Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 54

Author Topic: Uskarian Adventures : It's dead, Jim.  (Read 79049 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

Buy the ring, the key, and the goblet.

((monkey paw will probably be an evil wish-granter and the potion will probably turn me into a goat))
((Come now, I'm not piecewise and these aren't nyars boxes. Have some faith in thy local hedge mage.))

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile

"ONWARD!!!!"
ONWARD!!!!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

"Hm. Would you have a map, perhaps? Maps are wonderful! And you presumably don't need the larger ones unless grand strategy is important here!"

"Also, any food? We probably need some, to be honest!"

Ask for a map! And food!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Follow the other two. Maybe I might be able to find my way home.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Uhn. A cursse. I knew it."
Moskar gave out a noise that was part-sigh, part groan of pain. He then tugs his cleaver free and walks back to the road.
"What iss it you hope to gain from thisss... arrangement? Best to clear thiss up now, I should think."

>Walk back to the road, try and remember where I was heading to begin with.
That place with the elves, right? And rising tensions that will hopefully lead to bloodshed (and a need for mercenaries) in the near future...?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : First contact with the elves
« Reply #605 on: June 18, 2014, 05:57:59 pm »

On a road towards the citadel

Buy the ring, the key, and the goblet.

((monkey paw will probably be an evil wish-granter and the potion will probably turn me into a goat))
"Are you sure you don't want the paw or the potion? Great things may happen! probably!

Ah well, I thank you for your patronage. Would you like those gift wrapped?"

The man takes you gold and hands you the artifacts of your choosing

Lost 4750 gold, Gained bottomless goblet, skellington key and portal ring

Inside of the mage lab
Take all the items, then promptly head to the Lab.
You grab the ancient dwarven coin, the strange compass and the bag of gold. After you stow these away, you head straight for the lab. You push open the door and find yourself in a rather large room. There are three tables, each with a cage on top of them. Two of the cages are empty and one of the cages holds a cabbage. A collection of shiny, metal instruments are strewn about the tables, it seems like they were dissection things here.

On the table on the far side of the room you can see two syringes. One holds a blue liquid and one holds a red liquid.

gained ancient dwarven coin, strange compass and 1000gp

In the vegetable kingdom
"Hm. Would you have a map, perhaps? Maps are wonderful! And you presumably don't need the larger ones unless grand strategy is important here!"

"Also, any food? We probably need some, to be honest!"

Ask for a map! And food!

"Hmmm, oh sure. Take this map here. You can grab some of our provisions on your way out. Now if you'll excuse me, we must prepare for the siege."

The man hands you a map and points to a barrel in one of the corners of the room, then promptly heads outside.

Follow the other two. Maybe I might be able to find my way home.
You follow the other two of your group, harboring the hope that you might one day get home. The more logical part of your brain tells you that such hopes are best reserved for times where one does not find themselves in a mystical alternate realm populated by living plants and in the company of a clown and a fallen angel. Your heart, on the other hand, tells you that the reasons your brain put forth are kind of moot, because even if you do get out of here you will be back in Uskaria, where the mist prevents you from coming home.

You lament the fact that not even your organs seem to cut you some slack, and follow angus and Nosegay outside, grabbing a few tangerines from the barrel yourself.

"ONWARD!!!!"
ONWARD!!!!
The three of you all grab some tangerines from the barrel in the corner of the room and head outside, following the road from the west gate. The journey is uneventful, for the most part. The three of you decide to eat a tangerine, but come to a rather curious discovery. Though it seems like a normal tangerine on the outside, the insides are a deep brown colour. Biting into it, it tastes exactly like dirt, though it has the same consistency as normal tangerines.

Sir Potato must be a really slow walker, because four hours after you've left the village you arrive at a great walled city. Two gateguards stop you, pointing their spears at you.

"Halt, who goes there?!"

On a road heading west
"Uhn. A cursse. I knew it."
Moskar gave out a noise that was part-sigh, part groan of pain. He then tugs his cleaver free and walks back to the road.
"What iss it you hope to gain from thisss... arrangement? Best to clear thiss up now, I should think."

>Walk back to the road, try and remember where I was heading to begin with.
That place with the elves, right? And rising tensions that will hopefully lead to bloodshed (and a need for mercenaries) in the near future...?
"You've got the wrong idea here, scaly. It's not so much a curse as it is the mechanism by which the armour works. The enchantment draws power from your mental state, as I've explained, since it has to get its power from somewhere.

As for what I hope to gain, well, nothing really. I'm not actually part of the armour, you see, though I like to act like I am. There were more of my kind when the armour was still whole, but it seems I was the only one that survived it getting destroyed on your little fight back there. I'm actually from a charming little place called Istar. It's a long story as to how I got into this here armour, but I won't bore you with the details, you don't seem like someone who takes a great interest in history anyway."

You continue your way west, you arm still hurting like all kinds of hell. You pass through some rather thick forest, the trees are so high your neck hurts if you try to look at their tops. Eventually, you come across a small city. Elves can be seen working on the farms on the outskirts. They all wear simple clothes, and some sort of leather collar. Inside of the city you see more of these collared, simple clothed elves, but you also see elves without the collar. People seem to look at you quite wearily, and you feel as if the guards are keeping a watchful eye on you underneath their shiny, winged elven helmets.

Taking a quick look around, it seems that this city is quite similar to Belgrad in most ways. It lacks the rich quarter, the church and the mage tower, not to mention the magical giant marketplace. It does have a great big mushroom, twice is big as the next highest building in the city, standing in the middle of the city. You can also hear shouting and raised voices coming from the market square.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 18, 2014, 06:16:59 pm »

Thank him. Continue the trek to the Citadel.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: June 18, 2014, 07:34:36 pm »

"I'm Angus. I still don't know these guy's names nor do I care. We request entry to the city."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: June 18, 2014, 09:01:47 pm »

I'm Seanna. I apologise in advance for anything the clown says or does.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 18, 2014, 09:05:11 pm »

"Know anything about thisss place?" Moskar asks, his reptilian eyes scanning the city and its people as he walks, glaring at any elves who get too close. 'And,' he thought, forming clear words in his head, 'You can hear my thoughts, correct? I imagine talking to mid-air would gain me some strange looks.'

Not that he cared overmuch about strange looks- but he didn't want to cause too much trouble here until he'd rested and hopefully had the remnants of his arm tended to. And besides, what use was causing trouble without being paid for it? He headed towards the center of the city, eyeing the strange buildings on display for any signs of what purpose they served.

>Speak to the voice in my armour, and walk towards the city center looking for some sort of doctor or apothecary.
If I can't find any such thing on my own, grab a nearby elf and ask them,
"Healer. Where iss the healer in this place?"
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 18, 2014, 09:33:10 pm »

Take the syringes. Poke cabbage with sword, see if it reacts. Then head to greenhouse, carefully opening the door...
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: June 19, 2014, 02:38:04 am »

"And I'm Nosegay the Clown, now unfairly maligned in more than one realm with that remark! As our distant acquaintance has said, we request entry into this glorious city! Travelers we are, and we have gone down a great many difficult paths to reach this place!"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 19, 2014, 02:46:18 pm »

On the way to the citadel
Thank him. Continue the trek to the Citadel.
You thank the man and continue your treck to the citadel. Soon enough you arrive at the massive wall that surrounds this fortress city. You show the documents you won from the contest to the gateguards and they direct you to the central command building. You make your way to the war room, passing by the imperial soldiers in their impressive armours and the many clerks holding scrolls and documents. You enter the war room to see that there are 4 people present. There is a stocky dwarf with lots of scars, a Very beautiful woman in expensive looking robes, a Tall man in shiny armour with brilliant amber eyes and a short, pale woman standing in the corner, staring into the distance and slightly drooling on herself. The man in the shiny armour is the first to adress you, as he looks over the reccomendation.

"Well well well, looks like we have another promising upstart here. I'm not entirely sure how well of a soldier someone who won a music contest will make, but right now i'll take every able body I can get. So tell me, Lord of Metal, what kind of Job would you like? There's certainly enough to go around."

Just outside of the vegetable kingdom's capital
"I'm Angus. I still don't know these guy's names nor do I care. We request entry to the city."
I'm Seanna. I apologise in advance for anything the clown says or does.
"And I'm Nosegay the Clown, now unfairly maligned in more than one realm with that remark! As our distant acquaintance has said, we request entry into this glorious city! Travelers we are, and we have gone down a great many difficult paths to reach this place!"
As the three of you say your respective piece to the guards, they lower their spears and look at eachother.

"Uh, you reckon these are spies?"
"Nah, they don't look like any fruits I've ever seen. Must be some Federation tourists, then."
"All right then you lot, you can enter. But don't start any shenanigans in here! Us guard will have our eyes on you!"

You enter thorugh the gates and before you lies the capital of the vegetable kingdom. Small shops and restaurants line the narrow streets and you can see the king's palace standing high above any other building in the city. As you enter the main square of the city and take a rest on one of the benches around a rather impressive fountain, the clocktower rings 9 o' clock in the evening.

In a lab in a forest
Take the syringes. Poke cabbage with sword, see if it reacts. Then head to greenhouse, carefully opening the door...
You head over to the far side of the room and grab the two syringes. heading back, you stop at the cage holding the cabbage and unsheate your blade. You stick the blade through the bars and poke the cabbage. It lets out a rather high pitched squeel and shuffles into the corner opposite from where you are standing. It doesn't seem aggressive, but rather scared and somewhat dehydrated from the looks of its leaves.

You leave the cabbage alone and head back into the hallway. You very carefully open the door to the greenhouse, peeking through the narrow gap to see if any rogue vegetables want to eat your face. Instead, you are greeted with several rows of planted vegetables who seem to be of the non-sentient, non-violent kind. You enter the greenhouse, making sure to keep the door open for a quick getaway. Gardening tools rest against the wall to your right. You get a bit closer to a cabbage, poking it with your sword. It seems interely normal, except for one thing: it is absolutely massive. The cabbage is easily as big as a large german shepardand the tomatoes to your right are as big as bowling balls.

In an elven town.
"Know anything about thisss place?" Moskar asks, his reptilian eyes scanning the city and its people as he walks, glaring at any elves who get too close. 'And,' he thought, forming clear words in his head, 'You can hear my thoughts, correct? I imagine talking to mid-air would gain me some strange looks.'

Not that he cared overmuch about strange looks- but he didn't want to cause too much trouble here until he'd rested and hopefully had the remnants of his arm tended to. And besides, what use was causing trouble without being paid for it? He headed towards the center of the city, eyeing the strange buildings on display for any signs of what purpose they served.

>Speak to the voice in my armour, and walk towards the city center looking for some sort of doctor or apothecary.
If I can't find any such thing on my own, grab a nearby elf and ask them,
"Healer. Where iss the healer in this place?"
"Hmm? Oh yeah, I can hear your thoughts just fine. And I don't know about this place in particular, but all elven cities are largely the same. The elder, often a druid, lives in the central building. Usually a tree or something, they love their organic structures. The guard barracks are close by to that. There's usually a market place and a few streets with permanent shops and other service like businisses. So you might want to start there if you're looking for a healer. Then you've got the residential area around that and the farmgrounds on the very outskirts of the city. They're very big on tradition, elves, so apart from a few minor differences that's how the town will probably look."

You head to a large street lined will all kinds of little shops, the humdrum of shoppers and the sounds of shouting from the market filling the air. You finally spot a a shop with a sign depicting some leaves and bandages and decide that this must be an apothecary. You enter the shop to find a human behind the counter. The man has a head that has been badly shaven bald and is wearing an iron collar. As he sees your arm, he motions for you to wait and goes to the back. After a few minutes, an elegant elven woman comes into the shop. She speaks something in elven and the human speaks after she is finished, his head bowed and his eyes firmly fixed on the floor.

"The lady Irisviel asks what your business is in her shop, lizardfolk."

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : Oversized vegetables and apothecaries
« Reply #613 on: June 19, 2014, 02:48:48 pm »

"Well, I am a master blacksmith, but I also have this here guitar, which as far as I know allows me to bend reality to my will. Anything you would recommend?"
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
Re: Uskarian Adventures : Oversized vegetables and apothecaries
« Reply #614 on: June 19, 2014, 02:49:53 pm »

Start digging my way underground.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 54