Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 34

Author Topic: [3.5e D&D] A Game of Death and Destruction  (Read 47762 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5e D&D] A Game of Death and Destruction
« Reply #135 on: January 01, 2014, 05:16:51 am »

That makes shit SO much easier. I was running off having them start at 0! :-[

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 01, 2014, 05:18:31 am »

Everyone did that the first time we used point buy.  ;)

It's also worth noting, in case you did not know, that it's not one point equals one stat, it has some strange math in it. If you want this website works as a nice calculator.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 01, 2014, 05:20:23 am »

Right, thanks! But I think I'll stick with being a ghost; that Charisma boost is just beautiful.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 01, 2014, 05:24:02 am »

Yeah. It's not bad. Although I am a bit worried about your Horrific Appearance ability. In the form of I'm a little afraid you are going to slowly kill everyone else in the party with it. Maybe we can. I dunno. Ask the GM if you can turn it off.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 01, 2014, 05:28:21 am »

I expect it could be rationalised as something about the shock + malignant and opposed aura of the ghost which since we'd (probably) all be on the same side, a case could be made for it not affecting you guys.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 01, 2014, 05:31:23 am »

If that fails we can get a ghost touch bag and throw it over your head.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 01, 2014, 12:31:57 pm »

Plenty of races other than ghost that get a charisma boost. And the whole point of this game s to make overpowered characters, so don't worry about that.

That said, not sure if anything else would be a much better option(and still be unique; Pixies are badass in all cases).

Also, he has to mix it with something. We have a minimum LA of +4, remember.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 01, 2014, 12:55:26 pm »

Some ideas for race, if you want them, Gamerlord;
Rakshasa: +6 to Charisma, and even though they have 7 Racial Hit Die, they cast spells as a 7th level sorceror(and adding sorceror levels stacks with this). Downside is +7 Level Adjustment; you wouldn't technically be a sorceror, when the game started.

Vampire (template): I'm not sure whether it's LA +8 or +5, since it says both in different places...but yeah, Vampires are cool.

Half-Celestial/Aasimar (templates): Bah. You have to be good if a Half-Celestial, but Half-Fiend doesn't give asmuch of a Charisma bonus...plus, we already have one of these.

Pixie: Permanent Greater Invisibility, free Fly speed, ludicrously small level adjustment(for what they get), no racial hit die...

Yuan-Ti: Of the options available to you, my personal favorite. I've always liked Yuan-Ti, though. If you can convince Remuthra to drop some or all of the racial hit die and possiblyapply a template, you should be pretty well off.

EDIT: There's plenty more, of course. These are just some of the ones from Core. I've seen Jaebrin, could be used as a base for some templates, Spellscale, could make a Venerable Dragonwrought Kobold, Drow are in core but I didn't mention them because screw them, and many others.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 12:59:18 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 01, 2014, 01:02:05 pm »

Question to the DM- Can I sneak attack with a ballista?

Depending on the answer to this, I may be changing my Mino to be either a rouge or a knight, maybe something else. Just put in fighter to get base- Rouge would have more utility (Also, Ballista Sneak attacks >:D ), but knight gives me some extra abilities to help allies (But we have a bard...)
I might find a different class to use as well
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 01, 2014, 01:10:04 pm »

Question to the DM- Can I sneak attack with a ballista?

Depending on the answer to this, I may be changing my Mino to be either a rouge or a knight, maybe something else. Just put in fighter to get base- Rouge would have more utility (Also, Ballista Sneak attacks >:D ), but knight gives me some extra abilities to help allies (But we have a bard...)
I might find a different class to use as well
Yes, you can.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 01, 2014, 01:11:42 pm »

If you want to be a tank(which would be nice to have a non-magic tank), consider a Crusader build. I have some guides/handbooks that I'm familiar with thanks to how often I used them. If you want to deal damage, consider Swordsage and/or Warblade base(more classes can and usually will always be added). From what I hear, unarmed Swordsage makes a better Monk than Monk does. Tome of Battle in general really helps fighter-styled classes.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 01, 2014, 01:29:50 pm »

Hey Remuthra. Ethergaunts, the thing I am playing as, are split into three castes, each one is four ECL higher then the previous one (12,16,20) and I will be starting in the lowest caste with two more character levels. But I was wondering if you would let me basically put character levels into transforming into higher castes instead of taking levels in classes. Roughly speaking, take the difference between the castes, dividing them by four, and then getting that at each level, make a little custom monster class basically. This would cause one bit of strangeness though, since the higher castes actually lose LA, it would mean at (if I did my math right) ECL 14, ECL 16, and ECL 20 I would actually gain two HD (eventually leaving me with the same number of HD as what most other people in the group are going to have). Which is something I have not seen before ever actually done in D&D.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 01, 2014, 01:57:00 pm »

You can perform a ritual to move up a caste, with the cost being xp or gold equivalent equal to four levels worth of buyoff, plus a Plane Shift spell.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 01, 2014, 02:02:50 pm »

the cost being xp or gold equivalent equal to four levels worth of buyoff

Four levels of buyoff? What do you mean by that?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 01, 2014, 02:08:03 pm »

the cost being xp or gold equivalent equal to four levels worth of buyoff

Four levels of buyoff? What do you mean by that?
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/reducingLevelAdjustments.htm
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 34