Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153]

Author Topic: So OpenX-Com...  (Read 241330 times)

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So OpenX-Com...
« Reply #2280 on: August 14, 2024, 09:42:30 am »

The thing is I like to see where they land still, so disabling the camera entirely can still be a problem there. Also the whole 'one projectile at a time' can result in some really slow automatic weapons fire.

That said, thanks! Having to hold down a button is a bit awkward, but I'll try that next time I dive into some OXCE.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: August 15, 2024, 05:18:33 am »

After a while it's no different than holding CTRL and then click to make your unit "running" instead of walking (only available if you enabled alternate movement in the options) or CTRL + shoot to force shooting despite "no line of fire" (useful for explosives).
One more complicated is CTRL+SHIFT + shoot , it's always fun and useful (especially when you have a few targets in view) when using auto weapons :
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,6423.0.html

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: August 15, 2024, 09:46:22 am »

Yep, I've used those all too, those are just more situational. Though I suppose the ALT shoot itself could be used situationally with more problem weapons.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: August 15, 2024, 10:28:24 am »

I've sometimes accidentally ALT-shot when I was checking how much damage I could do and forgot to release ALT.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153]