Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 57

Author Topic: Limerick Mafia - AABBA [Game Over!]  (Read 122614 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Get the Show on the Road [Day 1]
« Reply #165 on: January 02, 2014, 12:43:17 pm »

Imperial Guardsman:
There is no cop in this setup. How is your question to Persus in any way relevant? Similarly with TDS and the lyncher suggestion. Also, at this point there is definitely enough information on which to base a vote (as you yourself demostrated), so why are you asking RVS questions at this point?
I failed to notice that there was no cop. Also, I just wanted to find out more about others playstyle.

As opposed to hunting scum?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 02, 2014, 12:58:24 pm »

I did. I said that it was almost entirely situational. A jailer randomly jailing is almost as bad as a vig who randomly shoots.

How? If the target is scum, their nightkill is prevented. If the target is town, you have a chance to save them from death.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 02, 2014, 01:15:38 pm »

I did. I said that it was almost entirely situational. A jailer randomly jailing is almost as bad as a vig who randomly shoots.

How? If the target is scum, their nightkill is prevented. If the target is town, you have a chance to save them from death.

A Jailkeeper acting at random is, at worst, harmless, even if he accidentally stops an investigation. A Vig acting at random is more likely to hit Town than not.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 02, 2014, 01:22:11 pm »

Oh THAT question. Thanks for clarifying.
I ended up defending him because I saw ZU using a flawed argument against him. Just because someone else suspects Tiruin does not make him my friend; ZU could be mafia and trying to get someone lynched, or (if there is one) one could be the SK and one could be mafia.
What flawed argument would that be?

TheDarkStar should respond to my post. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=134151.msg4871504#msg4871504

If you're looking for something else, clarify your question.
I want you to read the entire post. Its obvious to me you haven't done that yet.

How? ...
A Jailkeeper acting at random is, at worst, harmless, even if he accidentally stops an investigation. A Vig acting at random is more likely to hit Town than not.
Why are you answering from someone else?

Hate them with a passion. If the Town can't win on scum-hunting and the lynch using logic, then a rogue gunman acting on his own accord can't fix that. I've never seen a case where a Vig didn't end up doing more harm than good. Never.
Witches Coven 2, Roguelike 5 and one of the paranormals (21?18?) had vigs that only hit non-town.

Toaster: Native needs prod.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 02, 2014, 01:24:58 pm »

Vote Count:

Elephant Parade:
Persus13:
Tiruin: ToonyMan
TheDarkStar: Superblackcat, zombie urist
Superblackcat:
Pufferfish:
Imperial Guardsman: Urist Imiknorris
zombie urist:
makeinu: Tiruin, TheDarkStar
Urist Imiknorris:
ToonyMan: Pufferfish, Elephant Parade
NativeForeigner:
Caz: Persus13, makeinu, Imperial Guardsman

No Lynch:

Not Voting: NativeForeigner, Caz

Day 1 will last until Friday, 1/3 at 11 PM EST.

Toaster: Native needs prod.

He's not the only one.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 02, 2014, 01:34:10 pm »

How? ...
Why are you answering from someone else?

How is that not a rhetorical question? Caz answered it herself!

Bah....

Hate them with a passion. If the Town can't win on scum-hunting and the lynch using logic, then a rogue gunman acting on his own accord can't fix that. I've never seen a case where a Vig didn't end up doing more harm than good. Never.
Witches Coven 2, Roguelike 5 and one of the paranormals (21?18?) had vigs that only hit non-town.

Congratulations. You have successfully proven that your experiences differ from mine.

One game I ran, a true power-madness game (no one was Vanilla anything, 25 players, no role-flips, massive fun) one of my 7-player scum-team was a Vig who did not know the rest of the scum-team. He managed to kill three of his own allies before being spotted by a tracker and lynched.

Every other Vig I've seen has been Town-aligned and killed more Town than scum. Every time.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 02, 2014, 03:59:23 pm »

Quite sorry, New Years was hella.... busy.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 02, 2014, 04:17:58 pm »

Imperial Guardsman:
There is no cop in this setup. How is your question to Persus in any way relevant?
I was reading over the roles and noticed that the Hider is similar to a cop, except if they find mafia or an SK they die.

Makeinu: If you were a Vig, what would you do?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 02, 2014, 04:34:08 pm »

Imperial Guardsman:
There is no cop in this setup. How is your question to Persus in any way relevant?
I was reading over the roles and noticed that the Hider is similar to a cop, except if they find mafia or an SK they die.

Hider is a strange role. I've never seen one in play before.

Try not to be counter-productive.

If I didn't have a solid scum read, I'd skip a kill, because I don't like choosing targets at random. Not to say that I wouldn't pick a target and kill if I felt that my scum read was solid, just... if I wouldn't vote to lynch them, I wouldn't Vig-kill them either.

Same logic applies, to a lesser degree, if I had a target I thought scum, but where I was alone in thinking that. If I felt I had strong reason to suspect them but I couldn't convince others of that, then I'd examine my assumptions, and act accordingly. I mean, if I can't make the case enough to convince anyone else my logic is correct, then maybe my logic isn't correct, and I'd have to reassess before acting unilaterally. Miskills, whether a bad lynch or any other, will give info in the form of role-flips, but at what cost?

Hi, Superblackcat, welcome back from the holidays. Ready to engage with the game now?

If you were a Cop, and had your investigation nullified because your target was night-killed the night you checked them, how would you proceed the next day?

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 02, 2014, 05:19:44 pm »

Hi, Superblackcat, welcome back from the holidays. Ready to engage with the game now?

If you were a Cop, and had your investigation nullified because your target was night-killed the night you checked them, how would you proceed the next day?

Well, depends on the stage of the game.

How many people are alive? What do we know?

I'd probably do nothing.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 02, 2014, 06:06:04 pm »

Well, depends on the stage of the game.

How many people are alive? What do we know?

I'd probably do nothing.

1) MyLo, and no scum have been lynched.

2) One scum remains, but there's little to go on, nothing concrete.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 02, 2014, 07:21:02 pm »

I want you to read the entire post. Its obvious to me you haven't done that yet.

Why were you unable to read my answer to the other question directed to me?

Darkstar:

I believe ZU wants you to answer this:
First, read the implication. I'm slightly suspicious of him.
Second, Tiruin is the only person who can actually be defended in detail right now (since Persus has not posted yet).
Why defend someone you are suspicious of?
'

Oh THAT question. Thanks for clarifying.

I ended up defending him because I saw ZU using a flawed argument against him. Just because someone else suspects Tiruin does not make him my friend; ZU could be mafia and trying to get someone lynched, or (if there is one) one could be the SK and one could be mafia.

Read what I wrote. The entire post.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 02, 2014, 07:25:08 pm »

Imperial Guardsman:
This is true and kind of interesting.  It's not as useful though since a good investigation (one that reveals scum) goes wasted since you die.

Try not to be counter-productive.
If I didn't have a solid scum read, I'd skip a kill, because I don't like choosing targets at random. Not to say that I wouldn't pick a target and kill if I felt that my scum read was solid, just... if I wouldn't vote to lynch them, I wouldn't Vig-kill them either.
Same logic applies, to a lesser degree, if I had a target I thought scum, but where I was alone in thinking that. If I felt I had strong reason to suspect them but I couldn't convince others of that, then I'd examine my assumptions, and act accordingly. I mean, if I can't make the case enough to convince anyone else my logic is correct, then maybe my logic isn't correct, and I'd have to reassess before acting unilaterally. Miskills, whether a bad lynch or any other, will give info in the form of role-flips, but at what cost?
This is a whole lot of words just to say "yes I would shoot".  If you don't have a solid scum read then you're doing something wrong.

@NativeForeigner, Caz:
Vote somebody.

Also Caz you're up for lynch and day ends tomorrow.  I don't feel particular to wasting my extend, so I think you should do the extend by tomorrow as punishment for being scummy.

Tiruin should be around soon I hope.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 02, 2014, 08:11:49 pm »

You're missing a very important point.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 02, 2014, 08:15:46 pm »

You're missing a very important point.

Which is? If you want me to answer a question, explain in greater detail what it is than "YOU'RE WRONG".
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 57