Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 34

Author Topic: [3.5e D&D] A Game of Death and Destruction  (Read 47712 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5e D&D] A Game of Death and Destruction
« Reply #225 on: January 03, 2014, 12:43:45 am »

Why not just build a normal (inasmuch as effective DnD castles can be "normal") castle?

And then attach Greater Teleport spells everywhere?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 03, 2014, 12:49:23 am »

I only have 4k spare gold. >.> Because magic items aimed at improving survivability.

Also, I went to make a Half Dragon Dragonwrought Venerable Kobold Cleric of Tiamat (For those sweet, sweet rebuke undead uses, not that I'd use them for that, Profane Lifeleech FTW), and then I realized I was being tautological and wasting a feat. Also, half dragon is only +3 LA. And a half dragon kobold is a baby Dragonkin. And then I looked up the Dragonkin monster race to play as one, and realized it's ECL 9. Holy fucking shit, really? WHY ARE ALL THE GOOD CHOICES BORING STUFF I'VE DONE ALREADY!?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 03, 2014, 12:53:58 am »

I thought that at least one of those templates doesn't apply unless it's not already got the draconic subtype. Just be Half-(outsider). Not that dragons aren't cool, but it's LA +4.
Plenty of +4 LA templates.

Also, really interesting thing: Half-Dragons, because their type is dragon, can become dracoliches. Hmmmmm.

EDIT: I need to look up Dread Necromancers myself actually, because I love fetish armies.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 03, 2014, 01:02:02 am »

Dread Necromancers are awesome, although I'm more partial to the Enervationist path than the INFINITE LEGIONS OF DOOOOOOOOM. Because what is more badass than literally blasting the badass out of people. "Level fifteen? Holy shit, you were a badass! *Metamagic'd to all hell Enervation* You know what's great? Now that you're only level seven, you still have all your level fifteen gear! You're still a badass! *Enervation again* Oh, wait. Now you're dead. And I make dead people into really ugly butlers for my palatial estate."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 03, 2014, 01:07:56 am »

Hanslanda, I can do that once I get high enough level. It's called Utterdark Blast. I can apply it to my glaive. Which i can attack multiple times per round with. Probably hitting everytime. Dropping 2 levels for each failed save on their part(and look at my goddamn Charisma, man). I carve their badass away. I can also do Utterdark Doom, or Utterdark Cone, Chain, Etc.

The only sad part is that they would probably die from all the damage I was dealing before I killed them via negative levels. :/

But since we can't take Leadership(and presumably, not Undead Leadership, either), my only option to get my shining hordes* is to be a caster of some sort or another.

*Yes, I polish all of my skeletons. What of it?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 03, 2014, 01:11:21 am »

Umm... I just carved a few small pieces out of my arsenal.. And the party now owns a dirigible.. (If we decide it could be used better elsewhere or want something else, there's 35k in the pot from me once I get the dirigible off there)
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 03, 2014, 01:14:11 am »

Umm... I just carved a few small pieces out of my arsenal.. And the party now owns a dirigible.. (If we decide it could be used better elsewhere or want something else, there's 35k in the pot from me once I get the dirigible off there)
Most of us can fly anyway...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 03, 2014, 01:19:05 am »

We'll just have to attach a few Air Elementals/Dragons to it to make it fast enough to be useful then. I guess our first stop will be the elemental plane of air via my Plane Shift so I can sweet talk us some help.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 03, 2014, 01:21:07 am »

But this allows us to fly long distances as a reliable transportation method. Also, we can mount siege engines to more effectively take over castles and such. Also, can be used as an effective flying base of operations since we can all fly back to it (If someone can't fly naturally, I am more than able to carry them)
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 03, 2014, 01:22:48 am »

Actually, something we need to nail down is our hired/convinced/coerced/mind-controlled help. I can probably rally some aid from the safer elemental planes, but I lack the knowledge/cash to hire mercenaries and low level wizards. Anyone who can deal with that?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 03, 2014, 01:32:44 am »

30 Charisma.

Full ranks in Diplomacy BLUFF.

Very possibly Beguiled Influence.

Bard skill check booster.

Need me to do more math?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 03, 2014, 01:52:32 am »

Not really.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 03, 2014, 01:57:53 am »

On other notes, it is difficult to find stuff that fits well enough to be +4 LA. This is annoying. I suppose I can have some Racial HD, since those count as the 4. Domovoi have +2 LA and 2 R-HD; I couldn't add a template without being a lower level than absolutely necessary, but...I dunno. A lot of stuff fits well together, but only reaches +3 LA. It's annoying. >.<
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 03, 2014, 07:32:01 pm »

On other notes, it is difficult to find stuff that fits well enough to be +4 LA. This is annoying. I suppose I can have some Racial HD, since those count as the 4. Domovoi have +2 LA and 2 R-HD; I couldn't add a template without being a lower level than absolutely necessary, but...I dunno. A lot of stuff fits well together, but only reaches +3 LA. It's annoying. >.<

Do a LA+1 race and then grab Spellwarped.  Or do a LA+3 and grab Winged or something (Winged is mediocre for what it gives, though.)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 03, 2014, 07:38:41 pm »

Or take Planetwisted, my new favorite template :P.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 34