Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 67

Author Topic: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 3.  (Read 52500 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 2.
« Reply #540 on: May 11, 2014, 01:07:00 am »

Agree to the time of the meeting then head back to my room to get a good night's sleep. Then help my buddy go find the right kind of ink I need to write spells with.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: May 11, 2014, 09:21:28 pm »

((Sorry this is late. Prom was last night, and I fell asleep while writing the turn. And then today was not productive.))

Joes Arlandt:
In the Stained Brick, you pen a letter to the council. It should arrive a few days before the first shipment. After, you make your way to the rendezvous location. There, a kobold lets you into a heavily locked warehouse.
Inside, there is a large pile of small balls. As you shine the light of a torch on them, their nature is revealed. (K:P: 21) These are Puppeteer eggs, psionic creatures that can bend others to their will.
The kobold, who is leaning against the wall speaks for the time. "Can ya talk to them?"

Edgrick Browne and Cade Thorngage:
(SM: 21) These two are likely too difficult for you to take in a fight, two on two. They are definitely more skilled and experienced.
Near main street, in the shadow of stone tower, you find a shop specializing in mage supplies called Garry's Grand Arcane Equipment. The counter is manned by a balding human, probably in his late forties.
As you approach, he smiles broadly as you approach. “Welcome, good sirs, to Garry’s Grand Arcane Equipment! What can I do for you?”

Celles Gartens and Gregory Guy:
Attack rolls: 16 30 (Crit confirmed) 13 10
Trip: 28 vs. 9
Damage:  12, 23, 0, 0.
Greghir bites the man’s leg, and a sickening snapping sound can be heard. He falls to the floor with a scream of pain, and Kemik bites down hard on his head, skull crunching beneath the hound’s massive jaw.
The two thugs still at the table run out door. With them gone, Gregory bears down on the last Big Thug, who is wearing the plate, pummeling him with his fists (28 > AC, 18 damage). He responds by drawing his sword and stabbing Gregory for 4 damage.
Code: [Select]
|-----------------------|
|----gGB----------------|
|-++C---------T------++-|
|-++-k---------------++-|
|-----------------------|
___________||___________

Alaris Valentis:
(GI: 22 > DC)
An officer overhears you discuss the black teeth and tongue, and his face grows pale. “That sounds like the Palkon family. If they’re in Kalgena, then we have a serious problem. I was in Tomann when they were on the rise. Their guys would be running around with horns one day and then have a shadow at high noon. I think they were said to have consorted with demons or something, gaining supernatural powers. I don’t envy anyone in this town.”

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: May 11, 2014, 11:08:20 pm »

"Well, I don't really know about supernatural powers, but they seem to use a lot of alchemy. You said you've dealt with them in another city?"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 11, 2014, 11:48:03 pm »

"Hello! I'm in the market for the ink used to write spells in books and scrolls. How much can I get and for what cost?"

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #544 on: May 12, 2014, 12:55:20 am »

"Yes, but there's not much point. They can't be reasoned with or persuaded, and they're not good for much of anything anyway. I suggest you burn the batch immediately." I also prepare myself to use Resilience if anything so much as sneezes at me, and to use Amethyst Burst on the batch if any of them look like they're about to hatch.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 01:02:33 am by Angle »

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: May 12, 2014, 01:09:44 am »

Alaris Valentis:
"Yes. Back in Tomann, they tried to take over the capital, Tomann City, during what was called the Egg Revolution. It started with them buying out or bullying out a few farmers, and then, overnight, they controlled the entire egg supply of the city. Prices went through the roof, causing a domino effect throughout the kingdom. The king mounted a resistance, which I took part in. The capital was quickly was thrown into anarchy, as both sides struggled for control. We eventually routed them after we slew the patriarch, Ton Palkon. They were thought to all be dead, but it seems that a few escaped. Alchemy isn't that uncommon in this town, what with all the vitriol research. Selling smokebombs and smoke powder is a good way to finance their studies. I wouldn't read into it too much."

Cade Thorngage and Edgrick Browne:
"Ah, yes, I sell ink like that for 1,250 gold per vial. One vial is enough for ten pages, friends, and I do sell half and tenth vials."
That is obviously an unreasonable price hike, and everyone here knows it.

Joes Arlandt:
"You sssure? The bosss isss willing to pay quite a bit if you try." The kobold comes around and puts his hand on your upper back. "Look, thessse are what we call asssetsss. If Redmountain burnsss thesse, it will be on hisss funeral pyre."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: May 12, 2014, 01:10:43 am »

"What my colleague means to say, Mr Garry, is that he is a wizard of both means and power, and that we are looking to install ourselves in Kalgena to make it our base of operations for the foreseeable future. I wonder, perhaps if it might be in our mutual interests to come to a sound business agreement with regard to our repeated purchases from you? That is to say, for example, perhaps a discount to show your good will, as I believe we may soon end up spending many thousands of gold with you..."

Diplomacy check him at +13

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 12, 2014, 01:19:44 am »

(25) The old man's face changes into a welcoming smile at the word 'thousands'.
"Ah, of course! I should have seen right away! Welcome to our city, gentlemen! Now, forgive me for the price I quoted earlier, I thought you two were naught but small timers, but now I can see that I am dealing with a wizard of true skill. Let me counter my previous offer with 1100 gold a vial."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 12, 2014, 01:31:24 am »

"Tell me, Mr Garry, before we go further, do you have any skill in identifying enchanted items? Do you buy, as well as sell?"

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #549 on: May 12, 2014, 01:59:23 am »

"No, those are not assets. Those are liabilities just waiting to take a big chunk out of your profits, and quite possibly your flesh. Go fetch redcloak, I need to speak for him."

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: May 12, 2014, 11:54:57 am »

"Some. If you decide to sell me then later, I will reimburse you for the Identify."
 You hand him a sword and he retrieves a mixture from the back, which he pours over the sword. "Identify!" He hands back the sword. "It is dualy enchanted with Psychic Freedom and Psionic Bane. It lets the wielded attack freely, even when their actions are affected by Psionic interference."

Joes Arlandt:
The kobold makes a noncommittal noise and leaves to fetch Redmountain. The dwarf comes back grim faced.
"The eggs are staying. We were hoping that you might help us reform them."

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: May 12, 2014, 12:31:52 pm »

Alaris writes vitriol in her notebook, underlined several times. "I need to go get more information. I'll report back if I find anything else out."
Head back to the Stained Brick. Drink a little wine and see if the cloaks show up again.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: May 12, 2014, 01:34:34 pm »

Full attack.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #553 on: May 12, 2014, 01:46:56 pm »

"Reform them? What do you mean by that?"

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: May 12, 2014, 03:47:59 pm »

Alaris Valentis:
The officer looks over your shoulder at your notes. "Vitriol? That's another name for the white stone. No? The Philosopher's Stone? The Elixir of Life? Capable of turning lead to gold?"
After you show recognition, you leave for the Stained Brick. It seems that the clientele is a whole grade nicer than yesterday. These new patrons seem to keep glancing at the stage, waiting for something. Nice cloak returns, this time with another person in an even nicer cloak. When they pull back their hoods, it is revealed that Nicer cloak is the woman who you saved earlier. They order a nice meal, and once they finish, they join the crowd, staring expectantly at the stage.

Gregory Guy:
(28>AC, 13<AC) (27 damage)
((I'm assuming that your going with non-lethal damage here.))
With a well placed upper cut, Gregory knocks the man out. He falls to the floor with a heavy clang.

Joes Arlandt:
"They cannot help who they were born to be, or what roles history has assigned them. I want to give them a chance to redeem themselves and create a new life for their offspring. It's time to give them a second chance, wouldn't you agree?"
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 67