Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21

Author Topic: Torn Planet - Prologue  (Read 27361 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Torn Planet - Prologue
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2014, 12:35:01 pm »

Get back down and investigate whatever he thing that fell is. Am I satisfying the conditions of the letter? Fairly certain I said to do that in an earlier post.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2014, 12:37:35 pm »

- I guess I do. Not in person, more like a pen-friend.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2014, 12:41:55 pm »

"Nope all quiet so far. What's going on?
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2014, 01:14:56 pm »

Get my boys on high alert. Ready to fire!

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2014, 03:11:11 pm »

Get back down and investigate whatever he thing that fell is. Am I satisfying the conditions of the letter? Fairly certain I said to do that in an earlier post.

You are currently satisfying the conditions of the letter.

The thing that fell seems to be a top hat of some sort. It seems fairly standard at first, although on closer inspection there is some sort of mechanism inside the flat disc part of the hat.

- I guess I do. Not in person, more like a pen-friend.

"And did he give you that coin?"
The man sounds inquisitive, for now at least.

"Nope all quiet so far. What's going on?

The stranger goes back around the corner. You hear him pulling something along the floor.
"Look at this."
He shows you a person--or body--lying on the floor, wearing an outfit similar to his. The stranger himself is drops an unloaded pistol onto the floor.
"Blasted meddlers. They were probably trying to set up some sort of ambush with that fake call. I'm glad you made it." He extends his arm for a handshake.
"Name's Thomas. Thomas Highmount. I'm here to make sure you get out of here before our enemies find you. I don't know their motives, but they can't be good. Chances are they'd have killed you."

Get my boys on high alert. Ready to fire!

Your gang is mostly equipped with long-barreled railguns and a few semi-automatic coilguns with a shorter effective range, but more firepower. You can also send someone to man the tower's only anti-aircraft gun still left, a relic from old times. You've got a stockpile of explosive rounds that you've never needed to use thanks to a lack of... visits, although you can't replace them.

Your expected firepower against most transportation helicopters should be enough to significantly threaten one if necessary.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2014, 03:13:58 pm »

Go find my work tools and try to pry this thing open.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2014, 03:14:21 pm »

Corran snorts in amusement.

"You mean tried to kill me, lead the way.;
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2014, 03:26:02 pm »

Well, the answer is short.
- Yes.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2014, 04:08:56 pm »

Character ready! I'm sorry I'm late!

Aneita sat on the balcony overlooking the clouds below as she read the letter. She shrugged, having nothing better to do, so she placed the feather in the space between her right ear and her head, and pocketed the coin.

I really hope this isn't another one of those con artists, Aneita thought to herself.

[4: Alertness Check Passed]
You hear someone running up behind you from around a corner. It is an elderly man, wearing a black cloak flaring out in the wind, and a top hat which he takes off as he greets you in a thick accent you've never heard before.
"Greetings, ma'am. I regret to inform you that things are not going as planned. We must find a way to travel, and for that, we must commandeer a vehicle. You may follow me."
Aneita observed the man for a few seconds before hesitating. "What's this for, and what's for me?"

((That version of a handgun would be fine.))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2014, 04:52:51 pm »

Kyle decides to take his now packed bags to the meeting spot to wait for the gentleman's people.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2014, 06:37:21 pm »

Man the Anti-aircraft myself. Wait for him to come closer.

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2014, 07:16:18 pm »

Well then I guess I better go and organise a crew of people to help maintain the solar arrays when I leave.
Climb to the top of the tower.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2014, 08:14:45 pm »

Tallis walks over to the map checking this new destination.
"fancy that it isn't just old an old sea dog tale."
Tallis gently starts to hum a sea shanty to herself as she flips on the Ravens radar and plots a course to Rapture. The ship gently groans as the engines hum back to life and start up.
Come on old dog lets go see what kind of trouble we can stir up now."
Did you miss this turn Zero?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2014, 08:31:19 pm »

Well, the answer is short.
- Yes.

Then I'm afraid you've been deceived. The Gentleman has a dream, but it is one that will plunge the world into chaos. Come with us, we will show you.

Corran snorts in amusement.

"You mean tried to kill me, lead the way.;

"Excellent."

You follow Thomas to the staircase, where you hear hurried footsteps standing out from all the other background noise. It sounded like a group of people were running down the hallway below.

"There might be more, I'd suggest we either hide or wait for them. Do you have a weapon?" he whispers.

Go find my work tools and try to pry this thing open.

[1] Inside your shack, you take out some of your tools and attempt to pry the underside of the casing off with a screwdriver and pliers. The casing comes off, but so do the spring loaded razors inside, now without anything to keep them from flying out along with other components.

Aneita observed the man for a few seconds before hesitating. "What's this for, and what's for me?"

"Our leader has a plan that will benefit the world, and allow both Skylanders and Ocean Dwellers to live in harmony. For this task, you have been chosen to help us, should you accept. I have not been told what the Gentleman's first mission for you and the others was, but if you succeed, you will most assuredly help make the world a better place through your actions."

Kyle decides to take his now packed bags to the meeting spot to wait for the gentleman's people.

((Bags containing?))

Well then I guess I better go and organise a crew of people to help maintain the solar arrays when I leave.
Climb to the top of the tower.

After briefing the rest of the beam handlers about your absence, you leave the best of the best to do their thing and go off to climb the solar array as you were instructed.

You happen to spot a person at the top of the solar array before you begin your ascent, looking down at the roof of the skytower. As you search for a ladder, though, he starts to rappel down again in the direction opposite of you.

Tallis walks over to the map checking this new destination.
"fancy that it isn't just old an old sea dog tale."
Tallis gently starts to hum a sea shanty to herself as she flips on the Ravens radar and plots a course to Rapture. The ship gently groans as the engines hum back to life and start up.
Come on old dog lets go see what kind of trouble we can stir up now."
Did you miss this turn Zero?

The idea is to get everyone on their transports before we continue with major plot elements.

I didn't miss it, it's just that I have something planned for Rapture.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 08:32:56 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2014, 08:35:07 pm »

Hmm, that's strange. I better check on the bridge.

Rush over to the control room and try to take control of the ship. Look for malfunctions.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21