Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 34

Author Topic: [3.5e D&D] A Game of Death and Destruction  (Read 47755 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [3.5e D&D] A Game of Death and Destruction
« Reply #120 on: January 01, 2014, 02:15:29 am »

Is there still room in this game? Competitive D&D is a strange idea, but I've never seen a game that would allow me to play a Ethergaunt.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 01, 2014, 02:16:31 am »

Yes.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 01, 2014, 02:18:42 am »

Mind Flayer 8/Sorcerer 1/Ghost 1.
I have Mind Flayer levels? Damnit, I'm too tired to figure this out now, gimme overnight.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 01, 2014, 02:19:55 am »

Mind Flayer 8/Sorcerer 1/Ghost 1.
I have Mind Flayer levels? Damnit, I'm too tired to figure this out now, gimme overnight.
Okay. It's Racial Hit Dice.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 01, 2014, 02:45:10 am »

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 01, 2014, 02:45:27 am »

Okay, after MUCH smashing pdf books together, searching through endless tabs to find the one I saw, and just plain having too much gold, I have created the Most Resourceful Minotaur the world has ever known. Also, all of the dimensions were used. (2 Handy Haversacks and a portable hole :P)

On a related note, I haven't had a good chance to work out a backstory yet, I might change my pic, and I used the spell area to do maths for amount of gold used. Anything that could be relevant to the character (Feats, Race, ItemsSo many items..., Reasoning) Is in the "other notes" section.

With the allies we seem to have, It would look like we have a trick for every circumstance... Barring a mountain falling on us... (Wait.. I have a portable hole :D/ :o)

EDIT: Reread OP, realized I did it wrong, tweaking will be done tomorrow.. Too tired (I'm Level 12 right now... Misunderstood/Misread something, Sorry, will fix.)

EDIT2: Made it public (Whoops :P)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 02:54:02 am by Delioth »
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 01, 2014, 02:49:22 am »

Mate you need to make that page public I think.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 01, 2014, 02:51:08 am »

I really need to figure this out. As far as I can understand, I have racial hit dice of 8, which leaves room for Ghost 1 and Sorcerer 1, right? That means I only get 1st level Sorcerer spells... At least I know where I'm going then.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 01, 2014, 04:05:19 am »

To be honest Mindflayers are pretty terrible as a PC option. Even with the weird -2 LA template the GM gave you. Also I sorta don't understand this ghost idea. As far as I can tell it's because your stats were low? Well. No. I doubt your stats are going to be low. In fact, they can't be. Mindflayers have only bonuses to stats. At ether rate in a game where spellcasters are already somewhat weakened mixing a spell casting class with almost anything (like ghost) is a bad idea. I'm not totally sure how serious the GM is going to be about killing us since he is trying to make you a character that would be seriously gimped even in a normal game, let alone a high powered one like this.

Um. To break it down into a few key points.

• Spellcasting classes don't mix with anything that doesn't help their spell casting.
  • Mindflayers suck in most cases and they won't help your spell casting (Double suck).
  • Ghost is probably bad as well so long as we are talking about it.
  • I'll help you as much as I can, but it probably best at this point to throw out what Remuthra has said so far about your build and start from point one. What do you want to do?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 01, 2014, 04:29:27 am »

I'm playing a Sorcerer, so to me right now anything that boosts charisma is a godsend. Apparently Mind flayers get -2 Str, -4 Con, +4 Int, +2 Will, +2 Char, plus a bunch of racial spells that will free up spots in my spell list. Being a ghost neutralises the Con issue by reducing it to 0, while (according to what Remuthra linked) giving me a +4 to Char. I'm considering moving over into Enchantment/Illusion instead of my initial Necromancy focus because of this.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 01, 2014, 04:45:52 am »

Something's wrong here, maybe me? Because in my book Mind flayers get +2 Strength, +4 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, +8 Intelligence, +6 Wisdom, +6 Charisma.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 01, 2014, 04:53:16 am »

Eh, that's a little overpowered for my tastes and kinda unrealistic. More than happy with my reduced stats.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 01, 2014, 05:01:06 am »

Well, that's fair enough then. Do you have any other points of confusion I might be able to help with?

Edit: Also here are my two wizard HD rolls.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 05:04:10 am by Criptfeind »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 01, 2014, 05:04:58 am »

WAIT A SECOND. Could I move myself around with Levitate/Mage Hand if I had 0 Dex?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 01, 2014, 05:16:14 am »

You might be able to, but you likely would not be able to cast spells with somatic components, which is most of them. Including Levitate/Mage Hand.

How would you get 0 Dex though? You know with point buy you have a minimum of 8, which can't be lowered during point buy?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 34