Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 57

Author Topic: Limerick Mafia - AABBA [Game Over!]  (Read 122288 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Double Tap [Day 2] [Replacement Needed]
« Reply #450 on: January 12, 2014, 05:20:58 pm »

+!!scientist!!+ has replaced Pufferfish.

It seems you still need a replacement, I'd be willing to fill that spot, though I warn you I've only been in one BM, and was lynched on the first day. I'll leave the decision as to whether that's enough experience up to you guys. I have read all the rules, though, and I've read a good deal of what's happened.

Good enough for me!  I'll send you the relevant information.

I'm going to need a replacement.

At least I don't have to change the title now!

Vote Count:

Elephant Parade: 
Tiruin: 
TheDarkStar:  Superblackcat
Superblackcat:  ToonyMan, makeinu
+!!scientist!!+:  NativeForeigner
makeinu: 
Urist Imiknorris: 
ToonyMan: 
NativeForeigner: 

No Lynch:

Not Voting:  Elephant Parade, +!!scientist!!+, Tiruin, Urist Imiknorris, TheDarkStar

Makeinu has used his extension.
Tiruin has used her extension.

Day 2 will last until Wednesday, 1/15 at 11 PM EST.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: January 12, 2014, 05:23:54 pm »

We need to start talking before the end of the day, or at least come to a consensus on the vote. As said, we're heading to MyLo if we don't vote.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 12, 2014, 09:00:37 pm »

Umm, toaster, I need a role here, sent you a PM.
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: January 12, 2014, 09:01:20 pm »

[...]

Fair enough, unvote. I'll try to provide more information in the future, though, to avoid another 5 page argument.
Why did you unvote?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: January 12, 2014, 09:07:37 pm »

[...]

Fair enough, unvote. I'll try to provide more information in the future, though, to avoid another 5 page argument.
Why did you unvote?

Because our argument is literally going nowhere. Neither of us were actually able to convince anyone of what we were saying. I'd like someone who has an applicable role to track/rolecheck you, though, just to see what's going on.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 12, 2014, 09:09:43 pm »

...So you don't see any reason in my counter-accusations on you, and you don't see anything in your own accusations against me, therefore you wish someone would investigate me to prove me 'right'. Is that the case?

Could you PLEASE answer my question given that you had enough time to...read? >_>

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: January 12, 2014, 09:30:22 pm »

EBWOP

And by 'question' I mean the one in that post, and the ones here.

Because you fail to address me correctly, if at all, anymore. Ever since.

I feel it is futile even talking about this since you purposely ignore me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: January 12, 2014, 09:39:00 pm »

Oh, and a last thing--shifting back to my own viewpoint.

[...]

Why did you unvote?

Because our argument is literally going nowhere. Neither of us were actually able to convince anyone of what we were saying. I'd like someone who has an applicable role to track/rolecheck you, though, just to see what's going on.
Define 'literally going nowhere' in relation to where our argument is going, please.

Because you accused me for quite a damn lot. You spat in my face and slapped my cheek, slung mud at my clothes and dirtied my outlook. You accused me of far too much, and then relent this way?

Do you not realize the point of pushing a case? While I do realize that -MAYBE- your experience would come from RL Mafia, it does not make sense why you'd drop such an...EVERYTHING, and say it isn't proceeding anywhere. I mean, people will look back in the future--I see you've enough sense in you to not modify your posts.

So what the hell is it with you and 'convincing' others? You don't even back up your posts!

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 12, 2014, 09:54:11 pm »

Oh, and a last thing--shifting back to my own viewpoint.

[...]
Define 'literally going nowhere' in relation to where our argument is going, please.

Maybe you misunderstand. I have a moderately scummy read on you, but I can't prove much more past what I have said; I'm waiting for someone with an applicable role (like gunsmith) to check you and provide more evidence.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 12, 2014, 10:41:31 pm »

Ok, Reading what's happened recently, there is one person who I am pretty sure is scum, and as he has the most votes at the moment, I'd like to keep it that way.

SuperBlackCat

First post that stuck out to me:
Lies! All I see are strings of code Tiruin! :P

Urist: Nothing actually, I'm currently debating with whom to start.
The most obvious thing here is that most of the way through the first day, and he still wasn't even trying to scumhunt. That would be suspicious on it's own, but he is also, as he does in many other places, brushing aside a persons argument without any real explanation.

Another thing that caught my attention was his interaction with the late Caz. At first, rather saying that Caz was innocent, he said that everyone accusing Caz was Scum, for the reason that the votes were stacking up to fast. That argument didn't make a lot of sense to me, as rapid votes against one person often happen without scum help, normally it's more because someone made a convincing argument against the person. More importantly, after his random accusation move didn't work, he said this:
Heh Caz, Why are you arguing against yourself!

It's because you don't stick out like a sore thumb... yet. Actually this post makes you kinda stick out like a sore thumb. That uncanny valley think Makeinu was talking about.
This was in response to a generally regular post from Caz which doesn't look that scummy to me. More importantly, the post also included:
It's too fast and too many.
Because I look scummy? Why're you defending me, SBC? Know that I'll flip town and want to appear on the right side of smart town? Having no suspects at all this late in the day is very lazy, also.
Note how this argument makes complete sense, especially in retrospect, and superblackcat completely ignored it.

Now their is his interaction with TheDarkStar:
First is this post: (size changes removed for sake of space)
TheDarkStar

This is where my post is to you by the way. I'd like it if you answered my questions. I am resizing this for you to see it, thank you! :)

(I resized it smaller for you)

I had RL going on earlier, so I was able to make only some short posts; I also changed color because I did not have time to fully explain my vote for Caz. I bet you've noticed how I've posted less over the last few days (in more than one thread); this is because RL started to happen. I'll have more time now, though, so I'll be replying more. Just remember that sometimes people aren't there to read your posts every second of the day.

Take your yelling to someone else, where the problem is being scum and not having a few days of RL going on.

Nice Job Not Answering the question! I think you need glasses.
As stated later, TheDarkStar actually did answer the question, if not exactly well. SuperBlackCat's post wouldn't be very suspicious, if he didn't later post this gem:
@Superblackcat:
Quote from: Superblackcat on Today at 04:45:13 pm
TDS. Much Defensive.
Wow.
You do a good job, of doing a bad job.
Is that it?  Have other thoughts or concerns?
Do I need any other reasons? I think being so defensive is a scum tell. And you can pretty much see it in the past two pages.
Being defensive is a very bad reason, as townies will do it just as much as, if not more than, (which is the case IMHO) scum. He also admits that this is his only reason, which his horrendously suspicious, as earlier he said he didn't feel like scum hunting because he couldn't find anything suspicious. I find it hard to believe that, if Superblackcat were really scumhunting, the only things he was able to find in two days was TheDarkStar being reasonably defensive and Caz "sticking out like a sore thumb" for no apparent reason other than his sensible arguments against SuperBlackcat.

There were also multiple cases where SuperBlackCat seemed perfectly happy to annoy and anger others, relatively minor, and if people want me to bring up quotes I can.

Between the deflection, random accusation, unfounded accusation, bandwagoning, and general attitude, it is obvious to me that Superblackcat is scum.

@SuperBlackCat:
If you address these arguments with real and valid counterarguments, I am willing to believe you're town. (though it will take more than a few lines to convince me.) As it stands, however, you have done nothing to suggest you're innocent.

"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 12, 2014, 10:48:38 pm »

Ok, Reading what's happened recently, there is one person who I am pretty sure is scum, and as he has the most votes at the moment, I'd like to keep it that way.

SuperBlackCat

First post that stuck out to me:
Lies! All I see are strings of code Tiruin! :P

Urist: Nothing actually, I'm currently debating with whom to start.
The most obvious thing here is that most of the way through the first day, and he still wasn't even trying to scumhunt. That would be suspicious on it's own, but he is also, as he does in many other places, brushing aside a persons argument without any real explanation.

Another thing that caught my attention was his interaction with the late Caz. At first, rather saying that Caz was innocent, he said that everyone accusing Caz was Scum, for the reason that the votes were stacking up to fast. That argument didn't make a lot of sense to me, as rapid votes against one person often happen without scum help, normally it's more because someone made a convincing argument against the person. More importantly, after his random accusation move didn't work, he said this:
Heh Caz, Why are you arguing against yourself!

It's because you don't stick out like a sore thumb... yet. Actually this post makes you kinda stick out like a sore thumb. That uncanny valley think Makeinu was talking about.
This was in response to a generally regular post from Caz which doesn't look that scummy to me. More importantly, the post also included:
It's too fast and too many.
Because I look scummy? Why're you defending me, SBC? Know that I'll flip town and want to appear on the right side of smart town? Having no suspects at all this late in the day is very lazy, also.
Note how this argument makes complete sense, especially in retrospect, and superblackcat completely ignored it.

Now their is his interaction with TheDarkStar:
First is this post: (size changes removed for sake of space)
TheDarkStar

This is where my post is to you by the way. I'd like it if you answered my questions. I am resizing this for you to see it, thank you! :)

(I resized it smaller for you)

I had RL going on earlier, so I was able to make only some short posts; I also changed color because I did not have time to fully explain my vote for Caz. I bet you've noticed how I've posted less over the last few days (in more than one thread); this is because RL started to happen. I'll have more time now, though, so I'll be replying more. Just remember that sometimes people aren't there to read your posts every second of the day.

Take your yelling to someone else, where the problem is being scum and not having a few days of RL going on.

Nice Job Not Answering the question! I think you need glasses.
As stated later, TheDarkStar actually did answer the question, if not exactly well. SuperBlackCat's post wouldn't be very suspicious, if he didn't later post this gem:
@Superblackcat:
Quote from: Superblackcat on Today at 04:45:13 pm
TDS. Much Defensive.
Wow.
You do a good job, of doing a bad job.
Is that it?  Have other thoughts or concerns?
Do I need any other reasons? I think being so defensive is a scum tell. And you can pretty much see it in the past two pages.
Being defensive is a very bad reason, as townies will do it just as much as, if not more than, (which is the case IMHO) scum. He also admits that this is his only reason, which his horrendously suspicious, as earlier he said he didn't feel like scum hunting because he couldn't find anything suspicious. I find it hard to believe that, if Superblackcat were really scumhunting, the only things he was able to find in two days was TheDarkStar being reasonably defensive and Caz "sticking out like a sore thumb" for no apparent reason other than his sensible arguments against SuperBlackcat.

There were also multiple cases where SuperBlackCat seemed perfectly happy to annoy and anger others, relatively minor, and if people want me to bring up quotes I can.

Between the deflection, random accusation, unfounded accusation, bandwagoning, and general attitude, it is obvious to me that Superblackcat is scum.

@SuperBlackCat:
If you address these arguments with real and valid counterarguments, I am willing to believe you're town. (though it will take more than a few lines to convince me.) As it stands, however, you have done nothing to suggest you're innocent.

Alright, I agree that I wasn't really scum hunting in the early stages, wasn't even really here.

But let me ask you, was I correct? Against Caz, I pressured her to give me more, with the 'You are sticking out with like a sore thumb' post. She herself believed that she was acting scummy, but didn't mention she wasn't scum. It seemed weird to me, so I pushed it. She never replied iirc, and she died. I was correct that she was not scum... And it was too fast and too many. I'm going to hazard a guess that within the people who voted Caz, there is at least 1 scum. I'm going to guess 2.

Now Against TDS. He maintains an argument with Tiruin, Obviously deflects several of them, or doesn't answer them. At least not in a sensible way. He's not playing well. (But I guess he never has). It's not purely he is defensive that makes him seem weird to me, it is just a lot of things added together.

PS: Makeinu, can you explain Uncanny Valley here. Because I don't want to re-explain my thinking here.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 12, 2014, 10:57:54 pm »

@Pufferfish:
I know what you did last night.
Pufferfish: Mind elaborating for ToonyMan. What did you do last night? I tend to believe D2 claims like this because they have a tendency to backfire horrifically if the claimer is lying. Doesn't confirm his townhood, but I have little doubt behind the reason for the vote.
ToonyMan is lying, Puffer didn't do anything.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 12, 2014, 11:02:27 pm »

y'know. I believe scientist here, because pufferfish has been inactive in both mafia games.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 13, 2014, 12:06:58 am »

@SuperBlackCat, thank you for addressing my arguments, but I still have a few problems:

1. I get the problems with Caz's statement that made you switch sides had a few problems, (while he didn't directly say he was town, he said but You switched sides so fast and didn't bother to answer the arguments he gave against you. That seems like a way of avoiding the argument. Also, if you knew that a lot of townies were lynching a townie, saying that the people voting were scum would be a good way of raising suspicions within the town. If you are scum, I suspect you saw your plan didn't work, saw that the guy was starting to accuse you and siding with him only made his argument better, and so decided to accuse him.

2. You could have said there was more than just being defensive before, rather than deflecting, but you could also have better reasons. I'm not sure about TDS, I think that he either is scum, or doesn't care about the game, can't decide which one is more likely, but I definitely don't think there's enough to be able to vote for him with little reason given. It would be nice if you could give me better reasons than being defensive and a gut feeling.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 13, 2014, 12:18:11 am »

TDS: Personally, you've a bad forum playstyle.
Tell us why do you think I should be inspected, sincerely, by a gunsmith. Specifically.

I keep this in brevity because I suspect you're onto something (yet again..) yet keeping stuff to yourself.

Also you aren't answering my damned questions.

Aww, I'm attacking you now~ You gonna OMGUS be back, punk?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 57