Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How Should Round 2 Be Changed Regarding Combat?

Players are much tougher than standard enemy units.
- 7 (53.8%)
Introduce a Fatigue system.
- 1 (7.7%)
Options 1+2
- 5 (38.5%)
No Change
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 30

Author Topic: -The Last Stand- Final Pre-Round 2 Poll: Combat  (Read 39281 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: -The Last Stand- Necdum Spiritum Romanus: Phase 3 [BOSS BATTLE!]
« Reply #225 on: January 22, 2014, 06:26:47 pm »

Can he pray to Thanatos to take his soul?

Nope, praying is a conscious action.
Can I sacrifice a barbarian slinger to Thanatos for the same result?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 22, 2014, 08:05:24 pm »

((The War Chief isn't in the Barbarians spoiler. On that note...The Frankish Empire?))

Wake up! Or respawn, whatever.
The reinforcements don't show up in the Barbarian Spoiler until the following turn after they arrive. The Franks do not have a true empire of course, but from their perspective the conquest of Rome is full-blown Imperial supremacy.  Carl isn't dead, just unconscious and bleeding badly.
1. Ah.
2. Good.
3. I know, I'm just saying...if I don't wake up, I'd rather get the whole slowly-dying thing over with and respawn so I can actually act.
Sorry, but you can't do anything about dying or not dying while in the unconscious state. You can't just will yourself to death.
Damn.
If my inability to make myself either die faster or wake up means I miss the whole rest of the battle I will be so annoyed.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 22, 2014, 08:13:37 pm »

Attack the barbarian ballistamen!

We should get rid of it now while we're still able to spare some melee guys, as opposed to next turn when we're all going to dogpile the barbarian chief.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 22, 2014, 09:00:29 pm »

If my inability to make myself either die faster or wake up means I miss the whole rest of the battle I will be so annoyed.

Well, you are going to bleed out in two turns if you're not healed by then.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 22, 2014, 09:18:01 pm »

How the hell did I not die there? Move slowly backwards keeping my defence up with my scissor and wipe my eyes with my other arm. Stay on the defence and wait until he makes a mistake.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 22, 2014, 10:12:12 pm »

Noted.

You idiots had better last at least a couple more turns!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 22, 2014, 10:15:45 pm »

Noted.

You idiots had better last at least a couple more turns!
Roger, sir!

Charge foolishly at the Warchief!

Disclaimer: This is a joke action. Previous page has the real one. If you mess it up, TCM, I'm covered.

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 23, 2014, 04:01:41 am »

Change action.
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 23, 2014, 10:29:29 pm »

Hit him in the neck. With my scissor. Then pick him up and toss him over the side of the building.

Then go find the healer. Block off the entryway to the building so more barbarians can't make their way to our ballista-man. If he's asleep, wake him up first.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 23, 2014, 10:41:52 pm »

I'm going to get rid of the alternate condition for a Scenario End that states "If there are no defenders left at any time in a turn, the Last Stand ends prematurely." I thought this would encourage teamwork or something, but upon review, it doesn't do anything besides making the game unfair. Besides, the last few people who remain in a Scenario will be greatly outnumbered by the perpetual cycle of Enemy Unit Reinforcements anyways.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 24, 2014, 06:25:40 pm »

While we wait for the last few people to post, does anyone have suggestions for future Scenarios that they'd like to see? I've thought up the following as future possibilities, and want to know how you all feel about them:

Saigo no Shinryaku - In the late 13th Century, the Mongolian conquest ends up on the shores of Japan. A group of warriors loyal to the Kamakura Shogunate head to the sees to stop the Mongolians, but vastly underestimate the size of the invading force.

Tracks of Heaven - In the middle of WWI, an important Ottoman train filled with reinforcing soldiers and important supplies is speeding to the front lines, when it is subject to a sabotaged explosive attack by Arab Rebels and their supporters. As the Rebels charge the derailed train from all angels, the Ottoman survivors attempt to survive, using the wreckage of the train as cover.

Broken Chains - A decade or so before the American Civil War, a group of slaves, free blacks, and abolitionists stage a revolt in the Deep South. Taking over their plantation, most of the slaves decide to take to the nearby forest and river, fleeing as quickly as possible. A handful of loyalists stay in order to cover the escape of the others, awaiting the inevitable local response and retaliation.

Thug Requiem  - Modern-day: A moderately-sized gang is offered a deal of partnership from another stronger and more prodigious rival gang. The deal is made at the headquarters of the former, but when it turns out 'partnership' really means 'total vassilization', violence quickly breaks out. While the fake diplomats are quickly disposed of, it turns out it was all the trap, and a good-sized army of the big-name gangsters have surrounded the HQ, and are heading in! Just to make matters worth, they're even accompanied by a few dirty cops.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 24, 2014, 06:27:53 pm »

They all sound really interesting but that last one is pretty great.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 24, 2014, 06:28:35 pm »

I had a scenario built around the Imperial Guard fighting the Orks a while ago, but it was lost due to Internet issues and I never rewrote it.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 24, 2014, 06:29:31 pm »

I had a scenario built around the Imperial Guard fighting the Orks a while ago, but it was lost due to Internet issues and I never rewrote it.
I don't think a game ending on the third turn would be much fun.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 24, 2014, 06:30:21 pm »

I don't think a game ending on the third turn would be much fun.
Hey, it's not that bad. The Imperial Guard get a lot of dudes. And actually have better guns.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 30