Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 57

Author Topic: Limerick Mafia - AABBA [Game Over!]  (Read 122534 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Double Tap [Day 2] [Replacement Needed]
« Reply #465 on: January 13, 2014, 12:45:28 am »

EBWOP (yeah the previous post was saved while I'm now free-ish. Possibly not going to be later for quite a day or so.)

Cont, TDS
We need to start talking before the end of the day, or at least come to a consensus on the vote. As said, we're heading to MyLo if we don't vote.
Hey, buddy. We've talked for more than 15 posts back on those five pages and you have yet to deliver anything on content from them.

You ignore. You deflect. You OMGUS in all its meaning, rethinking on your acts. You exhibit extreme personalism as if a single vote kicks you in the ass and flips you twice over.

Many others have voted for you, yet you take priority to Tiruin. Why so?
Next:
Signify that you HAVE read my questions--AND DECIDED TO NOT ANSWER THEM YET AGAIN (or answer them in such a bad way that I didn't parse it. If so, reword please).

If you can't 'prove' much more past what you said, then what is the purpose of your accusations? Blatant fluffing it up? Ugh.

Bear with me, I'm having a really hard time discerning what in the bleeding hells you are doing--It is only by some intangible feeling and second-guessing that I find you bordering on innocence via...intuition--please define and defend. You accused me of MANY THINGS, you can't just blow it off by 'ask someone to investigate'.

I mean, heck. I don't even know what you are, and you do that kind of request..it's...weird if you're scum that way.

Bloody hell. I should really get that re-read back.

Dr. Scientist (any preferable shortening or abbreviation you'd like? I'm happy to elongate it.)
Small queries:
> Why did SBC get your mention firsthand, before anything else? For someone keeping abreast of the proceedings, I find it quite peculiar that you take interest in someone being defensive (...In which I hope to ratify the two meanings of defensive: The dictionary, and the Mafia meaning)
> O_o Ehh? You find lying equal to a FoS, yet a subjective case towards SBC on definition of terms for a vote? Err..ok? What is your view on Toony, and all those who have voted him (look in the lurkertracker for a list)
> Could you give your reads on everyone? Your opinions, commentaries, or anything else? I find a minor discrepancy within your posts, but am withholding it because I understand where its going.
>
If you address these arguments with real and valid counterarguments, I am willing to believe you're town. (though it will take more than a few lines to convince me.) As it stands, however, you have done nothing to suggest you're innocent.
Huh, so if he's able to address it correctly, you're willing to correct your suspicions. Why so? What benefit do valid counterarguments present compared to your read on him before that?

>
Quote from: Note on TDS
2. [...]I'm not sure about TDS, I think that he either is scum, or doesn't care about the game, can't decide which one is more likely, but I definitely don't think there's enough to be able to vote for him with little reason given.[...]
Tell me if I'm taking this out of context--but really? What exact posts did he do that make you feel like such? Please expound your insight on him, and between him and me-if it would give better detail.

Because I've lost quite a lot of hair dealing with TDS and I think there's more than enough to be able to vote him--however, it is to be noted that his style...deviates from conventional Mafia knowledge, and hence am acting why I am now: What do you think about that?

SuperBlackCat: Did you take notice of my query to you? Please tell me you aren't-didn't, actually-miss this.
Alright, I agree that I wasn't really scum hunting in the early stages, wasn't even really here.
You were busy doing...?
But let me ask you, was I correct? Against Caz, I pressured her[...]
Caz is a cuddly wuddly male and you should know that. >:I

Though I guess he finds it amusing that you think he's female.

Also so you don't have to click my link given you use a tablet and I don't know how that works:

What [exactly] do you see in TDS' posts that make him worthy of your vote? What are your general reads on the populace?

Specifics edited in and detailed with brackets.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: January 13, 2014, 01:00:28 am »

ToonyMan is lying, Puffer didn't do anything.

Assuming that's true, why do you think ToonyMan would lie about that?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: January 13, 2014, 02:58:11 am »

PS: Makeinu, can you explain Uncanny Valley here. Because I don't want to re-explain my thinking here.

You mean this...

Alright, I agree that I wasn't really scum hunting in the early stages, wasn't even really here.

But let me ask you, was I correct? Against Caz, I pressured her to give me more, with the 'You are sticking out with like a sore thumb' post. She herself believed that she was acting scummy, but didn't mention she wasn't scum. It seemed weird to me, so I pushed it. She never replied iirc, and she died. I was correct that she was not scum... And it was too fast and too many. I'm going to hazard a guess that within the people who voted Caz, there is at least 1 scum. I'm going to guess 2.

It's easy in retrospect to say, "But I was right!" Hindsight is 20/20, but it's also not actually a defense of anything.

Caz actually said several times that he wasn't scum. In this post, there's an explicit town claim, in fact. Which just goes back to what I'm reading as your meta-style, that you don't really read the thread thoroughly, don't take notes, whatever it is. Maybe it's just that you're used to playing mafia at a faster pace, and keeping up with a forum game is too slow for you, or maybe it's something else entirely.

But here's the thing: you didn't get on Caz for acting scummy and not defending himself, or town-claiming (which he did), or any of that. You just... I dunno, pressed him a bit with the post you mentioned and then really didn't pursue anything at all. No vote on Caz, no pressure on anyone voting him, nothing. Just an RVS vote on TDS that sat for a long while before it was retracted under questioning.

Now Against TDS. He maintains an argument with Tiruin, Obviously deflects several of them, or doesn't answer them. At least not in a sensible way. He's not playing well. (But I guess he never has). It's not purely he is defensive that makes him seem weird to me, it is just a lot of things added together.

And here, you're doing something similar with TDS. And this isn't an explanation. What about his play seems "weird" to you, specifically? I know why it seems weird to me, I want to know why it seems weird to you. And I want to know why you seem to have a hard time answering that question. Examples and explanations, please?

NativeForeigner

Interesting question, but why are you not asking ToonyMan? He seemed pretty adamant he'd caught Pufferfish in the act. If he's lying, I want to know why from him, not speculations from his accused. This isn't even a fair question to ask.

How about it, ToonyMan? Care to share now that you've been called out on the carpet?

+!!scientist!!+

I'll have you know that your name screws up my tracking spreadsheet. You don't compute. :P

1. I get the problems with Caz's statement that made you switch sides had a few problems, (while he didn't directly say he was town, he said but You switched sides so fast and didn't bother to answer the arguments he gave against you. That seems like a way of avoiding the argument. Also, if you knew that a lot of townies were lynching a townie, saying that the people voting were scum would be a good way of raising suspicions within the town. If you are scum, I suspect you saw your plan didn't work, saw that the guy was starting to accuse you and siding with him only made his argument better, and so decided to accuse him.

Same thing I addressed with SBC above. Caz did actually explicit Town-claim, as well as adamantly insist not-scum several times. How does that affect your assessment of SBC's answer?
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: January 13, 2014, 01:35:33 pm »

NativeForeigner

Interesting question, but why are you not asking ToonyMan? He seemed pretty adamant he'd caught Pufferfish in the act. If he's lying, I want to know why from him, not speculations from his accused. This isn't even a fair question to ask.

How about it, ToonyMan? Care to share now that you've been called out on the carpet?

I didn't ask ToonyMan because I'm confident enough that he'll address the matter on his own. Didn't really feel the need to ask for something he's probably going to offer up anyway. The reason I asked the accused for his opinion is to get a better idea of how likely it is he's lying about ToonyMan lying. To me, it seems like SCIENTIST is just trying to get another townie out of the way before he goes down. I just want to see where his head is at.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 13, 2014, 07:08:25 pm »

Yep I was bluffing.  Ideally, I would have had scum make up an answer but it seems he either noticed that or is genuinely telling the truth.  I believe the latter for now.  I didn't have a solid read on Pufferfish and wanted to at least hit at something for Day 2, but then I realized they wouldn't be coming back (no time no time remember) and sort of sat on my hands, but with the replacement it works out.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: January 13, 2014, 07:15:05 pm »

Oh right, something I was thinking about at work today.

This is just a theory, but with the one-extension-per-player-only rule there can be some interesting meta.

For example, scum should not hold onto their extensions, this is because at the end of the game only a few people will have extensions, extensions help town for the most part.  If there's two players left with extensions and only one is willing to extend, then that looks a lot more town.  So to counter this the scum would probably want to extend as early as possible when it's much less useful and won't have the pressure of much needed extends towards the end.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 13, 2014, 10:09:42 pm »

Yep I was bluffing.  Ideally, I would have had scum make up an answer but it seems he either noticed that or is genuinely telling the truth.  I believe the latter for now.  I didn't have a solid read on Pufferfish and wanted to at least hit at something for Day 2, but then I realized they wouldn't be coming back (no time no time remember) and sort of sat on my hands, but with the replacement it works out.

I see your methods, but I don't think claiming that someone who is not here to respond is scum is actually beneficial to the town, especially when you claim to give irrefutable evidence of scuminess, but change your mind when pressured for details. I'm voting ToonyMan for this.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 13, 2014, 10:12:06 pm »

Oh right, something I was thinking about at work today.

This is just a theory, but with the one-extension-per-player-only rule there can be some interesting meta.

For example, scum should not hold onto their extensions, this is because at the end of the game only a few people will have extensions, extensions help town for the most part.  If there's two players left with extensions and only one is willing to extend, then that looks a lot more town.  So to counter this the scum would probably want to extend as early as possible when it's much less useful and won't have the pressure of much needed extends towards the end.
Ehh? Hmm. Seems plausible as a generality.

I see your methods, but I don't think claiming that someone who is not here to respond is scum is actually beneficial to the town, especially when you claim to give irrefutable evidence of scuminess, but change your mind when pressured for details. I'm voting ToonyMan for this.
I love how you ignore me, you know.

Why don't you think so? He could be doing it as pressure, for those notes, and he did give details--bluffing doesn't seem that much as a tell given Toony's case.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 13, 2014, 10:14:45 pm »

Why don't you think so? He could be doing it as pressure, for those notes, and he did give details--bluffing doesn't seem that much as a tell given Toony's case.

The reason that I suspect him is because he was pressuring someone who wasn't really active and who wouldn't really respond to inquiries. Now that the inactive player is replaced and people are questioning Toony, he stop his claim - suggesting that he was just trying to waste a lynch.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 13, 2014, 10:24:21 pm »

Tiruin
SuperBlackCat: Did you take notice of my query to you? Please tell me you aren't-didn't, actually-miss this.
You were busy doing...?
But let me ask you, was I correct? Against Caz, I pressured her[...]
Caz is a cuddly wuddly male and you should know that. >:I

Though I guess he finds it amusing that you think he's female.

Also so you don't have to click my link given you use a tablet and I don't know how that works:

What [exactly] do you see in TDS' posts that make him worthy of your vote? What are your general reads on the populace?
Specifics edited in and detailed with brackets.

I'm blind...

Alright, When I read his posts, it makes me cringe inside. I've gone back, reread it, and thought why it does, and it comes down to this.

When a town is defensive, I usually expect, and see, a town appealing very hard, trying to not be lynched, and just trying.

The way TDS is being defensive seems an offhand, Are you sure? way. It's like when you ask someone something, and they blow it off with sarcasm, that seems scummy to me. Just reading through TDS's posts again, almost all of them never directly goes against you (which you would expect someone who is/was voting you, and being defensive against your attack). But instead, he just blows them off.

PS: Makeinu, can you explain Uncanny Valley here. Because I don't want to re-explain my thinking here.

You mean this...

But let me ask you, was I correct? Against Caz, I pressured her to give me more, with the 'You are sticking out with like a sore thumb' post. She herself believed that she was acting scummy, but didn't mention she wasn't scum. It seemed weird to me, so I pushed it. She never replied iirc, and she died. I was correct that she was not scum... And it was too fast and too many. I'm going to hazard a guess that within the people who voted Caz, there is at least 1 scum. I'm going to guess 2.

It's easy in retrospect to say, "But I was right!" Hindsight is 20/20, but it's also not actually a defense of anything.

Caz actually said several times that he wasn't scum. In this post, there's an explicit town claim, in fact. Which just goes back to what I'm reading as your meta-style, that you don't really read the thread thoroughly, don't take notes, whatever it is. Maybe it's just that you're used to playing mafia at a faster pace, and keeping up with a forum game is too slow for you, or maybe it's something else entirely.

But here's the thing: you didn't get on Caz for acting scummy and not defending himself, or town-claiming (which he did), or any of that. You just... I dunno, pressed him a bit with the post you mentioned and then really didn't pursue anything at all. No vote on Caz, no pressure on anyone voting him, nothing. Just an RVS vote on TDS that sat for a long while before it was retracted under questioning.

Now Against TDS. He maintains an argument with Tiruin, Obviously deflects several of them, or doesn't answer them. At least not in a sensible way. He's not playing well. (But I guess he never has). It's not purely he is defensive that makes him seem weird to me, it is just a lot of things added together.

And here, you're doing something similar with TDS. And this isn't an explanation. What about his play seems "weird" to you, specifically? I know why it seems weird to me, I want to know why it seems weird to you. And I want to know why you seem to have a hard time answering that question. Examples and explanations, please?

NativeForeigner

+!!scientist!!+

I'll have you know that your name screws up my tracking spreadsheet. You don't compute. :P

1. I get the problems with Caz's statement that made you switch sides had a few problems, (while he didn't directly say he was town, he said but You switched sides so fast and didn't bother to answer the arguments he gave against you. That seems like a way of avoiding the argument. Also, if you knew that a lot of townies were lynching a townie, saying that the people voting were scum would be a good way of raising suspicions within the town. If you are scum, I suspect you saw your plan didn't work, saw that the guy was starting to accuse you and siding with him only made his argument better, and so decided to accuse him.

Same thing I addressed with SBC above. Caz did actually explicit Town-claim, as well as adamantly insist not-scum several times. How does that affect your assessment of SBC's answer?

You mean this...

Makeinu, I agreed with Caz's posts, up till the point where he threw up his arms, and said that he himself was scummy. It seemed to be me that either he was scum, and tried to throw in WIFOM, or gave up. As the day was ending, it seemed that he gave up, especially since he didn't even bother to come back and try to squeeze in a time.

For TDS: I addressed it in Tiruin's response above. ^

If you have questions, please asked.

Why do you think his play is wierd?

Also, the reason why my posts has been shit is because I've been getting re-revved up for school, and Usually BM comes up before Limerick, and by the time I do go through Limerick, I should be doing HW. >.>

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: January 13, 2014, 10:29:51 pm »

Vote Count:

Elephant Parade: 
Tiruin: 
TheDarkStar:  Superblackcat, Tiruin
Superblackcat:  ToonyMan, makeinu, +!!scientist!!+
+!!scientist!!+:  NativeForeigner
makeinu: 
Urist Imiknorris: 
ToonyMan:  TheDarkStar
NativeForeigner: 

No Lynch:

Not Voting:  Elephant Parade, Urist Imiknorris

Day 2 will last until Wednesday, 1/15 at 11 PM EST.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 13, 2014, 10:42:12 pm »

smallpost

The way TDS is being defensive seems an offhand, Are you sure? way. It's like when you ask someone something, and they blow it off with sarcasm, that seems scummy to me. Just reading through TDS's posts again, almost all of them never directly goes against you (which you would expect someone who is/was voting you, and being defensive against your attack). But instead, he just blows them off.
...He's ignoring me, is the thing I don't like. He can take the time to 'QUICKPOSTNAO' but can't even take the time to answer simple questions--even questions on how what he learned from the BM/general games he played so anyone who cared could at least know how he ticks.

Ugh. I am repeating myself over and over and..can you not really see what I'm talking about with him? Project yourself in my shoes and see how I tried talking to him, and I'm just totally lost. He says x and y and seemingly doesn't even think about what he's saying--he doesn't back up any accusation that exists.

He even unvoted despite all those allegations pegged on me. He didn't humor me with that ad hominem crap.

So yeah.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 14, 2014, 12:13:11 am »

Unvote. I'll reevaluate the situation later.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 14, 2014, 01:00:59 am »

Day 2 will last until Wednesday, 1/15 at 11 PM EST.

...Unvote.
OK. TDS: Why aren't you replying to those other questions I give you? Could you also answer why you seem to be more responsive here?
Also why are you being picky in answering questions?

Superblackcat: I'd like to know how you see those voting you. What sense can you make of them.

PFP because:
> Thesis stuffs x_x
>
I'll reevaluate the situation later.

OOC
Also, the reason why my posts has been shit is because I've been getting re-revved up for school, and Usually BM comes up before Limerick, and by the time I do go through Limerick, I should be doing HW. >.>
Prioritize those HWs :O
Also, if you can't give a post, make it short yet concise, ok?

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 14, 2014, 02:05:15 am »

Superblackcat:

When a town is defensive, I usually expect, and see, a town appealing very hard, trying to not be lynched, and just trying.

Why do you think his play is wierd?

For pretty much the same reasons. I can never figure what he's thinking, or doing, or what. I've not seen anyone play the way he does.

And it's consistent in it's... opacity, abrasiveness, everything. He played this way in Paranormal 23. He's playing this way in that one Glyph is running right now. I haven't read further back. Now, this and that other are still running, and he's still alive, so the only thing I can compare to for meta (without digging, which I don't have time for at the moment) is Paranormal 23, where his play looked scummy and he was scum. Since I haven't seen one where he's flipped Town, I've no comparison to make.

Plus, meta is only marginally useful anyway. Any halfway decent player knows their meta and tells, and uses that as a weapon.

Unvote.

My opinions haven't changed, but... I need to think.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 57