Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 153

Author Topic: So OpenX-Com...  (Read 241575 times)

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
Re: So OpenX-Com...
« Reply #165 on: June 22, 2015, 06:48:13 pm »

I want a mod that puts cows in the game, so I can use cows as cover.

Grab the dogs from final mod pack and modify them into civilians for terror missions.

Then just rescale the sprites a bit in paint, add horns, recolour them and you're done. Savage attack cows defending earth from the alien mutilation squads.

It's not cows with guns, but it's not bad.

This might just crash the game due to them "sort of" being HWP tanks, which I'm not sure if civvies are allowed to be.

(I'm not sure if cow/dog/tank/civvy hybrids will attack aliens in terror missions with the current AI. But it will be hilarious if they do so. Please report back with screenshots if this is a thing.)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 06:57:30 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 23, 2015, 12:51:38 am »

Could we mod all civilians in terror missions to be plasma hovertanks? :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 23, 2015, 01:32:41 am »

Could we mod the Civilians to not be complete morons?
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #168 on: June 23, 2015, 01:34:09 am »

I want a mod that puts cows in the game, so I can use cows as cover.

Grab the dogs from final mod pack and modify them into civilians for terror missions.

Then just rescale the sprites a bit in paint, add horns, recolour them and you're done. Savage attack cows defending earth from the alien mutilation squads.

It's not cows with guns, but it's not bad.

This might just crash the game due to them "sort of" being HWP tanks, which I'm not sure if civvies are allowed to be.

(I'm not sure if cow/dog/tank/civvy hybrids will attack aliens in terror missions with the current AI. But it will be hilarious if they do so. Please report back with screenshots if this is a thing.)
I can sprite but I'm not so hot at coding. Sectocows could be a thing if I had a partner.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 23, 2015, 04:30:16 am »

I'll look into it. Can sprite and bodgy-mod code a bit. No time limit, because civvy tanks will be a worthwhile usage of my time too. If one works, so will the other.

Let the game crashes commence!
It's a game. Have fun.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 23, 2015, 10:34:20 am »

I will give real life money to anyone who codes terror missions as Xcom saving the terrified aliens from a city full of plasma and launcher hovertanks.

Or maybe just having to survive for twenty turns in the middle of a civil war between the tanks and the sectopods
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #171 on: June 23, 2015, 05:27:33 pm »

I will give real life money to anyone who codes terror missions as Xcom saving the terrified aliens from a city full of plasma and launcher hovertanks.

Or maybe just having to survive for twenty turns in the middle of a civil war between the tanks and the sectopods
I want civilians to infect aliens and XCOM operatives and turn them into civilians.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 23, 2015, 07:48:28 pm »

I want civilians to infect aliens and XCOM operatives and turn them into civilians.

A fate worse than death.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 23, 2015, 09:14:03 pm »

A fate worse than death.

Sarge: "Get ahold of yourself Johnson"
Johnson: "Must... walk... in and out... of doorways"
Sarge: *points shotgun at Johnson*  "I'm sorry, son." *pulls trigger*
Commander: "HEY!  Stop reducing our monthly score!"
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 23, 2015, 11:00:27 pm »

Piratez can feel like that, terror missions are "Mutant progroms" where the mostly human factions go and try to kill mutated civilians en-mass. They do bring tanks sometimes.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 24, 2015, 06:16:53 am »

And giant dinosaurs with rocket launchers.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 29, 2015, 07:25:50 am »

Playing my first mutant progrom (terror) mission in the Piratez mod on Davey Jones difficulty (second hardest). Only half my crew has Smoke Ops armour, and I've foolishly equipped them all with harpoon gun stunners rather than extreme amounts of rockets. Mixed force of Academy/A.Security/Drones and Cyber Disks so far.

This probably won't go well....
It's a game. Have fun.

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 29, 2015, 07:37:09 am »

Playing my first mutant progrom (terror) mission in the Piratez mod on Davey Jones difficulty (second hardest). Only half my crew has Smoke Ops armour, and I've foolishly equipped them all with harpoon gun stunners rather than extreme amounts of rockets. Mixed force of Academy/A.Security/Drones and Cyber Disks so far.

This probably won't go well....

After I lost like 5 times, I was like "forget the hostage, screw those guys, every body grab your black powder bomb and HAMMER!"

This run still going strong, so far.
I may not have a new shiny toy, but hell I'm still alive.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 07:56:26 am by Nuttycompa »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 29, 2015, 07:49:16 am »

Black powder bombs seem so incredibly useful, more so even than standard grenades.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 29, 2015, 05:22:44 pm »

Had an oddity after failing that mission. I decided to pretty much abandon the game at the end of the month and do a bit of research to check out some future tech for another "serious" play through. Got 15 brainers, ignored all missions and ufos and just quick-timed it through the research topics.

Got a score of 978 first month and some funding increases.

Got a score of about 800 the next, got a slight overall funding increase.

Whilst these scores aren't good by any means, they're at least positive. And I did literally nothing but research.  Seems a bit high, even with a score boost for the thingies I discovered. Odd, anyway.

As a question, do high resolution and long range radars bug out with each other? I don't seem to actually be discovering that many ufos with both active, at a base just NW of Turkey (so covering most of Europe, and some of the Middle East, Russia and North Africa). Just seems a bit low.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 05:24:48 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 153