And yeah, Milno should be able to hook up with us quickly, he's got a MK III ))
There's atmosphere here, apparently, since we could hear them approach. So we can just remove their helmets until we disable their radios.

True, that hadn't quite occurred to me. I had been assumed we didn't have atmo, since he didn't mention us going through a seal and we landed in a decompressed section. I'll modify my action slightly

Miyamoto asks which of the three teams on ship Alpha is closest to the bridge, and how much time apart they would arrive if they all beelined for the bridge now and weren't interrupted. He asks if there are usually alternate routes into the command center on UWM ships, or only one, and if there are interesting secondary objectives they could pursue on their way to the bridge (like, say, the ship's AI core).

I think Steve has said that he doesn't know where the bridge is, RC, so I don't think he's know that until one of us found a map.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: March 27, 2014, 08:07:17 pm »

True, that hadn't quite occurred to me. I had been assumed we didn't have atmo, since he didn't mention us going through a seal and we landed in a decompressed section. I'll modify my action slightly

Miyamoto asks which of the three teams on ship Alpha is closest to the bridge, and how much time apart they would arrive if they all beelined for the bridge now and weren't interrupted. He asks if there are usually alternate routes into the command center on UWM ships, or only one, and if there are interesting secondary objectives they could pursue on their way to the bridge (like, say, the ship's AI core).

I think Steve has said that he doesn't know where the bridge is, RC, so I don't think he's know that until one of us found a map.

I know. It's more to have an idea how far apart we are. Steve can pick an arbitrary point somewhere in the middle of the ship and use that for all I care, but saying 'quite far away' is kinda hard to plan on. Having a (very) rough idea of what kind of distance we're dealing with will make coordinating easier. But you're right, I'l edit it to better reflect this idea.

Remember when PW told us the sods were advancing towards us through the dust, and we all thought they were at least a few dozen meters away, while in fact they were right up our noses? Yeah, it's to prevent that happening again.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: March 27, 2014, 09:38:49 pm »

"I could probably punch through a few bulkheads with my amp. Rather not try unless I have to of course. And yes, splitting up is bad, however, we've just arrived, and we'd only need to go as far as a sign, then regroup."
Don't you know?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: March 27, 2014, 10:12:42 pm »

So how bad of an idea would it be to use the other cutting lasers to make us an access hole to where we need to go? If they can be moved?
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: March 27, 2014, 10:27:22 pm »

They can be moved easily. Dubley's carrying a few right now. The only problem is that they aren't designed to be fired manually, so they have a -1 to rolls. But with a dynamic bonus to offset that I think it's a good idea.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: March 27, 2014, 10:35:10 pm »

I'm not sure how heavy they are, since they are powerful cutting lasers (heavy) but at the same time, one-shot (substantially lighter). Thaddeus can try carrying one or two as long as they aren't too encumbering.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: March 27, 2014, 10:40:44 pm »

He has the exo-suit, so that should help. I was mostly thinking about a quick way to meet up with the other team, or to open any bulkheads really quickly, seeing as how Milno and Thaddeus don't have an aux person
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: March 27, 2014, 10:42:52 pm »

The way I had in mind to open bulkheads with Milno would be using either a) exogauntlet or b) falcon punch.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: March 27, 2014, 10:51:49 pm »

Ah, yeah. Forgot about the gauntlet. Thaddeus still might take one or two lasers, just as a back up

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: March 27, 2014, 10:53:35 pm »

Yeah, that's fine. Just don't get heavy enough carrying Thaddeus would be a problem and it's a good idea.
>Yes?

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: March 27, 2014, 11:08:52 pm »

Works for me
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 2205