Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21

Author Topic: Torn Planet - Prologue  (Read 27318 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Torn Planet - Prologue
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2014, 11:36:11 pm »

Kyle nods before walking off to pack a bag of clothes and also leave a note to his brother recommending someone to teach him in his stead.

"Excellent, I shall now go prepare the way."

Your family seems to have gone off somewhere. When you arrive at your home, you make your way to your brother's quarters and find a stack of open textbooks scattered all over his work desk.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2014, 11:37:11 pm »

Just leave the note I suppose. But first take a quick look at the books.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2014, 11:41:50 pm »

(That was supposed to be a letter by the way)

Relax

You write your response on a sheet of paper, along with a crude drawing of a feather and a yellow circle. You then fold it into the form of a plane and send it flying off in the wind. It twists and turns as the wind carries it to the west, losing no altitude as it disappears from sight.

Just leave the note I suppose. But first take a quick look at the books.

You recognize a few of them as your own. There are a number of additional books that discuss various computer manufacturing processes. You happen to know a woman named Julia Ferris who manages a local foundry. She works for a larger company called Highland Technologies Inc., which designs military-grade computers and software.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 11:44:58 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2014, 11:43:20 pm »

Well then. Time to get packed up and going to meet the gentleman.

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2014, 11:43:44 pm »

Fine, I'll see this Gentleman, but if his offer isn't befitting one of my standard I expect compensation for my time.
Go with the men.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2014, 11:47:42 pm »

(Yes, I'm tossing the coin.)
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

mentallama

• Bay Watcher
  • I need a bigger weapon
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2014, 11:51:20 pm »

Tallis walks over to the map checking this new destination.
"fancy that it isn't just old an old sea dog tale."
Tallis gently starts to hum a sea shanty to herself as she flips on the Ravens radar and plots a course to Rapture. The ship gently groans as the engines hum back to life and start up.
Come on old dog lets go see what kind of trouble we can stir up now."
War is not about who is right but who is left.
-unknown

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2014, 12:24:35 am »

Fine, I'll see this Gentleman, but if his offer isn't befitting one of my standard I expect compensation for my time.
Go with the men.

"Excellent."
The speaker signals for his cronies to back down and leave the room.
"Your standard," he says, looking down at you in the eye.
"I'm afraid I won't be of much use if a fitting reward is what you are after. But I can say that the same offer has been brought up to individuals across the whole world, both above and below."

(Yes, I'm tossing the coin.)

The looker does a double-take as he notices the the coin you are tossing.
"Excuse me," he yells, making his way closer to you.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 12:26:28 am by _DivideByZero_ »

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2014, 01:02:56 am »

Wait for a response. Do a little happy dance with my people

"I feel a storm coming, and it seems related with that letter. Well, today is a day of celebration. Let's party!"

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2014, 01:27:57 am »

Corran shrugs and rolls his shoulders lightly before knocking on the door and waiting to be let in.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2014, 01:39:34 am »

Climb up to the ledge.

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2014, 01:46:36 am »

Get on with the offer then, my time is bloody precious, and I can't exactly spend it dallying around. The solar arrays won't repair themselves.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2014, 02:11:32 am »

Nathom simply nods, studying the men thoughtfully as he made to follow them.
He was curious, of course, but everything he'd read about people employing such secrecy lead him to believe asking any questions would be futile. He supposed he'd wait for some sort of mission briefing.

>Nod, follow them wordlessly. Study them, what do they look like? Are their voices notably different to what's normal here?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2014, 04:06:40 am »

People in top hats do not attract any attention in Rapture. People in top hats addressing me directly right after a strange letter signed by someone who calls himself Gentleman is something deserving attention.
Turn back to person and wait him to approach, continue tossing the coin standing at my place.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2014, 12:31:37 pm »

People in top hats do not attract any attention in Rapture. People in top hats addressing me directly right after a strange letter signed by someone who calls himself Gentleman is something deserving attention.
Turn back to person and wait him to approach, continue tossing the coin standing at my place.

"Uh, hey, excuse me,"
The stranger makes his way closer.
"You know the Gentleman?"

Nathom simply nods, studying the men thoughtfully as he made to follow them.
He was curious, of course, but everything he'd read about people employing such secrecy lead him to believe asking any questions would be futile. He supposed he'd wait for some sort of mission briefing.

>Nod, follow them wordlessly. Study them, what do they look like? Are their voices notably different to what's normal here?

They have an accent which is quite rare around here, but you've heard it. Mainly from outsiders.
All three are about the same height and have similar voices to each other. They also walk in close formation, going to far as to press against each other as they walk. They have this strange, synchronized walking pattern that makes you nervous.

"We have a shuttle in the docking bay."
"We will meet with the others."
"You're welcome to find a seat."

Get on with the offer then, my time is bloody precious, and I can't exactly spend it dallying around. The solar arrays won't repair themselves.

"You may perform your duties if you wish. You may go and stand on the highest point on the tower when you are ready, and we shall come to you."

Climb up to the ledge.

The wind blows harder than ever. You struggle to lift yourself over the edge, and in the time it took for you to climb the ladder, whatever made the sound from before is already gone. Then you notice something black and cylindrical roll past you and off the edge into your balcony.

You observe the tower's primary solar array and its central mast--reaching up so high in the sky that few maintenance workers have the skill or courage to go up there. The job of keeping the solar arrays working was left to the beam handlers, and for ages the necessity of keeping the power running led society to create a sort of social hierarchy in which beam handlers were at the top of the social ladder, and everyone else had to pull their own weight to be appreciated.
You spot a figure climbing the solar array. Surprisingly, he managed to make it halfway up there despite wearing some sort of cloak that caught the wind and shook violently. Perhaps it wasn't a cloak but rather some kind of tarp that needed to be put over something--you aren't too familiar with solar panel maintenance.

Corran shrugs and rolls his shoulders lightly before knocking on the door and waiting to be let in.

You don't hear any movement in the room after you knock. While listening, however, you hear some sort of dragging behind you. Turning around immediately, you spot a stranger in a gentleman's outfit, complete with top hat and bow-tie.

"Oh boy, you wouldn't believe this! They got here first! Did you run into them at all?" he says to you.

Wait for a response. Do a little happy dance with my people

"I feel a storm coming, and it seems related with that letter. Well, today is a day of celebration. Let's party!"

You go back in and call your gang, and party. As you do so, someone calls out that they see something. You look where they point and, surely enough, you spot a glimmering, moving object. It could be a shuttle, but it seems quite large for one. You attribute this to atmospheric distortion.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21