Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How Should Round 2 Be Changed Regarding Combat?

Players are much tougher than standard enemy units.
- 7 (53.8%)
Introduce a Fatigue system.
- 1 (7.7%)
Options 1+2
- 5 (38.5%)
No Change
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30

Author Topic: -The Last Stand- Final Pre-Round 2 Poll: Combat  (Read 39278 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: -The Last Stand- Necdum Spiritum Romanus: Phase 2 [Retribution Phase]
« Reply #195 on: January 07, 2014, 09:16:01 pm »

(Another tip, armor is amazing. Did you guys notice that Grunt (II) was essentially one-shotted, when Anders only rolled 4 higher then him? That's because he wasn't wearing armor. In the same turn, Clyde survived an attack with only Heavy Bleeding (And other assorted ailments, like high chances of death))
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 07, 2014, 10:44:32 pm »

Taunt Brute 1 again avoiding the main battleground.
"Come and get it you stupid monkey!"

I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

aattss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 08, 2014, 09:21:26 pm »

I will fight to the end. Off the wounded barbarian.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 08, 2014, 09:31:44 pm »

(Another tip, armor is amazing. Did you guys notice that Grunt (II) was essentially one-shotted, when Anders only rolled 4 higher then him? That's because he wasn't wearing armor. In the same turn, Clyde survived an attack with only Heavy Bleeding (And other assorted ailments, like high chances of death))

While the armor certainly did protect him a bit, the dice for Attacking and Defending represent how well each respective action was performed. So a (10 vs. 9) would represent a stunning spin slash that manages to nick an otherwise perfect block, while a (2 vs. 1) might represent the attacker poking the defender after he falls on the floor. A (10 vs. 6) is quite different in effect from a (6 vs. 2). In a literal sense, you could think of the number you get having a squared value. So what you're comparing is a (100 vs. 36) attack to a (36 vs. 4) attack.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 08, 2014, 10:38:45 pm »

While the armor certainly did protect him a bit, the dice for Attacking and Defending represent how well each respective action was performed. So a (10 vs. 9) would represent a stunning spin slash that manages to nick an otherwise perfect block, while a (2 vs. 1) might represent the attacker poking the defender after he falls on the floor. A (10 vs. 6) is quite different in effect from a (6 vs. 2). In a literal sense, you could think of the number you get having a squared value. So what you're comparing is a (100 vs. 36) attack to a (36 vs. 4) attack.

You know I meant to ask after I read the rules and forgot until this came up but. What would happen if it was 10 vs 1? Although to be fair I guess I saw nearly that with my last turn
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 10:40:51 pm by zacen299 »
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 08, 2014, 10:53:16 pm »

The dice don't go that high.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 08, 2014, 10:53:38 pm »

You know I meant to ask after I read the rules and forgot until this came up but. What would happen if it was 10 vs 1? Although to be fair I guess I saw nearly that with my last turn

(10 vs. 1), (10 vs. 2) and (9 vs. 1) are usually instant kills, regardless of the defender's health. If the defender happens to be wearing good armor, or the attacking weapon isn't that deadly, it may merely fatally wound the target or disable them to an extreme extent, like a (10 vs. 3) would usually do.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 10, 2014, 09:26:02 pm »

Bump.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 10, 2014, 09:27:22 pm »

Who's left?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 10, 2014, 09:29:57 pm »

Who's left?

yourmaster has to decide whether he will immediately respawn or change classes.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 10, 2014, 10:42:28 pm »

respawn. No change please automatically list me for the same class. Attack the toughest enemy
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 06:14:15 pm by Yourmaster »
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 10, 2014, 10:44:04 pm »

respawn. No change please automatically list me for the same class.

If you spawn immediately, you can take an action.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 13, 2014, 09:09:53 pm »

TCM looks at the School and charges at it with his Roleplaying and Other Assorted Hobbies! (6 vs. 8 ) The School jumps out of the attack just in time, and counter-attacks! (9 vs. 5) The School stabs TCM right in the Free Time with its Multitude of Deadlines and Upcoming Exams! TCM has been severely wounded and will take a bit longer to engage in doing things like writing up the next turn!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 09:39:08 pm by TCM »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 13, 2014, 09:11:01 pm »

This is why you should have gone with a Merc TCM. RAGE BONUS MOTHAFUCKAS!

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 19, 2014, 01:15:46 am »

I coulda sworn I already posted...

Guard Clyde while he's being healed.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30