Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 153

Author Topic: So OpenX-Com...  (Read 241338 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: So OpenX-Com...
« Reply #2175 on: February 18, 2023, 07:43:46 pm »

a new version of xpiratez is there :
https://www.moddb.com/mods/x-piratez/downloads/dioxine-xpiratez-n4
Spoiler: N4.0.1 changelog (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2023, 07:46:53 am by Robsoie »

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #2176 on: February 20, 2023, 02:00:32 pm »

Having trouble getting a working install of X-pz on my Pixel 5. (OXCE Android version, using GOG release of UFO Defense, using some of the later releases of Xpz)
I have gotten oxce to work.
nothing I do with the Xpz files in the mod folder seems to make them show up in the mods dropdown.
I would suspect faulty download, but that would be 2 different versions across 2 different connections with 2 different browsers, totaling 8 attempts.
Enlighten me, o wise ones.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: February 20, 2023, 02:09:38 pm »

I used to run XPZ on android tablet. It took quite a bit of time to load, but it worked.

You need to locate wherever your saves are actually saved. The best way would be to open a game of X-Com: Ufo Defense and save it under a unique name (such as "OpenXCOM_Search_Save"), which you then search for in your system.

Then, once you find your save folder (which will be named "xcom1"), go one folder up, enter or create "mods" folder next to it and drop your Piratez mod folder(s) there.

An important thing is that the save and mods folders to be used are probably not where OpenXcom installs to.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2023, 02:12:17 pm by Mathel »
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: February 20, 2023, 03:03:56 pm »

a new version of xpiratez is there :
https://www.moddb.com/mods/x-piratez/downloads/dioxine-xpiratez-n4
Spoiler: N4.0.1 changelog (click to show/hide)
Dang some of that sounds real good.  No wonder it's a major version!  Restarting again since I only got a few months into N3.1.3.

For something completely different... everyone remember the parrot we used to spawn with?  I found exclusive footage!
https://fxtwitter.com/CasualArtyFan/status/1627339713278365697

Edit: Aside from the new features, I actually really like that minor change giving range-2 to a few more large melee weapons.  I'm intrigued about the Ogre stuff too.

I'm narrowing my eyes with suspicion at the "pureblood" soldier type.  As one of the Mutant Alliance submovements states: WE ARE ALL MUTANTS.  Everyone on Earth.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2023, 03:34:56 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: February 20, 2023, 05:00:47 pm »

If it's not related to the humanists faction, maybe this soldier type is about a creature entirely manufactured from some lab, not from a mutation of an existing creature ?

I'm so many versions behind i don't know about the current lore anymore in xpiratez.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: February 20, 2023, 11:26:25 pm »

I'm also curious about the nerf to tanks. I know there was general griping about tanks busting balance for a while, but sometimes I really need that tank crutch to get through certain missions...

That said, I quite like the restriction on heroes and vehicles - fits their schtick better while dealing with the balance issues of ridiculous stats in heavy weapons platforms.

Edit:

« Last Edit: February 21, 2023, 12:19:35 am by Dostoevsky »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: February 21, 2023, 10:37:21 am »

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: February 21, 2023, 02:06:29 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: February 21, 2023, 07:41:05 pm »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: February 21, 2023, 09:32:30 pm »

So you can ally with previous versions enemies now ?

Reminds me a bit of the 40k/Rosigma mod in which you can choose at some point to corrupt your imperial faction and become the enemy of the imperium.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: February 22, 2023, 02:39:57 pm »

Okay, still haven't actually played the patch but used the new 'out of game' XPedia2 to look into it a bit. It does involve the humanists, but it's not joining them. It's also definitely not early game. Overall seems pretty niche to me, but nothing wrong with filling out that campaign decision tree even more.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: February 22, 2023, 03:13:04 pm »

Formally allying with the Mutant Alliance has technically been optional for a while.  The actual research-gate is "Sci books" which they'll unlock for you, but there are two (three?) alternatives

It's nice that there are alternatives to joining the Mutant Alliance, it makes me feel even better about always doing it :)

I'm not sure how well the engine can handle too fundamental an alignment-shift, because AFAIK it can't actually change the score-value for the various "enemies".  So you'll always lose points for killing Govt agents or free mutants (such as on the Eurosyndicate missions, which are essentially "do a terror attack" and penalize you appropriately).  And if you're on a battlefield with Humanists you'll always get points for killing them- as you should~

Interesting, though.  I also brushed up on the general lore a bit and was reminded that "purebloods" aren't just humanists, it's something 99% of the dummies in the cities call themselves.  The Damsel soldiers are also supposedly purebloods.  The files indicate that it has more to do with economic status than actual genetic "purity"- the peasants can't be purebloods because the city-dwellers need to be better than someone, despite almost certainly being low-level mutants themselves.

How many people are *real* "purebloods"?  Maybe the new content will help spell that out.  I still stand by "We are all mutants", though.

(The humanists have "super soldiers" who are OBVIOUSLY mutants, but that's okay because it was on purpose ::)  The Enclave in Fallout 2 is similarly hypocritical)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: February 22, 2023, 03:57:07 pm »

Technically possible to stay away from the MA, yeah, but unless you really hate pogrom missions there isn't much reason to do it. (Not that I mind that, the MA are the closest thing to good guys in the setting.)

I think the engine could handle an alignment shift by having the relevant missions offset the score loss with mission score / specialized loot score.

And yep, pureblood is akin to 'rich blueblood' in the setting.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: February 22, 2023, 04:42:09 pm »

It seems like the easiest way for the engine to handle it would be by duplicating the enemies in question. I.e., you have one set of Humanists that show up if you're indy or MA, but another if you're playing footsie with the fascists.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: March 22, 2023, 11:48:04 am »

Rosigma 2.1 for 40K OXCE got released, rather big
https://openxcom.old.mod.io/rosigma
Spoiler: changelog (click to show/hide)

There's also a fork of Rosigma called Rosigmunda that focus on creating a 40K Necromunda atmosphere and story campaign for the Judge Dredd Arbites faction :
https://openxcom.old.mod.io/rosigmunda
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 153