Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 67

Author Topic: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 3.  (Read 52477 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 2.
« Reply #570 on: May 14, 2014, 01:20:36 am »

"Excellent. Nice doing business with you then."

Cade equips a circlet and pays 600 of the gold. Keep company with my rogue buddy and check up on our bard friend too.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: May 15, 2014, 01:47:46 am »

Edgrick Browne and Cade Thorngage:
(GI: 1+10) CRITICAL FAILURE!
(K:Psionics: 19) (Psion hunters)
(K:P: 5) (Psions and the like)
You drink a bit too much while “gathering information”, and spend all of that 50 gp, while not learning anything.
However, you do remember in a flash of insight about the Psion Hunters. They are an elite band of warriors who train both under Witch Hunters and Illithid Slayers, combat styles devoted to fighting those who mess with the fabric of the universe, either arcanally or psionically. They take the skills they learn from both disciplines and apply it to a psion inquisition of sorts. They travel around, hunting their prey of choice. You will never know when they will be in town.
You speak to the bartender at the Stained Brick about Alaris’s whereabouts, as you saw her play here. He says that she just went out for a break a few minutes ago, but should be back in a few minutes. He points you to her room, outside of which you wait for her return. She arrives after about fifteen minutes.

Joes Arlandt:
((Sorry this is so short!))
Redmountain huffs indignantly. “I don’t know where you are getting your information, but it is wrong. They cannot enthrall their victims without a physical contact.”

Alaris Valentis:
(Hide: 21 > Spot)
You announce that you are going to take a break, but no one as much as bats an eye. You step out the back and follow the couple by the sound of their voices. When you get close enough to hear, Nicer cloak is giving her companion it.
“... ould I believe you, huh? Give me one reason I should believe you! Just one!”
Nice cloak says nothing for a moment, and then quietly says something. “Believe me because I love you.”
“Oh, don’t give me that! If you loved me, I wouldn’t wake up with one of your uncle’s men lying unconscious next to me!”
“Emilia, you know I’ll have the money within the week!”
“Oh, and how are you planning on getting that money? Was she in on it?!” With that, Nicer cloak vigorously gestures behind her, back towards the tavern.
“No, darling, but she obviously suspects that something is up.”
“Gods damn it! You were never good at larceny!” They walk in silence for a minute. Nicer cloak speaks up again.
“Kasandra invited me over for tea tomorrow. Don’t expect me home until late.”
Nice cloak sighs, defeated. “Yes dear.”
They finish the journey in silence, so you return to your room. Outside, your traveling companion, Edgrick and Cade are waiting.

Celles Gartens and Gregory Guy:
You drop off your prisoner and corpse at the local Patrol Station, both of which are whisked away from you in a flurry of paperwork. Without much to do, you make your way to the HQ to speak with the Commissioner. You are shown in as soon as you walk through the door. In her office, Captain Trewal is sitting in one of her chairs, casting glares at the Commissioner. She stands to greet you, shaking hands with the both of you.
“Please sit.” When you do, she slams a dagger onto her desk, leaving it slightly vibrating.
“This morning, an assassination attempt was made upon my life by a Coalition Officer. When I subdued him, I discovered that he was being controlled by a Puppeteer. Seven of my captains were also similarly attacked, with no casualties except for the attackers, and light bruising.
“These creatures have declared war on the Church Coalition. The Council has given me the authority to form a new task group, which is in effect as of now. It is named the Anti-Puppeteer Defense Force, or APDF. I want you two to lead it up.
“Captain Trewal has his doubts about you leading this Force, as he thinks that you fly in the face of our rules, the very foundation of our organization. That is a chance I willing to take. We need someone to curb this infestation before it can grow.
“Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to end the threat of Puppeteer dominion from Kalgena. You will be provided with the resources we can supply, which are as of now an office space and a budget to employ five officers. It’s not much, but we feel confident that you once you get some victories, I can petition the council to raise your funding.”

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: May 15, 2014, 12:32:07 pm »

"So... Long time, no see. I assume you need something, or you've drank too much... or both."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: May 15, 2014, 12:41:30 pm »

"Good lords no, no drinking on the job for me, unless drinking is the job, which I suppose in this case it was, though it is no longer, so I should probably find some coffee. You found regular work since we arrived?"

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #574 on: May 15, 2014, 04:59:00 pm »

They can still use their other psionic abilities to manipulate your minds- say, to make you take off the armor and pick them up.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: May 15, 2014, 08:08:19 pm »

Gartens is, at first, taken aback. What had she done to disregard the rules? And for that matter, why had Gregory? He was a monk, wasn't he? Weren't they supposed to be all about rules or discipline or something like that? But she didn't let it show. That would be disrespectful. Instead, she spoke for the two of them, hoping the giant wouldn't put his oversized foot in his even more oversized mouth.

"We thank you for the offer and humbly accept it. However, I must respectfully disagree as to the chances of our funding increasing. You know how bureaucrats are, and they're as apt to think that we don't need more funds because we're winning as they are to believe us worthy of investment." She smiled as she spoke, hoping to ease some amount of the tension obviously present.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: May 15, 2014, 08:17:26 pm »

Gregory grimaced slightly. He had expected this to happen soon enough.
"Finally time to take action, then? Well, I of course accept; this is what I was trying to do all along, after all. When can we start?"

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: May 19, 2014, 06:36:22 pm »

((I am a dirty, dirty liar about my updating schedule.))

Joes Arlandt:
“That is why we lock the armor, have our workers go through a decontamination process, and then they are let out. I said that we lock the armour, right?” He looks to the kobold leaning against the wall, who nods.

Celles Gartens and Gregory Guy:
The commissioner chuckles at Gartens’ words. “They’ve already promised funding on success, so that worry is banished.”
She turns to Guy, and her smile takes on a less sincere tone. “There is a system for a reason, Constable. I recommend you let the bureaucrats have their fun before they have their fun with you.”
“Either way, you are in charge of the APDF as of now. We have prepared a list of potential candidates for you to add to your squad. They have all had some form of contact with the Puppeteers.”
She pushes a paper across her desk to you, and stands up, walking around her desk to you, motioning for you two to stand. When she pulls some cloth from a pocket, Trewal stands at attention, with a frown on his face.
“Permission to be dismissed.”
The Commissioner waves him away. “Permission granted.” Trewal stiffly. but quickly leaves.
She hands you a piece of cloth, with three stripes on it. “Congratulations are in order, Sergeants.”

Alaris Valentis, Edgrick Browne and Cade Thorngage:
There is something of an awkward silence while Edgrick and Cade wait for Alaris to respond. Cade coughs.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: May 19, 2014, 06:58:45 pm »

"My...thanks. It is unfortunate that such a task force is necessary at all, however. May I request knowledge of the finances available to us, then?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: May 19, 2014, 07:03:27 pm »

((Sorry, I didn't notice anyone had posted since my last post.))
"Not exactly... I do have an investigation of sorts going on, but I'm not exactly swimming in leads at the moment."

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #580 on: May 19, 2014, 09:14:45 pm »

Sigh and nod. "So you did. Very well then, I will help you in your endeavor. I still believe it to be obscenely risky, however. I would also like to suggest that you step up your external security, in addition. There are so many ways that this can go wrong..." Grill him on the rest of his plan. How does he expect to convince the creatures to change their natures? What does he expect to do with them if he succeeds? Etc, etc, etc.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: May 20, 2014, 04:00:34 am »

"An investigation? For whom, if you don't mind my asking?"

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: May 21, 2014, 02:47:23 pm »

"The Coalition has made me an honorary officer of the law." Alaris flashes her shiny new badge, "Not that I plan on sticking around with them; stable employment isn't my thing, and I usually don't mesh well with the law, anyway. The badge does come in handy, though."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: May 23, 2014, 06:58:28 am »

"So you might not be interested in a task that is... only technically legal? You know though, it is at least technically legal, according to my understanding of the term."

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: May 23, 2014, 05:24:40 pm »

"Depends. Is this a favor, or a job? Because usually favors don't pay as well."
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 67