Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Spirits of Creation [Turn 6: Refined]  (Read 11484 times)

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spirits of Creation [Turn 4: Vision]
« Reply #90 on: February 06, 2014, 09:04:06 am »

Modify needle shrimp to be bigger.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 06, 2014, 09:26:38 am »

I give the Snickerlizard's tail-gem the ability to constantly absorb ambient magical energy that they can use to lift even bigger things or supplement their intelligence to the level of understanding and using speech.
I claim the spheres of Crystals and Magicks.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 06, 2014, 10:05:25 am »

Turn the rock bugs into vengeful beings.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 06, 2014, 10:11:10 am »

Step 2 Redux: More procreating! It'll work eventually!

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
Re: Spirits of Creation [Turn 3: Matters of Mind]
« Reply #94 on: February 06, 2014, 01:08:29 pm »

Ralex examines what the super-secret-things are super-secretly interacting with

He seems perturbed
[Normal] This might or might not alleviate that concern. (PM'd)
But you didn't...
The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 06, 2014, 02:55:54 pm »

Try to get out without destroying my only success. Curse creatively while doing so.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 06, 2014, 04:47:25 pm »

(Good, you always need to start small.)
now make the fruits more like a slurry, with no flesh and all the juice being held in by a thin skin.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Spirits of Creation [Turn 3: Matters of Mind]
« Reply #97 on: February 07, 2014, 01:27:53 am »

Ralex examines what the super-secret-things are super-secretly interacting with

He seems perturbed
[Normal] This might or might not alleviate that concern. (PM'd)
But you didn't...
Whoops! That was indeed a lie.

Now it's been PM'd. As in, I literally sent the PM before finishing this post this time, not the "I'm sure I'll remember afterwards" of before.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 07, 2014, 05:05:47 am »

Instruct the bilecrows in speech as well as song! Talking birds!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 08, 2014, 06:25:29 am »

Re-instill the bilecrows' hatred of all living things, making more pronounced and dominant.

Can't make bold because on phone

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 08, 2014, 06:26:26 am »

I am accidental doublepost
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 06:28:37 am by Demonic Spoon »

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 10, 2014, 08:11:15 am »

Ralex finds moss, and changes its leaves from circular to angular.
If that wasn't too taxing, he makes the roots angular as well

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 12, 2014, 05:14:37 pm »

I think it's time this got updated.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 13, 2014, 05:31:48 am »

Turn 5: What Have You Done

Quercus is quite pleased with the current result, but things could get better.
Give about half these trees the ability to uproot themselves, move around and replant as they please.
Also, let all sentient trees communicate through their own roots, not having to depend on mine.

[Normal] You give half your trees the ability to shift their roots around slowly. However, breaking contact with the primary tree's roots would sever their connection to you, and thus their sapience and ability to communicate with each other.

Shifty Thought Trees (Quercus)
These trees are connected to the roots of the might Colossal Tree, and are sapient as a result. They can communicate rapidly with each other through this connection. As trees, they are unable to do much except philosophize. These trees can shift their roots about slowly, though breaking contact with the Colossal Tree's roots would render them no longer sapient.

Modify needle shrimp to be bigger.
[CRIT][CRIT][POOR] You make the needle shrimp huge. Enormous! As big as they want!

And you do it all by making them tiny.

In a fit of mad genius, you shrink them down into tiny, tiny little shrimplings that live symbiotically with each other, forming a functional creature out of tiny pieces. As a result, they can form a creature of any size- and in theory, any shape- they want.

Nanoshrimp (Darkbane)
These miniscule shrimp live in symbiotic hives arranged into a coherent whole, acting as a much larger creature. Up close, their legs are extremely long, pointy, flexible, and thin, and are used primarily to lattice in and feel out each other and their environment.

That was pretty intense, but unfortunately the needleshrimp aren't really needley anymore. You can't really call yourself the God of Sharp Objects.

I give the Snickerlizard's tail-gem the ability to constantly absorb ambient magical energy that they can use to lift even bigger things or supplement their intelligence to the level of understanding and using speech.
I claim the spheres of Crystals and Magicks.

[Poor] The gems now absorb magical energy, but don't actually do anything with it except glow in the dark and release it in small, tasty amounts when the lizards gnaw on their own tails.

Snickerlizards (Bob; DEVOURED)
These large lizards are extraordinarily intelligent for lizards, and routinely display uncannily cunning behavior. They are fairly social as a result, and prone to occasionally playing with objects. Mothers swallow small gemstones while producing eggs, which leave each hatchling a gem on its tail. This gem is the focus of their impressive telekinetic abilities, allowing them to hurl about and fight off predators many times their size. It also absorbs magical energy from nearby sources, which is then released by glowing and being tasty when chewed on.

Having no competition, you call yourself God of Magicks and Crystals anyway.

Turn the rock bugs into vengeful beings.
[Normal] They become spiteful an persistent, for nearly-mindless bugs, following things that annoy them and... well, they don't have much in the way of mouthparts, but they can at least try to push each other and similarly sized creatures around.

Tuffbugs (Gorlacois)
These almost triangular, segmented, many-legged bugs like to hide under rocks. They are remarkably bellicose and unforgiving for nearly-mindless bugs without much in the way of natural weaponry, and will follow and push at things that annoy them.

Step 2 Redux: More procreating! It'll work eventually!
[Normal] You manage to make some of the Cloudwings more owl-like, in your own image. Properly procreating persistently eludes you, however.

Cloudwings (Superb Owl; DEVOURED)
These brownish birds are clearly made of clouds. They never land, eat, sleep, or breed, and instead come about through the birdwinds through unknown forces. Some of them resemble the Superb Owl, showing more of his essence.

Try to get out without destroying my only success. Curse creatively while doing so.
[Poor] You try to pry yourself free just a little, and it goes terribly. You "crack" some of the justice mice, leaving their powers intact but removing their sense of, well, justice.

Justice Mice (Tesserb; DEVOURED)
These Cringemice are white in color, brave, intelligent, and remarkably inspiring and justice-oriented for mice. They tend to rally the normally fearful Cringemice, and put an end to bullying from the larger members and injustice and unfairness in general. Some of them, however, are Cracked, having the powers of Justice Mice but resembling bully Cringemice more in temperament.

(Good, you always need to start small.)
now make the fruits more like a slurry, with no flesh and all the juice being held in by a thin skin.
((I'm suddenly curious where you're going with this.))

[Normal] The fruits rapidly liquefy when ripening, becoming little more than sacks of mush not long after they'd be "ripe" by any normal fruit's standards.

Trunkfruit (Krozoa)
These trees have compact, delicious, nutritious fruit on their trunks, rather than on their branches. The fruit liquefies rapidly when ripening, becoming little more than sacks of mush not long after they'd be "ripe" by any normal fruit's standards.

Instruct the bilecrows in speech as well as song! Talking birds!
[CRIT][Good] You instill in the birds a cunning ability to replicate and modify any sounds they've heard. While it doesn't grant them the power to truly speak of their own accord, it does allow them to hear, repeat, and if they choose modify any noises they see profit in.

Bilecrows (Flowery Sunshine, Demihemios)
These ravens are very aggressive and ill-tempered, pecking viciously at the faces of things that anger or annoy them, which is most things. They also sing beautifully, and will sometimes curb their aggression to sing at the objects of their displeasure instead. They have a disturbing ability to replicate and modify any sounds they hear, allowing them to mimic almost anything they've encountered, and modify it if they find it works better that way.

+1 Spirit

Re-instill the bilecrows' hatred of all living things, making more pronounced and dominant.

Can't make bold because on phone
[Normal] You sharpen the bilecrows' spiteful, vicious attitude.

Bilecrows (Flowery Sunshine, Demihemios)
These ravens are very aggressive and ill-tempered, pecking viciously at the faces of things that anger or annoy them, which is most things. They also sing beautifully, and will occasionally curb their aggression to sing at the objects of their displeasure instead. They have a disturbing ability to replicate and modify any sounds they hear, allowing them to mimic almost anything they've encountered, and modify it if they find it works better that way.

Ralex finds moss, and changes its leaves from circular to angular.
If that wasn't too taxing, he makes the roots angular as well

[Poor] The leaves go from circles to circles folded down the middle. Making the entire thing more angular might have worked, but doing both the leaves and roots would have been too complex to focus on.

Foldmoss (Ralex)
This moss' leaves look like circles folded down the middle.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Spirits of Creation [Turn 5: What Have You Done]
« Reply #104 on: February 13, 2014, 05:58:44 am »

Quercus was not very pleased with these results, he tried a workaround to the current problem.
With those whom can move around, but have not yet uprooted themselves.
Give them the ability to be like beacons, connectors or transmitters between trees, sentient or not.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 12:21:53 pm by Ultimuh »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9