Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21

Author Topic: Torn Planet - Prologue  (Read 27347 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Torn Planet - Prologue
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2014, 04:50:23 am »

Nathom nods again, moving to take a seat. He does speak at last, though, turning to the trio with a questioning look.
"As enthusiastic as I am for this opportunity, it is quite sudden. Would you mind leaving a note with Moss telling everyone why I've disappeared all of a sudden?" Moss was the unofficial 'leader' of the settlement. He had been one of the founders, working alongside Nathom's parents before their deaths in an accident.

Nathom was wearing one of his father's old parkas, a true relic which had survived from before the End, passed down in the family. It had been patched and repaired many times, and it showed, but it was warm and sturdy and Nathom was quite attached to it. It was blue in colour, originally quite a dark shade but it had faded over the years.
Other than the parka, he wore a simple pair of roughly-stitched, un-dyed cargo pants and a battered pair of boots.

>Ask these guys if they could leave a message for someone detailing where I've gone, then take a seat.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2014, 04:35:37 pm »

Waiting patiently and listening to the footsteps as they draw close Corran spins round the corner flicking his wrist aiming to plant a knife in the leading enemies throat while using the split second of surprise to slam bodily into the second man in an attempt to drop them both to the ground and give his companion a clear shot at the third. As he falls one hand goes to the wrist of the hand holding the gun and twists sharply aiming to break it.

[5] You lie unnoticed until the intruders approach the end of the staircase. At this moment, you produce a knife and swing it at the lead individual (aiming for the throat = +50% damage). She falls to the ground immediately, but you didn't quite feel the distinctive action of a knife sinking into a target. Regardless, you [2] stumble into the second, knocking him down as well as losing your footing and falling with him.

Agent Thomas fires a shot from his own pistol, bringing the third enemy down with a single well-placed shot to the head. The body falls backwards and lands on the platform between the first and second floors. (Rolled a headshot and a 11+2 roll with a single shot = 129 damage)

Action
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You pack your things and leave a note on the outside of your door. Next, you walk through the hallways and come across a stranger who greets you. He is wearing a rather distinctive outfit--an electronic monocle on one eye, a black fedora, and a deep black longcoat with a cane.

"Why hello good sir! I see you wish to learn more about our plans! Simply follow me to the docks, and we will be on our way to the surface."

The surface...?

"Alright. Fine. No tricks, though."

Follow him.

The agent simply nods and checks his watch. He walks inside--and you follow--going straight to the hangar level of the tower near the roof, where there are a number of transport vehicles parked. Some of them belong to people you know. One of the closer ones belongs to your father, as well. The agent looks around and notes the large blast doors which must be activated to leave the hangar.

"We will have to get control tower permission to take off."

Follow the white rabbit men in top hats

The stranger merely nods, and turns to his companions. You notice a small golden disk attached to the back-left portion of his coat as he turns.
"Boys, let's introduce this man to our plans."
They urge you to follow as they turn and head out along the underwater streets. You follow them into an office building filled with, and they ask you to come with them into the elevator.
Before you can act, you hear a whisper coming from behind you.
"Prepare yourself."

You turn to look where the voice came from, but whomever said it seems to have disappeared into the crowd.
"What was that voice?"
"Was that one of the old man's agents?" one of the three strangers asks.
"I believe so, we cannot continue without compromising our secrecy."
"A shame."

Damned fool is gonna get himself knocked off by a high wind, not that it's any of my concern.
Continue climbing the tower.

[5] You make it to the top without issue. You find a helicopter landed at the top. The pilot inside is speaking to someone through a... pocket watch.

You see the climber from before on the surface of the tower, having safely rappelled down, heading toward the western end of the tower--the place where the lower clans in the tower dwelt.

Stick the razors into my 'box of junk', the remains of the hat into 'the box of dangerous junk' and pack them both up in my duffel along with the tools, weapons and other necessary items.

You finish packing your things. You can either go out into the hall, go outside, or wait.
There happen to be footsteps coming from the ceiling. The person making them seems to be wandering around intermittently in no particular direction.

Nathom nods again, moving to take a seat. He does speak at last, though, turning to the trio with a questioning look.
"As enthusiastic as I am for this opportunity, it is quite sudden. Would you mind leaving a note with Moss telling everyone why I've disappeared all of a sudden?" Moss was the unofficial 'leader' of the settlement. He had been one of the founders, working alongside Nathom's parents before their deaths in an accident.

Nathom was wearing one of his father's old parkas, a true relic which had survived from before the End, passed down in the family. It had been patched and repaired many times, and it showed, but it was warm and sturdy and Nathom was quite attached to it. It was blue in colour, originally quite a dark shade but it had faded over the years.
Other than the parka, he wore a simple pair of roughly-stitched, un-dyed cargo pants and a battered pair of boots.

>Ask these guys if they could leave a message for someone detailing where I've gone, then take a seat.

"We can do that. is there anything you would like this fellow to know?"
"We will have to call someone to plant the note."
The third individual took out a folding pocket watch and appeared to type something into it.

The three strangers seemed to move around firmly glued to each other.

Another stranger, this one alone and dressed similarly to the others, climbs out of a hatch on the of the nearby submarines.
"Excuse me, you are sir Nathom..." his voice trails off, him seeming to have forgotten your last name.

Man the Anti-aircraft myself. Wait for him to come closer.

As you man the turret and the gangsters enthusiastically hurl shouts and threats, you begin to make out details of the approaching vessel. It looks, at least to you, a lot like a skytower emerging from the clouds... you begin to think it really is just a mirage.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2014, 04:37:12 pm »

Kyle is waiting at the place he was told with his bag of clothes.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2014, 04:41:02 pm »

Wait for it to approach, command it to stop before landing.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2014, 04:46:55 pm »

Falling heavily Corran raised himself just enough to slam his elbow down into the man beneath hims gut winding him long enough to knock the gun from his hand.

" It's over, surrender if you want to live. "
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2014, 04:47:31 pm »

- Ahem. What was it that confused you, good sirs? Shall we proceed to original target or... deal with something else first?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2014, 05:15:52 pm »

Use my goggles to order a drone to find out what happened to the steering system.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2014, 05:35:40 pm »

Kyle is waiting at the place he was told with his bag of clothes.

You hand the ticket your were given over to the gatekeeper and head into the lobby.

You find the man from before making his way through the line. When he arrives, he points at one of the tour guides in the lobby and tells you that she will be the one who will take us on a tour. The first part of the tour involves an exploration of the seafloor inside self-contained diving suits, and that, the agent tells you, is how they will enter the sub that will take you to the Gentleman's.

Use my goggles to order a drone to find out what happened to the steering system.

Looking forward, you see that the Archive is currently heading in the direction of a skytower in the distance. Possibly on a collision course!
You open up the maintenance panel and deploy an automated repair drone to investigate the problem, linking your goggles to show you the live feed from the drone's camera. The drone crawls along the outer surface of the ship and observes the steering mechanism. There doesn't appear to be any visible problem with the mechanism itself.

Meanwhile, you find that the throttle is also unresponsive. The drone is also unable to find a problem with that, so perhaps it is a fault with the computer systems. You scramble to find the issue by entering the ship's core server with your console, only to find that any attempts to override current travel commands are met with "insufficient permissions."

As the ship approaches the skytower, you brace yourself for impact. However, the ship slows to a stop and, more strangely, you see a quad-rotor transport take off from your own ship.

Wait for it to approach, command it to stop before landing.

The object draws nearer, turning out to be some sort of airship of a design you've never seen at all before. It largely resembles a cathedral resting atop a number of pontoons floating at cloud level. It begins to slow, stopping at a position about three hundred meters away from the edge of your tower. Then, a single quadcopter takes off from a door at its lower levels and makes its way toward your tower.

Falling heavily Corran raised himself just enough to slam his elbow down into the man beneath hims gut winding him long enough to knock the gun from his hand.

" It's over, surrender if you want to live. "

[6] You elbow the second enemy's gut three times, causing him to shout out in pain and release his weapon without yourself even having to take it from him. Agent Thomas helps you back up.
You can't help but feel that your arms have weakened since your days of training.

- Ahem. What was it that confused you, good sirs? Shall we proceed to original target or... deal with something else first?

"I'm sorry, but we cannot go through with this. We are being watched by one of the Gentleman's agents, you heard him, didn't you? He's trying to convince you to his side. Quick, get in the elevator."
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 11, 2014, 05:37:51 pm »

Kyle nods and pulls out a piece of gum before starting to chew it.
"Anything I'm allowed to know about this Gentleman fella?"

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 11, 2014, 05:39:58 pm »

"Alright. Fine. No tricks, though."

Follow him.

The agent simply nods and checks his watch. He walks inside--and you follow--going straight to the hangar level of the tower near the roof, where there are a number of transport vehicles parked. Some of them belong to people you know. One of the closer ones belongs to your father, as well. The agent looks around and notes the large blast doors which must be activated to leave the hangar.

"We will have to get control tower permission to take off."
"Okay. I don't have any control over that, but alright."

Wait for him to get permission.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 11, 2014, 05:41:33 pm »

It gets even more intriguing! Is my modest persona is really that important?
Get to the elevator. Be nervous.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 11, 2014, 05:41:40 pm »

Looking down Corran briefly yanks his knife free of wherever it ended up in the first victim and calmly wipes the blood off on the surrendered mans shirt.

" Now your going to explain to me why you've tried to kill me then your going to tell me which arrogant prick thought you 3 amateurs would be enough to do it so I can kill him next for the insult.  Or alternatively, I can just slit your throat and leave you to rot with your friends. Think quickly. "

If he doesn't tell me cut his throat, if he does tell me kick him hard between the legs. Then cut his throat.

Amateur.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 11, 2014, 05:45:42 pm »

"The surface? I thought that was just a myth."
Follow the man. He knows where to lead me, I would imagine.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 11, 2014, 07:22:19 pm »

Tell the Heli to stop, and have the leader come down by rope.

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 11, 2014, 11:51:18 pm »

Might as well get on with it.
Climb into the helicopter.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21