Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 57

Author Topic: Limerick Mafia - AABBA [Game Over!]  (Read 122359 times)

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Double Tap [Day 2] [Replacement Needed]
« Reply #480 on: January 14, 2014, 02:07:48 am »

Oh right, something I was thinking about at work today.

This is just a theory, but with the one-extension-per-player-only rule there can be some interesting meta.

For example, scum should not hold onto their extensions, this is because at the end of the game only a few people will have extensions, extensions help town for the most part.  If there's two players left with extensions and only one is willing to extend, then that looks a lot more town.  So to counter this the scum would probably want to extend as early as possible when it's much less useful and won't have the pressure of much needed extends towards the end.

Meh. Too much meta.

Using a one-shot extension has the double benefit of looking town, because scum-meta is shut down conversations, end days on lynches, especially mis-lynches, because they don't care who the town hangs.

Have another glass of wine. I hear the poison is weaker the higher the dose.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 14, 2014, 02:10:47 am »

Tiruin:

STOP DOING THIS!!!

TDS

...Unvote.

My poor spreadsheet is rubbing holes in it from the eraser!
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 14, 2014, 02:12:29 am »

I'm really in conflict whether he's actually taking it personal or actually just being useless. He has the gall to suggest 'someone investigate me' yet he doesn't bring up his own case to hit me about it.

While I'd love to see him dead, seeing the...body count now makes me consider my many other hands rather than the two I have, and they're all stuck in this darn re-read.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 14, 2014, 02:19:14 am »

Could you link me to where he says "someone investigate me"?

I'm waiting for them to log on and see my post.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 14, 2014, 02:49:16 am »

He never said that, he said 'investigate Tiruin', and is not voting me despite considering me a 'moderate scum' or something paraphrased.

Yeah, brief re-read in that lurkertracker? TheDarkStar.

I cannot ignore how much he's ignoring, and blatantly replacing without due detailing on why. While there are moments of him..contradicting my suspicions in a right way, I find it curious why he's issuing those kinds of remarks (and suspicions) here, I mean look at the detail. This seemingly takes work. [also I guess its this investigate thing you ask, SBC?] Something which I find lacking in his holistic playstyle, but a better idea on what his intent is, if ever.

Problem? He ignores most everything else, and comes up with a sandy case against me, thus conferring that kind of detail. I see many, many, many accusations--and without detail, they stand unfounded and just opinions. Serious accusations, however, don't help me see why he can't back them up.

Meaning: I think he's fluffing it, and providing context without much detail. The redeeming side..somehow..I see in how he posts. I don't think I can describe it easy, or if at all but..yeah, intuition: this is your call that he's innocent, but not to me..

Anyway, I really think we need more chat here. People?

Current reads:

1. Elephant Parade - Erh, more of a gray read. He's been sick and the most I've been seeing of him are impulse-posts, reactions to what's in the thread (as in, near the last page >.>) and while some notices of him [25-26] speak of his analysis pattern, I'm remaining quite neutral on him, though a lying more on town due to..his reasoning. Inexperience wise, I doubt that him as Mafia would be that clouded (ie evasive from RL and then posting sensibly, but that's a passing thought). How he structures his post and its wording also add to that read.

Elephant Parade: I'd like a concise list of who you suspect and why, when you're better, thanks.

3. Tiruin [E] - I am me. I is town.

4. TheDarkStar - Detailed above. I don't like his playstyle, and if town--he's doing the worst job I've ever seen of helping the town (other than saying 'someone investigate Tiruin' without any other backing; while I'm ok with this, the notice of some command doesn't bode well with the role list given. Thinking of the role list doesn't help.

5. Superblackcat [E] - Leaning a tiny bit town-ish. While there are tiny msitakes in how he structures his posts, he seems to be actively hunting (and, given my own experiences with him [non-biased], I see sincerity through how he makes out his movements). Though, his suspect list is...more on superficial basis, somewhat.

SBC: Could you detail more, your reads on people? Why exactly are you voting TDS? What makes him stand out?

6. +!!scientist!!+ - Replacing Pufferfish (which I'd like the OP to update thanks). Starting at [5], I can see quite the astute checking on others. Problem being that I found it..a bit missing. However, in addition to the queries posed at him, I can't glean anything else other than a subjective outlook, and a null grey. Could I ask for a few reads on the general populace? You did state that you've gotten quite caught up before replacing in.
9. makeinu [E]
10. Urist Imiknorris
11. ToonyMan
12. NativeForeigner

...for 9-12, I'll re-read it all later. I haven't spent much time in this game rather than the rest but I've kept notes--will link both in that 'later'.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 14, 2014, 03:04:34 am »

@Tiruin: I'm feeling a bit better, so I'm going to try to reread the thread. Depending on how much time I have, I'll read either D2 or the whole thing.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 14, 2014, 07:16:36 pm »

Sorry about being gone yesterday, unplanned stuff came up. anyway:

@SuperBlackCat:
since you've shown you sometimes miss stuff I thought I'd try and draw your attention. I'd still like to hear a response to this post. I'd also like to add that, as makeinu said, Caz did directly claim town at points, but because I missed them and you could have two I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that one. What I'd like is to know exactly what your thought process was when you seemed to think that Caz was the target of the mafia and you were voting for him at the same time, that is my most major concern about you at the moment.

All things considered, though, you are no longer the person I suspect most. unvote.
Do not take that as permission to ignore what I said.

@Toonyman

So, at least you came clean about your bluff, but that doesn't really help how bad you look at this time. Looking back at what's happened this day, all you have done is lie, lie to avoid it being obvious you lied, defended the dark star, indirectly and directly advised the dark star. And while you asked people to clarify a few things, and acted suspicious of a few other people, you've only made two votes, one of which happened to be based on a lie, and the other of which I think has been addressed.

I that weren't enough, your overall attitude and perspective would suggest you're scum. As I mentioned above, You've only made two votes, and if you were town I think you'd have FOS'd me, not voted for me, as you had no real reason to think I was scum. You've also talked about strategy on two occasions, both from the perspective of scum. I'll quote the two posts here:
@Tiruin:
Why is it the obvious scum kill? How was he a strong town read? Perhaps it was only a strong read for you? (Actually I share the read on Caz but still. Opinions Opinions. I wish to know more about your thoughts Toony.)
"Why is it the obvious scum kill."
One hour before Day 1 lynch:
I don't think Caz is the correct lynch for today. He's been very active and I don't really think he's scummy.
If anybody were to say that, that would make them an easy choice to kill since this quote gives townie points.  It is the obvious scum kill.

"How was he a strong town read?"
Do you mean ZU?  Because his reasoning was right about Caz.  That is also why he died.  I addition, I found ZU as a town read before day end because his questioning of you (Tiruin) was reasonably sound, it was about if there's an SK, and I didn't agree with your counterargument.  I made amends and un-voted afterwards though.
Oh right, something I was thinking about at work today.

This is just a theory, but with the one-extension-per-player-only rule there can be some interesting meta.

For example, scum should not hold onto their extensions, this is because at the end of the game only a few people will have extensions, extensions help town for the most part.  If there's two players left with extensions and only one is willing to extend, then that looks a lot more town.  So to counter this the scum would probably want to extend as early as possible when it's much less useful and won't have the pressure of much needed extends towards the end.
In the first one, rather than talking about who the scum are, you talk about how ZU was the "obvious" scum kill, why did you think it was necessary to say it in the first place, looking at the original post Tiruin quoted, ZU being an obvious target is mentioned for barely any reason at all.

The second post, however, is even more disturbing for me. Rather than say that the scum could do X and we should watch out for it. You say they should do X because it will help them win the game. That phrasing basically outright states you don't care about what's best for the town, but instead what's best for the scum. All in all, ToonyMan, I'm almost certain you're scum.

@makeinu
+!!scientist!!+

I'll have you know that your name screws up my tracking spreadsheet. You don't compute. :P

-snip-

Same thing I addressed with SBC above. Caz did actually explicit Town-claim, as well as adamantly insist not-scum several times. How does that affect your assessment of SBC's answer?
I'm sorry about your spreadsheet, though from a mix of this post and the post about rubbing holes in it, I can't tell what kind of spreadsheet it is. Either you were exaggerating about the holes in it, you have two spreadsheets in different formats, or you managed to rub your eraser through your monitor, which would be impressive.

As for SBC, I hope I have made that clear above.

@Triruin

Okay, so you've asked for a few things, and here they are:

First, a few questions I think I can answer at once:
> Why did SBC get your mention firsthand, before anything else? For someone keeping abreast of the proceedings, I find it quite peculiar that you take interest in someone being defensive (...In which I hope to ratify the two meanings of defensive: The dictionary, and the Mafia meaning)
> O_o Ehh? You find lying equal to a FoS, yet a subjective case towards SBC on definition of terms for a vote? Err..ok? What is your view on Toony, and all those who have voted him (look in the lurkertracker for a list)
>
If you address these arguments with real and valid counterarguments, I am willing to believe you're town. (though it will take more than a few lines to convince me.) As it stands, however, you have done nothing to suggest you're innocent.
Huh, so if he's able to address it correctly, you're willing to correct your suspicions. Why so? What benefit do valid counterarguments present compared to your read on him before that?
This all has to do with my play style. I'd explain my play style, but that would reduce its effectiveness. I will however state that I am nearly always willing to forgive people and state that I am willing to do so for a few reasons, but mainly because doing this keeps town from feeling like there's no way they can survive. This prevents the self destructive path of giving up that we've already seen.

>
Quote from: Note on TDS
2. [...]I'm not sure about TDS, I think that he either is scum, or doesn't care about the game, can't decide which one is more likely, but I definitely don't think there's enough to be able to vote for him with little reason given.[...]
Tell me if I'm taking this out of context--but really? What exact posts did he do that make you feel like such? Please expound your insight on him, and between him and me-if it would give better detail.

Because I've lost quite a lot of hair dealing with TDS and I think there's more than enough to be able to vote him--however, it is to be noted that his style...deviates from conventional Mafia knowledge, and hence am acting why I am now: What do you think about that?
The general feel I get from TDS is that he doesn't really seem to care. This is just my opinion, but I think I feel this way because he seems to have missed more posts than he's ignored, and he isn't replying with much text. As someone who's been in the situation of being the most suspected, primarily for being defensive, I would think he'd be trying everything he could to seem non-defensive and he would at least fake scumhunt without end, whatever team he was on, that is if he took the game seriously. As I've said, though, this is only my own opinion, and it is likely biased and definitely less experienced, so I still think you could easily be right.

I'll post my opinions on other people when my homework's done and my browser is working again.
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 14, 2014, 07:20:29 pm »

Toony: Why were you absent, anyway? I recount the day's votes and...it has been more calm than not, from you. Pretty inactive today.

Anything up, there?

PFP because my net connection decided to hilariously cut out when I was making that reread. :I Gonna post later as I think Toaster's timezone is..12 or so hours behind mine. It's 8:20am at the time of this post.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 14, 2014, 07:24:56 pm »

The general feel I get from TDS is that he doesn't really seem to care. This is just my opinion, but I think I feel this way because he seems to have missed more posts than he's ignored, and he isn't replying with much text. As someone who's been in the situation of being the most suspected, primarily for being defensive, I would think he'd be trying everything he could to seem non-defensive and he would at least fake scumhunt without end, whatever team he was on, that is if he took the game seriously. As I've said, though, this is only my own opinion, and it is likely biased and definitely less experienced, so I still think you could easily be right.
...To be fair, I'd love to believe you, I really would. But TDS..shows a different light to me. He's on the same path in the ignorance category, but the 'not care'-ing part sides more with apathy, especially given the accusations he's leveled against me, it doesn't make any sense and especially when they're just thrown out. I mean, any person would back up their shouting, even more so if Town, for me. Though I guess my viewpoint differs from others as I'm the one who primarily questioned him than not.

@Triruin
I've a fancy name. :))

This all has to do with my play style. I'd explain my play style, but that would reduce its effectiveness.
...I explained my playstyle, and its still quite working out for me. This is reasonable though, I can fairly get what you're doing.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 14, 2014, 07:52:16 pm »

@Triruin
I've a fancy name. :))
There are three of you now!
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 14, 2014, 07:54:36 pm »

@Tiruin: Because I'm horrible at actually reading questions properly before I do things, have a complete list of my reads on every single person in the game!

I have fully completed so many "do part of this question" math problems. Every time I do, I look at the question, and then I think DARN IT I NEED TO ACTUALLY LOOK AT THINGS.

Spoiler: Reads (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 14, 2014, 08:12:27 pm »

Vote Count:

Elephant Parade: 
Tiruin: 
TheDarkStar:  Superblackcat, Tiruin
Superblackcat:  ToonyMan
+!!scientist!!+: 
makeinu: 
Urist Imiknorris: 
ToonyMan:  TheDarkStar, +!!scientist!!+
NativeForeigner: 

No Lynch:

Not Voting:  Elephant Parade, Urist Imiknorris, NativeForeigner, makeinu

Day 2 will last until Wednesday, 1/15 at 11 PM EST.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 14, 2014, 09:12:04 pm »

Brief reply, more later.

makeinu: Spent most of D1 debating hypothetical scenarios without really asking many questions. Seems to be acting a bit less agressive than he was in BM Sprint. Acted very offended here, when asked to explain his reasoning for voting Caz, making it possible that he's scum jumping on a bandwagon.

Your link is broken, points to no post of mine.

Imperial Guardsman: Had brief posts. Asked a bunch of people generic RVS questions when RVS was sort of over. Hasn't posted much. VOTED FOR HIMSELF DESPITE THE FACT THAT YOU SHOULD NEVER DO THAT EVER. Leaned scum or poor/uncaring town. Was killed by Caz.

Actually, he didn't vote for himself. The lurker tracker shows that he did, but if you check, he explains after being questioned that he screwed up quoting a post.

Tiruin:

Busy busy busy, bad internet, I forgive you, but I'd love the rest of your reads.

"+!!scientist!!+":

I make joke.

I'm tracking votes and suspicions in Google Sheets. When I made copy pasta of your name, GS interpreted it as an equation. Tiruin keeps voting and unvoting and voting and unvoting. Seriously,  check it:

Day 2   Tiruin   votes   TheDarkStar   for reaction voting
Day 2   Tiruin   unvotes
Day 2   Tiruin   votes   TheDarkStar   for avoiding questions
Day 2   Tiruin   unvotes      
Day 2   Tiruin   votes   TheDarkStar   for general scummyness

Well, okay, that's... not actually that many, but it's the back-and-forth voting on TDS I was joking about.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 14, 2014, 09:17:23 pm »

Well, okay, that's... not actually that many, but it's the back-and-forth voting on TDS I was joking about.
...This is true, because I am swamped with my thoughts. I'm unsure if he's enjoying it, either. >_>

But yeah. My votecount in the lurkertracker is a mirror. TDS-TDS-TDS. Blargh.
Busy busy busy, bad internet, I forgive you, but I'd love the rest of your reads.
Thanks for understanding. My net hates me too. >_<

Going to post them later on.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 14, 2014, 09:22:50 pm »

makeinu: Spent most of D1 debating hypothetical scenarios without really asking many questions. Seems to be acting a bit less agressive than he was in BM Sprint. Acted very offended here, when asked to explain his reasoning for voting Caz, making it possible that he's scum jumping on a bandwagon.
Your link is broken, points to no post of mine.
Copy Link Location has failed me, it seems. I shall search out the post.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 57