Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 67

Author Topic: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 3.  (Read 52511 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: The Filth of Kalgena: IC Thread. Chapter 2.
« Reply #525 on: May 09, 2014, 04:04:56 am »

”Well… I have around 400 gold pieces that I could… invest,” Edgrick whispers, ”I had an offer the other evening for someone to perform a scrying of some sorts. Perhaps that together with any spare money we may have would provide enough for your ink? If you believe it would be worth the enquiry then we should leave soon, as they wanted to meet us late at night.”

Leave to meet the scrying contact, if Cade agrees.

”I was also approached about a job recovering some documents, which I may be able to perform on my own, whilst you scribe, and another job of a more violent sort for, it seems, a representative of the Enforcers’ Guild. I am not sure if we want to mix with them or not, or what the job entails, or pays.”
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 04:06:33 am by lawastooshort »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: May 09, 2014, 04:17:26 am »

"I suppose it depends on what they are offering as payment, but honestly, they seem a bit too tacky for my tastes. As for investing... I suggest that you keep a good amount handy for... persuasion and sweetening of deals. I've got enough for now anyway, but if you could help negotiate the price of the ink down for me, then I will be most grateful." Cade murmurs back. "I'm fine with doing the scrying job, and more money is always useful. Come, let's go see some gentlemen about what I could do to help with some scrying."

Leave to meet with the scrying contacts. Think about all I know about scrying on the way and how to do it myself.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 09, 2014, 04:24:02 am »

"I'll be happy to have a word with the merchant who sells this extortionate ink... As for now, let's go, and let's keep our eyes and ears open. I don't much like this place, or feel very comfortable in it yet."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: May 09, 2014, 12:31:22 pm »

Joes Arlandt:
"Well, we would be willing to part with this," he says, gesturing at the normal crystal, "for a thousand gold per unit. As you can see, it's of very high quality, and there's quite a bit of demand for it. We were planning on sending this warehouse off to our distributors in Mirathien, but we could just as easily reroute the caravans."
"Now, about this," he murmurs as he rubs his hands lovingly across the Deep Crystal, "we both know exactly what this is, now don't we, Mr. Arlandt. I make it my business to know what my boys pull out of the ground." He flashes you a toothy grin. "Three thousand gold per unit."

Alaris Valentis:
You grab a nice looking glass from a cabinet, and smash it.
Leaving the house by the way you came, you quickly run into the patrol. With a flash of a badge and the words "break in" and "that house", they run off, leaving you in the street, with more questions than answers.

Edgrick Browne and Cade Thorngage:
Knowledge (Arcana): 19
Most people are ignorant about what scrying involves. It's the arcane observation of a person from a distance, requiring expensive materials. Most people just want to find an object, which takes Detect Object.

You arrive at the appointed meeting point, a back table in a seedy tavern. You sit down, order some drinks and wait. No one shows for an hour. As you slowly approach a second hour of waiting, you start to get restless. When three hours have passed, almost everyone has left the bar by now, except for two guys who are getting stinking drunk. You stand up to leave, but the two drunks get up and stumble to your table, telling you to sit back down. When you don't, one grabs Edgrick by the collar and whispers "Do you know how long we waited for you? Huh? Six hours. SIX DAMN HOURS. Now, sit down."
Once you are all seated around the table, they drop the drunk facade. "Alright, here's the deal. Me and my partner need you to find where a certain object is, and we're working for someone who is willing to pay quite a bit of money to have it found. Capishe?"

Gregory Guy and Celles Gartens:
One of the guys who just came in grabs Gartens shoulder, and says "You got a lot of guts coming in here, coppers. Now, you'd better leave. That is, unless you want to start something. And trust me, coppers, you DON'T want to start something with the ND Bunkers."

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #529 on: May 09, 2014, 12:58:40 pm »

"That price seems exceptionally high. How about 175 each for these," Gesturing at the normal crystal, "and 500 each for these." Gesturing at the deep crystal. "We would, of course, be willing to buy in bulk so long as the prices are reasonable."
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 01:26:41 pm by Angle »

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 09, 2014, 01:04:35 pm »

"What, how much, and for whom? When do you require this done, and when do you intend to pay us, should we accept the task?"

Edgrick would rather rely on his wits than his sword, but he is fighting back a strong impulse to draw his blade... He controls himself though, and as far as he can tell only the business side of his thoughts show through.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: May 09, 2014, 02:32:13 pm »

Gregory smiles. At last, progress!

"Ah, the man himself I was looking for! I'd like a few answers from you, gang boy."

With the statement he places a hand on the floor and draws himself up to a crouch. After all, no matter how unwise it might be for the man to attempt to face him, it could still happen.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: May 09, 2014, 04:14:39 pm »

Joes Arlandt:
"600 and 2000."
"225 and 800."
"400 and 1300."
"300 and 1000, for bulk."
"Done. It was good doing business with you. The first shipment should be off within the week."

Edgrick Browne and Cade Thorngage:
"We need you in three days. Meet us back here the day after tomorrow for the address. You'll be paid when your part of the job is done. And if I was going to tell you any more, than I would have."
They stand up to leave, but the other one says before going.
"You don't want to dance with me, son. Move your hand away from your blade."

Gregory Guy and Celles Gartens:
"And I don't have answers for a copper." He brushes aside his cloak, revealing a short sword, which he draws. His buddy follows suit, and so do the men at the table in the other corner. It looks like a fight is inevitable.
The bartender pulls out a heavy crossbow, and waves it menacingly. "ANYONE WHO LAYS A FINGER ON MY FURNISHINGS GETS A BOLT RIGHT BETWEEN THE EYES!"
Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

The left-most thug steps back a few feet, and holds out his arms. Suddenly, a gauntlet appears  on his hand, and then steel boot. More armor appears until he is fully coated in a suit of full plate.
One of the thugs from the table stands up and warily advances, sword drawn.

G is Guy, g is Greghir, B is Big Thug, T is Thug, C is Celles, k is Kemik.
Code: [Select]
|-----------------------|
|--Gg--B-------------T--|
|-++CB--------T------++-|
|-++k---------------T++-|
|-----------------------|
___________||___________

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #533 on: May 09, 2014, 09:03:41 pm »

"Excellent. Would it be possible for me to inspect the mines? I wish to compile a report for my guild on how much and how long this mine can be expected to yield. I also might be able to identify further valuables for you."

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: May 09, 2014, 11:22:56 pm »

Joes Arlandt:
Redmountain hems and haws for a while, trying to make up his mind. Finally, he sighs.
"Look, we both know that no arcanist would interested in Deep Crystal. You're obviously psionic, but that's none of my business. My teams has uncovered some psionic artifacts, and we need an expert before we can proceed. If you're going to be in town for a while, stop by tonight, warehouse 37, okay? I've got a job for you."

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #535 on: May 10, 2014, 12:04:07 am »

"I thank you for your discretion, and would be happy to render assistance with your artifacts. I'll be there."

Go and rent a room at the inn. Then write a letter to the Elan (need something better to call them.) detailing the agreement I reached with redmountain and my impressions of the city and the goods available here. Encoded within that, tell them about how redmountain saw through my disguise, and about my agreement with him. Tell them I don't think it's a trap, but that it might be. Once I've written the letter, head to the rendezvous.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 08:16:01 pm by Angle »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 10, 2014, 01:28:47 am »

Go to the inn to sleep. First thing in the morning, search for a merchant selling the ink Cade requires.

((is there any check I can do to assess the combat prowess of that pair?))

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 10, 2014, 03:36:41 pm »

[Maneuvers Rolled: Mountain Hammer, Douse the Flames, Crusader's Strike]

Gartens called out the bartender as she donned her helmet from where it sat on Kemik's back. The hound had shaken off many of the packs he carried, leaving only the studded leather that covered him, along with his sister, to show. The packs were made for that purpose, and had some surprises for any filchers who might try to take advantage of them. "My apologies for bringing such trouble to your establishment, good sir. I will strive to ensure this disruption is ended as swiftly as possible." The crusader turned her stare onto the rabble that had challenged them as she said this, her piercing gaze capable of being felt even after her visor had dropped. Pulling out her spear and shield with a flourish, she slammed the latter into the floor, the sound reverberating around Guy, herself, and the Haljirgs. Finally, the armored woman gestured at the man in front of her with her spear, and spoke one short word in a foreign tongue to her dogs.

"Kill."

[Celles' Actions: Swift Action: Activate Protection Devotion, using up Douse the Flames manuever; Swift Action: initiate Iron Guard's Glare stance; Move Action: Pull out Tower Shield and Haljir Spear]
[Greghir's Actions: Free(?) Action: Five foot step to flank the Big Thug with Kemik. Standard Action: Bite and trip the Big Thug after Kemik's moved into flanking position!]
[Kemik's Actions: Free(?) Action: Five foot step to flankthe Big Thug with Greghir. Swift Action: initiate Punishing Stance; Full Round Action: Full attack(and trip) on the Big Thug after Greghir's moved into flanking position and attacked!]
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: May 10, 2014, 06:03:52 pm »

Gregory circles around the two big thugs and the foremost smaller one, and heads towards the one in plate. (Double Move for 100 ft of hustling)

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 10, 2014, 08:06:57 pm »

I would chalk the black tongue and teeth up to drugs, but I'm not completely convinced.
Talk to the Coalition about gang affiliations with black tongues and teeth. If all else fails, go to the library and hit the books, see if I can find some kind of drug or disease that fits the symptoms.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 67