Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 57

Author Topic: Limerick Mafia - AABBA [Game Over!]  (Read 122331 times)

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Get the Show on the Road [Day 1]
« Reply #135 on: December 31, 2013, 12:45:18 pm »

NativeForeigner has yet to post. You around?

Maybe he lost his passport...  :-X
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 31, 2013, 01:03:08 pm »

@IG: Uh... I don't know? This is only my second game of mafia (and I got nightkilled N1 in my first) so I don't really know much about my playstyle yet.

I'm going to try to ask some questions, but I'm getting a haircut in less than half an hour, so I might not be able to.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 31, 2013, 01:52:10 pm »

As for Tiruin, here's why he must have simply mistyped or misread: The SK does not know how many mafia members there are and the mafia do not know if there is a serial killer. If he was scum, he still could not have actually told you. We can have anywhere between 2 and 3 mafia and 0 or 1 serial killer, but the fact that one is a certain way does not make the other a certain way.
Tiruin could be the sk.
Pretty passive-aggressive speculation/focus. Care to back it up?
Not exactly.  What's wrong with what he's saying Tiruin?

ToonyMan: If you were doctor, who would you protect N1? Why?
Zombie Urist.  Because if Tiruin is scum then ZU probably isn't.
ToonyMan, you've only had one post so far, and all it contained was backing somebody else up and an unexplained assumption. Care to explain why you think Tiruin is scum (or SK) and that means ZU isn't?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 31, 2013, 04:21:14 pm »

thedarkstar should respond to my post. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=134151.msg4871504#msg4871504
As for Tiruin, here's why he must have simply mistyped or misread: The SK does not know how many mafia members there are and the mafia do not know if there is a serial killer. If he was scum, he still could not have actually told you. We can have anywhere between 2 and 3 mafia and 0 or 1 serial killer, but the fact that one is a certain way does not make the other a certain way.
Tiruin could be the sk.
No.

zombie urist: If you were scum, who would you kill N1? Why?
Someone random for maximum wifom.

Elephant Parade, how much do you use WIFOM and how do you normally apply it to situations?
Perseus, if you were Cop, who would you inspect N1?
makeinu, What do you think of Vigs?
Darkstar, you really seem to hate makeinu. Its almost like Lyncher play. Why?
Tiruin and Toony, what do you think of each others Mafia ( not the game, the informed minority inside of the game ) play?
Why are you asking RVS questions so late?

Defensive post, rhetorical questions, "yes you are scum" response? This isn't the town makeinu I know, sorry.
This is super lazy.
Ah, it's hard to tell for me just now. Unvote
Why'd you unvote immediately after? Who are your top suspects?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 31, 2013, 04:35:03 pm »

Ah, it's hard to tell for me just now. Unvote
Why'd you unvote immediately after? Who are your top suspects?

He answered my questions with accuracy. That deserves prizes. Right now it's TheDarkStar and makeinu, but since we haven't really heard from half of the players I wouldn't pin it down yet. Since it's a long day over new years, we will have time.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 31, 2013, 04:39:53 pm »

TDS:
Second, Tiruin is the only person who can actually be defended in detail right now (since Persus has not posted yet).
Why defend her? Isn't that her job?

Additionally, why have you stopped questioning people?

makeinu:
Same as my own speculation, and you seem worried at the prospect of an SK. Feeling out the Town to see how likely they are to believe your existence?
Your line of questioning here is dumb. Seriously, "you are worried about SK" -> "you are SK"? How does this make sense?

At the risk of appearing to defend TDS on this point, but that's not how I read that poorly punctuated parenthetical sentence, since he clearly addresses the possibility that EP might be either Town or mafia.

However, to TDS, in the first case that's a problem for the Town, because lack of participation is bad, and in the second case that's to the Town's benefit, as it potentially hinders the mafia.
I was referring to TDS appearing to assume ZU as town.

Persus13:
Well it would depend on the flavor. I really like vanilla milkshakes, so I'd drink him if it was that flavor. Otherwise, nah. And I'm guessing you RVSed me.
So you'd throw a vanilla goon under the bus, eh? Good to know.

And you are correct. Unvote.

Caz:
Are what people say and do in this game really the same thing? Right now I'm looking at actions, and both you and makeinu smell like scum.
Then why do you act like he's not scum slightly earlier:
You're not playing right though. The scum is supposed to jump on that and vote me. If you all do it, how can I tell you apart? -_-

Imperial Guardsman:
There is no cop in this setup. How is your question to Persus in any way relevant? Similarly with TDS and the lyncher suggestion. Also, at this point there is definitely enough information on which to base a vote (as you yourself demostrated), so why are you asking RVS questions at this point?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 31, 2013, 05:08:35 pm »

Caz:
Are what people say and do in this game really the same thing? Right now I'm looking at actions, and both you and makeinu smell like scum.
Then why do you act like he's not scum slightly earlier:
You're not playing right though. The scum is supposed to jump on that and vote me. If you all do it, how can I tell you apart? -_-

Because good golly, I don't have a list of who is scum and who isn't resting in front of me. Because... oh... why would that be?   ::)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 31, 2013, 05:25:31 pm »

So what chanfed your opinion?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 31, 2013, 05:48:27 pm »

TheDarkStar should respond to my post. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=134151.msg4871504#msg4871504

I think I answered it. You were asking whether I would jail to protect or to block, and I answered that that depended entirely on the situation. If I didn't know enough, I would probably pick something randomly or do nothing. If someone was likely going to be attacked and the doctor is dead, I'd jail them to protect. If someone is likely scum, but the day just ended, I'd jail to block.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 31, 2013, 07:33:55 pm »

makeinu:
Same as my own speculation, and you seem worried at the prospect of an SK. Feeling out the Town to see how likely they are to believe your existence?
Your line of questioning here is dumb. Seriously, "you are worried about SK" -> "you are SK"? How does this make sense?

Actually, my point was more along the lines of the fact that she didn't seem worried about SK, she seemed certain of one. Same for a Mafia Bus Driver, not worried, but certain, that such exists.

Unless I'm misinterpreting the JK9++ setup, and I'm not, the only way to be certain of those is to be Mafia. I backed off because I'm willing to accept that I'm merely misunderstanding Tiruin here, but I still suspect more than meets the eye with her right now.

At the risk of appearing to defend TDS on this point, but that's not how I read that poorly punctuated parenthetical sentence, since he clearly addresses the possibility that EP might be either Town or mafia.

However, to TDS, in the first case that's a problem for the Town, because lack of participation is bad, and in the second case that's to the Town's benefit, as it potentially hinders the mafia.
I was referring to TDS appearing to assume ZU as town.

Ah, see, misunderstanding. I took it that you were referring to EP. I'll have to read back. I didn't catch TDS making reference to ZU.

makeinu, What do you think of Vigs?

Hate them with a passion. If the Town can't win on scum-hunting and the lynch using logic, then a rogue gunman acting on his own accord can't fix that. I've never seen a case where a Vig didn't end up doing more harm than good. Never.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 31, 2013, 07:41:17 pm »

Pfp.

I'll have time to play tomorrow. Busy day, busy night. Sorry folks!

Seriously, I hate not having time to play on -the first day- but So many new years preps and parties.

Happy new year everyone!

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 31, 2013, 07:45:48 pm »

Imperial Guardsman:
There is no cop in this setup. How is your question to Persus in any way relevant? Similarly with TDS and the lyncher suggestion. Also, at this point there is definitely enough information on which to base a vote (as you yourself demostrated), so why are you asking RVS questions at this point?
I failed to notice that there was no cop. Also, I just wanted to find out more about others playstyle.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 31, 2013, 07:54:28 pm »

Imperial Guardsman:
I failed to notice that there was no cop. Also, I just wanted to find out more about others playstyle.

Are you guys both on crack? Why is there no cop?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 31, 2013, 08:07:34 pm »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

@Tiruin:
Toony
Tiruin could be the sk.
Not exactly.  What's wrong with what he's saying Tiruin?

Your ability to be both obtuse, and have this kind of suspicion as your first post without asking anyone else quite anything astounds me.

You say 'Not exactly' without giving your own meaning--then you ask me for my own. Dear god, I can already infer why you're suspecting me.

What I guess he's saying is that he's leaving results and speculation to the wind, stating something, and letting the 'feelings' be the one to talk about it--he's not saying it in public, however. That, and I've grown quite fond of ZU's brevity. It is both annoying, and incredibly annoying.

So I poke him about it. You find something wrong with me there, that you fail to do anything else but make yourself seem to 'Oh I'm so sure about Tiruin, let's word this so to grill her.'?

I don't see your smiling face beforehand in any posts, bucko, and let me state this before you go on and ramble about 'Statement x would cause person y to be concerned so...' or imply that 'I got concerned because this targets my role': I am not one to jump on shallow reasoning or first-fact-at-hand basis. I hate it when people be passive-aggressive, and when people don't be detailed about stuff and just throw things at other people to rely on emotional or whatever response (believe it that we've a certain special phrase in Tagalog about it. 'Bato, bato sa langit. Kung may tumama/Ang tamaan, huwag magalit'. Google it up. While you may come upon another answer to what I have here [due to it being originally lyrics in a song], I'm talking about people just spouting off whatever without even caring to detail it and leaving it as such), then you'll get the scorn I had right there. While you'd ask on why I'm reacting like this despite having no details proceeding that, from ZU, I'm saying that 'I'm very well damn annoyed at this kind of playstyle' as my response. If said person is town--they're not being helpful to those with different kinds of mindsets. If said person is scum--then damn them for being so short-versed. ((oOOooh, scorn! Tiruin feels that much about it! She's scum! :O))

And I formatted my post to be both pointy, and address the detail in question, if you're too blind to see that. Or possibly, you share the same ideals as ZU there. Would you use the excuse of 'reaction-pressure-vote' to get me, or say that 'Tiruin made a detailed post; she is scum because she's so concerned'. Well, you have my answer--I'd love to see how you call me out.

That, and I'm really irritated at you once again for your meta of being vague and blank. But its not that, its that THAT'S YOUR FIRST POST, so it must mean something.
I came late so I just voted who I felt looked the most shady/suspicious.

More importantly, in my sleep-deprived state I failed to point out what I was saying "not really" too I guess.

Do you think there is an sk in this game?  Because that is not a guaranteed possibility.  It seems to me that you're asking ZU if he can back up his accusation that you think there's an sk, which seems totally valid.  I was almost swayed by your emotional paragraphs and will probably unvote if you can give a reasonable reply.  I am not voting you because I think you're overreacting, your concerns about that seem genuine.

Let me throw it back at you: Dafuq is this.
I don't think ZU usually busses on Day 1?  I guess you could press a case on a buddy but it seems unlikely.

@Pufferfish:
Toony:
How do you scum hunt? I want details. More than "I ask and press and question everyone". Tell me exactly how you would handle someone you didn't have a clear read on.
I don't think I've played a game with you either so I should probably give an analysis of my own play-style.

I prefer concise and simple posts.  I usually don't have enough time in the first place to write up large posts, but I do make scumread lists after Day 1 usually.  I don't asks questions just to ask questions.  If I have a clear read on a person I will usually hold that view for the remainder of the game, that is, if Player A does an extremely town action and Player B does an extremely scummy action I'll see them as such until they die or some big turnabout happens.

If I don't have a clear read on somebody it's usually because they're lurking and I don't get to read their posts.  General feels from a post is a great way to get reads.  Because you ask yourself "does this feel right?" and if that's a no then you can further expound with "why doesn't it feel right?".  This is a generic course of action, but you can see this is action as this game progress and in my past games.

As an example of my brevity, this response is usually the longest you'll get out of me.  I do think Zombie Urist (and Org) are too brief and I admit my first post was too short, partly because I was exhausted yesterday and the game suddenly started.

@Imperial Guardsman:
Tiruin and Toony, what do you think of each others Mafia ( not the game, the informed minority inside of the game ) play?
Hello!  I haven't been mafia at game start for awhile now (except Truth Mafia if that counts) I think so it's hard to say.  I don't think I could carry a poor team match up or bad luck, but I think I'm pretty good.

@Elephant Parade:
ToonyMan, you've only had one post so far, and all it contained was backing somebody else up and an unexplained assumption. Care to explain why you think Tiruin is scum (or SK) and that means ZU isn't?
When Tiruin explains their thoughts about this serial killer existence I can tell you.  I don't think ZU would attack Tiruin like this.

@Caz:
No, don't pretend to act scummy to bait scum.  Stop it.  This is why you can't vote somebody for being too townie.  If somebody votes you for being scummy but you tell them you were pretending then what's that?  Too scummy?  No don't do that.

I'm confused over this cop matter.  Cops should be possible from my understanding?  Role cops and Gunsmiths are totally cops, even if not as useful as alignment cops.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 31, 2013, 08:10:16 pm »

@Imperial Guardsman:
Or did you mean what did I think of Tiruin's mafia play?  I think Tiruin has a pretty good mafia play until they claim they're mafia or third-party and get lynched.  Although that makes it a bit easier to win.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 57