Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 67

Author Topic: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 3.  (Read 52481 times)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
Re: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 2.
« Reply #555 on: May 12, 2014, 03:59:27 pm »

"The idea is noble, I suppose, but I don't believe it'd ever work. It's most certainly not worth the risk to the city."

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: May 12, 2014, 04:30:18 pm »

"How much would you buy one of these swords for, Mr Garry? Would you care to identify this dagger and these circlets I also possess? You will understand, I hope, if we do not make an immediate decision on these purchases?"
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 04:31:55 pm by lawastooshort »

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: May 12, 2014, 07:02:11 pm »

Ask for a snack. Pay for it. Eat it. Get up on stage and play, but make sure the last song I play is Olidammara's Blessing of the Night. Wink at nice cloak when I play it.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: May 12, 2014, 07:09:27 pm »

Gregory grunts and hoists the unconscious thug over one shoulder.

"Did you fancy the exercise?"

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: May 12, 2014, 11:03:36 pm »

Joes Arlandt:
"Well, we are going to try. We have great confidence in our security measures. To be honest, I was hoping that you, as a Psion, would understand where we were coming from, trying to reclaim the good name of psionics."

Edgrick Browne and Cade Thorngage:
"Ah, yes, of course, of course. Please, give them to me. Let's see, this is a Circlet of Mental Protection. It is like a lesser version of a Mask of Mental Armor. This is a dagger of Psychic Freedom."

Alaris Valentis:
(Preform: 14) After about fifteen minutes, people start to leave, clearly disappointed by your performance. They must have heard stories of the previous ones, and come for a repeat. Nice cloak and Nicer cloak have a quiet conversation. It looks like Nice cloak wants to go, but Nicer cloak wants to stay. Nice cloak seems to be winning, so you begin to play Olidammara's Blessing of the Night, and wink at Nice cloak. Nicer cloak notices the wink, and becomes quietly enraged, and storms out, Nice cloak in tow. Judging from the sound of it, she is just giving it to him as they walk home. Most people turn back to their drinks or leave. Your collection bag is pitifully empty, with only a silver and a half in coppers.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #560 on: May 12, 2014, 11:45:58 pm »

"Sure, I think it's a nice idea, but I don't think you'll have much success going about it this way. What security measures are you referring to?"

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: May 13, 2014, 01:33:57 am »

"Mqny thanks, Mr Garry. Now, it seems to me that 800 gold, paid immediately, would be a fair price for a half vial and the services rendered? What do you say? We will be back later, rest assured, and may return to sell one or more of these items once we have discussed with our colleagues."

Equip a Circlet!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 13, 2014, 02:46:35 pm »

Joes Arlandt:
"We have wards on the one entrance and exit, it's under armed guard, and we have some... surprises in case of and outbreak. That, and we have powerful wizards on call."

"Yes, of course! That would do quite nicely! Thank you for your business, gentlemen! Do come again soon!" He reaches under the counter, giving Cade a vial of ink.

You fix the circlet around your brow, and feel... not in any way different. Huh.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #563 on: May 13, 2014, 02:52:52 pm »

"But what do you have to prevent them from dominating you? You'll need something more immediate than having wizards on call. And the armed guards might work against you. If they got dominated, you'll be in trouble."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: May 13, 2014, 03:06:45 pm »

"Say, do you know if you need to have any arcane knowledge for these circlets to... work? And, last question before we leave for now - how much would you buy such a short sword for, round here?"

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 13, 2014, 03:26:13 pm »

Joes Arlandt:
"They cannot dominate you if they cannot touch your skin, which is why we have suits of full plate that we can lock to ensure they are unable to come into contact with our workers."

"No, they should work passively. I'd take a sword like that off your hands for 1,500, normally, but I'd give you 2,000. But only 'cause I like you."
(Knowledge Psionics: 17, Knowledge Local: 19) You could definitely get a better price from a Mount of Psion Hunters, who covet weapons like this.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 13, 2014, 04:12:45 pm »

"Okay, well - I'm going to keep a hold of it for now, but might well be back another time. Thank you for the trading and the information, Mr Garry."

Head back to the inn and see if we can find our bard friend. Also, Gather Information (+10) check, spending up to 50GP on drinks and food and anything else necessary to find out about any problems with psions, mind controllers, or particularly hunters of the above. How would I get in touch with such a group (the psion hunters?)? What do I know about psions?

Then if we get the chance, eat and then rest till evening and our scrying meeting.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 03:51:24 am by lawastooshort »

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #567 on: May 13, 2014, 05:00:05 pm »

"They can still manipulate people without touching them. You'll need some form of mental protection to guard against that."

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 13, 2014, 08:19:13 pm »

Must've been the snack. Note to self: never eat before a performance.
Shadow the couple again, try to eavesdrop.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: May 13, 2014, 08:35:08 pm »

Gregory grunts and hoists the unconscious thug over one shoulder.

"Did you fancy the exercise?"

"I'd rather have avoided fighting, if it had been a possibility."
She grabs the dead man by the boots and begins dragging him out the door, leaving a bloody mess behind as she goes. "Apologies for the inconvenience, tavern-keeper. I'm sure the Church Coalition can reimburse you for the cost of cleaning this up."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 67