Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Good or bad idea to resurrect this game?

Excellent
- 8 (47.1%)
Good
- 1 (5.9%)
Neutral
- 1 (5.9%)
Bad
- 0 (0%)
Horrible
- 1 (5.9%)
Cheesesteak Baconbuger fries!
- 6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 37

Author Topic: Roll to Level/Sburb/Raise  (Read 57157 times)

blademan9999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Level (Someone managed to Prototype!)
« Reply #165 on: December 24, 2013, 09:39:48 pm »

>Drop random heavy object on Cruxtader, Prototype kittens.
There is a massive magma snake moving in down stairs as well as a flood and a tunnel to hell also downstairs and you are worried about me putting my feet on the furniture.
GWG you are meant to be the sane one.
Just because the apocalypse is happening downstairs is no reason to abandon manners young wizard.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 24, 2013, 11:13:44 pm »

((You can't fight without a strifespecubus though.))

(In this game, this is only true if you have a sylladex.  You unlock it after you ascend the echeladder by killing one imp.  Since it is an immediate equip, that is when that rule comes into play.)

Grow spidery legs and stuff.

(Don't forget you're dead.)

Drop my client's totem lathe on his cruxtruder, then drop his alchemiter on his totem lathe. finally, play with his kitties.

(You started with only 20 build grist, and each of those cost 100 to move.)

Suggest that we disable doomed timelines, since it is to railroady for taists, also since it would not be FUN just 'Joining the bandwagon' approach. 

(Doomed timelines are going to exist, but not in the railroading manner.  The time player shows up from them in only the situations which guarantee that the session victory becomes unattainable.  Ex. medium entrance screwed over by destroying a critical device (wherein the method of being screwed over is stopped), player is permakilled and the restoration of life is not achieved/second life is killed off (only if there isn't anyone nearby, if there isn't the player will arrive before the end of the window of opportunity and advise someone to help the character (only occurs on life player)).  Other than that, nothing from doomed timelines.  I want some glimmer of hope that I can screw around with.)

Please don't use yellow. PLEASE.

(Sorry about that, I assigned the color at random.  I'll change it to what he wants.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 24, 2013, 11:16:56 pm »

My strife specibus is going to be Learnkind.
I will attack by learning spells in the middle of combat.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 25, 2013, 01:30:42 am »

Grow spidery legs and stuff.
(Don't forget you're dead.)
((Am not!
...Fine.))

Come back to life. Grow spidery legs so my severed hydra headiness can move.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 25, 2013, 02:04:29 am »

Drop my client's totem lathe on his cruxtruder, then drop his alchemiter on his totem lathe. finally, play with his kitties.

-.-
Try to move them anyway because I don't know that, it's OOC information. IC I don't know anything about sburb/sgrub.
EDIT: also, GM, do not forget the first part of my action, the part about investigating the random thumping.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 01:52:17 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 25, 2013, 02:05:58 am »

Presumably you can read the hud and see that is why you can't move things.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 25, 2013, 02:06:02 am »

Join if possible, if it is possible, I'd like to go to Hawaii

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 25, 2013, 05:25:57 am »

Drop something heavy on his cruxtruder, build pile of crap next to computer to point out he needs to connect on PesterChum.

Spoiler: Pesterlog (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 25, 2013, 12:40:07 pm »

-.-
Try to move them anyway because I don't know that, it's OOC information. IC I don't know anything about sburb/sgrub.
Sorry Lenglon. If you want I could PM you a whole bunch of beginning game knowledge, because I've read Homestuck Act 1-6. At the GM's discretion, of course.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 25, 2013, 01:21:36 pm »

-.-
Sorry Lenglon. If you want I could PM you a whole bunch of beginning game knowledge, because I've read Homestuck Act 1-6. At the GM's discretion, of course.
((I did my homework, I've read acts 1-3, and every scene that nepeta shows up in  (yay for the mspa wiki) though a lot of the nepeta scenes made no sense out of context.

however, my character hasn't done the research I have. I have no IC reason to know how to sburb. as a result I have every intention of making many nonsensical actions in attempts to figure it out. if I end up with some kind of guide to sburb/sgrub in character then that'll change things.))
Drop something heavy on her cruxtruder, build pile of crap next to computer to point out she needs to connect on PesterChum.

pronouns
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 01:47:51 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 25, 2013, 02:35:10 pm »

Client-Server Chain 1

Attempt to open the Cruxtruder using the couch as a bat.

(5)(4)(5) You manage to open the cruxtrader by dropping the couch on it.  A display showing there are 5 turns until something happens.

If the attempt to open the cruxtruder using the couch is successful, prototype it a second time with my Dark Paladin yugioh card to make a sprite, if I can do that at this time. Retrieve cruxite dowel afterward.

(4)(2) You manage to prototype the card second, after one of the other heads prototypes the disk for Assassin's Creed 3.
(6)(4) You remove the cruxite dowel.

Client-Server Chain 2

Drop a heavy item on the Cruxtrader.
Also, I install my client disk.

(4)(2) You drop a wardrobe on the Cruxtrader.  It opens with a display very little time remaining.
(6)(6) You install the client disk so perfectly, you level up.  However, you need a Sburb server to connect to in order to enter.

Open the cruxtruder and then prototype something that's dead or almost doomed. Then spend some time dicking around with the alchemiter and finally use the totem lathe to obtain my cruxite artifact and enter the medium just as the meteor is coming down on me.

(3) You prototype a Dragonball Z disk from one of the earlier sagas.
(2) Since you don't have a punch designix and since there is little time remaining, you go ahead and create the cruxite artifact.
(6) You get a wand as your artifact.  As the meteor comes in, you break it and enter the incipisphere.

Client-Server Chain 3

Get thing for alchemizer. get a good Idea off of the elves, since we all know who really HATES elves.   

(5) You get the cruxite dowel and have it lathed.
(-autofail-) You try to speak to your sprite, but you only get gibberish and flashes that give you a headache.  You get the feeling that you will need to enter the medium and get a second prototyping before you can speak with it.

Client-Server Chain 4

Drop something heavy on his cruxtruder, build pile of crap next to computer to point out he needs to connect on PesterChum.

(4) You drop a workbench on the cruxtrader and open it.  It reads one turn is remaining.
(2) Your client leaves the room as you are making the pile.  When he returns, he does something else on his server copy.  Through the zoom function, you can see...he is trying to play with his client's kittens.

Examine the source of the loud thud that woke me up. Drop my client's totem lathe on his cruxtruder, then drop his alchemiter on his totem lathe. finally, play with his kitties.

(6)(2) You go and see the cruxtrader open.  You (6)(3) immediately return to your computer and try to do things with the client's devices, but you don't have enough grist to manipulate them.

>Drop random heavy object on Cruxtader, Prototype kittens.

(5)(3) You manage to hit it open with a sledgehammer.  It gives the reading of 2 turns remaining.
(6)(1) You manage to prototype one kitten, but the sprite refuses to accept a second of the same item used to prototype it, you later attempts passing through harmlessly.

Unconnected

Wait for someone to connect to me. Experiment the possibility of punting a meteor.

(4)(5)(4) You wait around, practicing your skills.  (1)(3)(4) You think about punting a meteor, but then dismiss the thought.  You would need a stupid amount of power and a stupid strong sword to even divert it.

Cast Install Software II.

(4)(4) You cast install software on your two disks.  If a Sburb server or a Sgrub client activates, you will be ready.

Come back to life. Grow spidery legs so my severed hydra headiness can move.

(2) You respawn as a Chinese businesswoman in her apartment.  You have recently received two copies, a client and a server, of a game called Sburb.

Active

Spoiler: Aattss (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: DarkArtemisFowl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TheFroggyNinja (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hydra (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lenglon (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: KJ1225 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: DorisDwarf (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Poketwo (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)

Inactive

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Emral282 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Yourmaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hailfire (click to show/hide)

I've given all that is needed at the current time in the turn before last.  The next relevant will be given when the game is entered, so knowledge isn't much of a problem.

Join if possible, if it is possible, I'd like to go to Hawaii

I'm sorry.  I closed off sign-ups a few turns back because it takes awhile to create a turn as it is, and when stuff starts to spiral out of control (you know it will, and it might not be because of me) it may reach the point where I don't want to update if there are too many players.

((I did my homework, I've read acts 1-3, and every scene that nepeta shows up in  (yay for the mspa wiki) though a lot of the nepeta scenes made no sense out of context.

however, my character hasn't done the research I have. I have no IC reason to know how to sburb. as a result I have every intention of making many nonsensical actions in attempts to figure it out. if I end up with some kind of guide to sburb/sgrub in character then that'll change things.))

Would you believe I was actually thinking about the aspect being given to you by the game would be heart?  Oh, you better make a more serious one this turn, you only have the coming one to enter the medium because the 1d6 was a bitch to you.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

aattss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 25, 2013, 03:24:10 pm »

Establish pester-log as curbStomp [CS]. If I have time to spare, get an ancient statue of a dragon.

By the way, are you keeping track of actions that affect us that aren't displayed in our inventory, or are those things not relevant?

By the way, you listed under my inventory both the server and the client.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 07:03:32 pm by aattss »

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 25, 2013, 03:40:37 pm »

create cruxite artifact and enter the medium. b]

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 25, 2013, 03:41:04 pm »

Put the Cruxite Dowel beetwen the clenches of the Totem Lathe. Put in prepunched card if I get it. Activate Totem Lathe. Grab the carved Cruxite Dowel if I succeed and bring it to the Alchemiter. Then put the Cruxite Dowel on the stand.

Pesterlog
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 25, 2013, 03:43:55 pm »

Be very startled. Prod client repeatedly with books, clothes, various items, etc, and shepherd her down to the Garage. Give up forever on trying to get them to understand that Pesterchum is REALLY IMPORTANT ABOUT NOW.

Try to do as much as possible towards the Medium Entry  for her by steering her around with books, towels, any errant pets, so on. Drop the card-y thing by the totem lathe.

[spoiler=Pesterlog]
eB: your PesterChum isn't on, is it?
eB: damn it.
eB: maybe this will get your attention?
eB: if you get this, Opened cruxtruder in garage. go have a look before it explodes or something
eB: well, you screwed now. Unless that counter doesn't mean what I think.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 04:02:44 am by Dorsidwarf »
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 37