Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2492643 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #1980 on: March 28, 2014, 04:48:05 pm »

The bullet-pod insertion method may need some improvement so it stops killing its users, but the fact the laser cutters also double as very useful tools for the invading party is an added bonus.

@smurfing: Hacking is Aux.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 05:24:51 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: March 28, 2014, 06:11:56 pm »

Why did I read the Tearjerker section on Tvtropes? Seriously, now I'm a bit sad now.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1982 on: March 28, 2014, 09:13:13 pm »

@Kriellya: If you have any objections or if you think we should do things differently, please say so.

Usually I'm just following someone with authority trying to convince them to go along with my crazy plans or just doing them alone. Now that I have someone else agreeing to my crazy plans with no objection... it feels kinda off. Makes me feel responsible.

Why did I read the Tearjerker section on Tvtropes? Seriously, now I'm a bit sad now.
There, there.

Here, have some funny cats.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: March 28, 2014, 09:29:39 pm »

Heh. I'm not just agree'ing with you for the sake of not having to come up with another plan, if that's what you think.  (though we'll see if PW lets you ret-con the threatening, since he thought you had a MK I)

Honestly, it's also the sort of plan this character would prefer. Avoid direct combat if possible, take advantages where they appear. Right now, we have them stopped, confused, and looking at you and not aware of me. Perfect setup for a hat-trick ambush that gets us a vehicle, credentials (in the form of their key-cards) and a very effective disguise if we take their suits, without raising an alarm. Just shooting them would be an acceptable solution, but could raise alarms.

Also, you have the guns, I have a manipulator. You can shoot them, which only *might* raise an alarm. I can consume them in a ball of fire, which *will* raise an alarm. And that's if I don't bake my own brain instead of theirs. Any plan that means I don't have to use a manipulator is a plan I approve of :P

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: March 28, 2014, 10:13:33 pm »

You could try incinerating their medulla oblongata instead, if memory serves, lower volumes are easier to target plus if you keep it internal, the person would just drop dead. Or better yet, give one of them severe heat stroke, enough to mandate some of them to take him to the infirmary, that requires even less heat and removes multiple hostiles from the area.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: March 28, 2014, 10:19:48 pm »

Question from an outsider: is the 'verse at large aware of amps and such?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: March 28, 2014, 10:24:11 pm »

My team has vanished.  Should no one else post, I may have to use the "Grate as a trap detector" method!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: March 28, 2014, 11:04:48 pm »

Question from an outsider: is the 'verse at large aware of amps and such?

As far as humanity goes, I think it depends on the planet. If I remember correctly UWM civilians are mostly aware of the existence of amps and manipulators as war weapons. piecewise mentioned it's not part of civilian stuff/life.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: March 29, 2014, 05:10:36 pm »

My team has vanished.  Should no one else post, I may have to use the "Grate as a trap detector" method!
T'seems the whole subforum is awfully quiet lately.

By the way, while thinking about mission the other day, the phrase "Shoot me closer, I want to hit the with my sword!" came to mind (like in the infamous WH40K photo). Is there any boarder actually carrying a sword though? I sure hope so.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: March 29, 2014, 05:12:43 pm »

I am.
I'm also now in the running for coolest team member, being a giant shapeshifting space wizard praying mantis wielding a katana.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: March 29, 2014, 05:19:56 pm »

Perhaps you should attach the katana to one of those bladed limbs and change it into something similar to that of a mantis shrimp's? That way you could be a giant shapeshifting space wizard praying mantis shrimp wielding an inbuilt katana.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: March 29, 2014, 05:23:13 pm »

I am.
I'm also now in the running for coolest team member, being a giant shapeshifting space wizard praying mantis wielding a katana.

Haha, nice try buddy, but until you can bench press a mountain, then turn it into diamond, you ain't got nothing!

Major points for style though.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: March 29, 2014, 05:33:15 pm »

I am.

Haha, nice try buddy, but until you can bench press a mountain, then turn it into diamond, you ain't got nothing!

Major points for style though.
If the mountain's made out of charcoal I can turn it to diamond, and I could bench press it if I was really lucky.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: March 29, 2014, 05:59:18 pm »

By the way, while thinking about mission the other day, the phrase "Shoot me closer, I want to hit the with my sword!" came to mind (like in the infamous WH40K photo). Is there any boarder actually carrying a sword though? I sure hope so.

I have a sword as well. Along with a Laser Rifle, Shotgun, gauss rifle and bolt action rifle.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: March 29, 2014, 06:10:57 pm »

I have a sword as well. Along with a Laser Rifle, Shotgun, gauss rifle and bolt action rifle.
I too have a sword although the blade is a full two feet longer than it should be so its more like a miniature lance, i just need a pony and i can go mini-jousting.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 2205