Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 57

Author Topic: Limerick Mafia - AABBA [Game Over!]  (Read 122630 times)

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Get the Show on the Road [Day 1] [Replacement Requested]
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2013, 04:06:38 pm »

Reading through OP:...

SuperBlackCat: Would you rather live in an extremely hot area (desert) or an extremely cold area (tundra).
Cold

Superblackcat: What's your impression on the open-setup of this game? How will it affect your planning if you're town (ie visible roles).

Errrr... What?

Persus, TheDarkStar, superblackcat, Pufferfish, makeinu: I don't remember seeing you play before. Any past games you could point to?

And the previous BM, which Makeinu didn't mention. Me, Persus, and Puffer were in those games. TDS was only in Paranormal. Makeinu was in sprint and paranormal.

TDS:

Mostly, the first few votes/hours are just RVS, and messing around. Some pressure as well..

Why do you not like this?

Do you feel bad if you are voted?

TDS?

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Get the Show on the Road [Day 1]
« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2013, 04:21:26 pm »

makeinu: Earl Grey. Make it so.

Ha! Yes sir...  :(

makeinu

You seem awfully certain that there is a serial killer, Tiruin. Insider knowledge, I'd warrant.
...insider knowledge? How does that make sense? o_O
I checked the list, it specifically says and mentions an if, so does Toaster--so I'm going along the safer side of things and assuming that there is, as a general rule, unless evidence points otherwise (or conclusive evidence).

Yet, despite that the setup merely hints at the possibility of an SK, a 50/50 chance depending on how the dice land, you jump on it with certainty. I find that... curious.

Besides, for me, the only one that has to be threatened by that assumption is the SK himself (or...people concerned with the SK more, perhaps)

As for Tiruin, here's why he must have simply mistyped or misread: The SK does not know how many mafia members there are and the mafia do not know if there is a serial killer. If he was scum, he still could not have actually told you. We can have anywhere between 2 and 3 mafia and 0 or 1 serial killer, but the fact that one is a certain way does not make the other a certain way.
Tiruin could be the sk.
Pretty passive-aggressive speculation/focus. Care to back it up?

Same as my own speculation, and you seem worried at the prospect of an SK. Feeling out the Town to see how likely they are to believe your existence?

My question above stands, too.
TDS/Persus/makeinu: Why do none of your questions (other than only one of TDS') have any content related to Limerick Mafia?

Tiruin, arbiter of The Proper Question, ladies and gentlemen, and refined persons not meeting either of those categories.
...Really, none of them had any content in Mafia! D:<
OK, let me ask you: What color is my underwear now? Can't guess that, can ya? :I

Because it's Random Question Time! Win prizes! Confuse people!

And, statistically, white. :P
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2013, 04:24:06 pm »

My question above stands, too.
TDS/Persus/makeinu: Why do none of your questions (other than only one of TDS') have any content related to Limerick Mafia?

Tiruin, arbiter of The Proper Question, ladies and gentlemen, and refined persons not meeting either of those categories.
OK, let me ask you: What color is my underwear now? Can't guess that, can ya? :I

But in reality, knowing your personality...
bright pink!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2013, 04:40:22 pm »

Since the BM apparently has a replacement lined up already, I'm going to cancel my replacement request.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2013, 07:40:44 pm »

TDS?

My day is complete now; I was voted for!

Joking aside, notice how I had not much more of a reason to vote for UI than I do for anyone else. I'm just trying to see how he reacts.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 30, 2013, 07:57:36 pm »

*yawns*

Good morning folks. Kinda groggy, so excuse me if I miss anything @_@ I would do a clever limerick thingy, but... rhyming hurt brain :( maybe another time

Ah, RVS. My favourite stage of the game. ¬¬

Urist Imiknorris: Tea or coffee? Hot or cold? Dairy and sugar, or plain black?

TheDarkStar: You find a two dollar bill on the sidewalk. What do you do with it?

makeinu: Do you find that these kind of questions are ever useful in locating scum? Do mafia goons run on coffee, or tea?

Caz:/b] If you were scum, which two people from this mafia round would you want on your team?

Tiruin, 'cause we are best buds (jkjk D: ) Gosh, I dunno. Makeinu maybe, he was good in Para23 as town and it'd be interesting to see his scum-side play.

TDS: You only ask Caz a single important question, and nobody else? Why the favoritism?

i r special. :B

Caz: Hiya! I'm curious about how yer mind works given...our past experiences. Tell me, if you were the SK--how would you prioritize targets? In order of scumminess, in how their day game works, or something else?

Just watch me, I am fast becoming a mafia mastermind! (I'm actually terrible at this game but like playing it ;_; Why couldn't I like something I'm good at?) Hm, Caz the SK. I'd try to stay under the radar. If I play too well for town, the mafteam might do me over, but if I don't play well enough, town will get me. It's a tough side to play. If you were maf, would you put any priority on killing the sk? How would you locate him yourself?

*waves at Caz* Hello again, Caz. In an ideal (mafia) world, what would be your favorite game theme? Role within that theme? Why?

Hello hello. Yanno, I really want to play a bastard mod. Sounds like total insanity. Might be a crapshoot for which side wins though. But favourite mod... eh, don't have one yet. Not really a fan of BM, it's a bit stale. Anything heavy on the flavour and interestingness = win.

What were the most common setups you played on your homeplanet? Or wherever you were before you appeared at Bay12.

So, I suspect Urist Imiknorris most so far (he didn't even give a reason for his vote).

Meh, not much less of a reason than yours. I agree that red-texting the first person you see has gone out of style, but this also looks like a RVS vote. Do you want to make it look like you're doing something useful, TheDarkStar?

It would depend mostly on the circumstances. If there were multiple scum left, I'd protect. If there was one, I'd block.

Jailkeeper does both at once...

The Mafia team have a driver like the town team, and if there is a kill which is gotten by the Mafia bus-man, then the list of knowledge to them will grow exponentially (meaning: I'm worried about the Mafia > SK because of their variety and total threat to Town. The SK is malevolent, yeah, but he's darn well alone forever, so shrewdness must be taken into the field here).
That, and I really am new to seeing bus drivers in play so...seeing how they generally work, they rank of a higher threat to people (double-edged sword).

Welp, I have no idea how that works. Time to look it up.

2. I've seen scum be that lazy. In general, from what I have seen, the quicker someone is to vote someone, the more likely they are scum.

Going by that rule, you are 2nd most likely in the game to be scum...

Why would you vote for your partner, TDS?

Elephant Parade: Now that you replaced out of the BM instead of here, are you going to put your full attention on Limerick Mafia and help destroy the town?
ToonyMan: If you were doctor, who would you protect N1? Why?
zombie urist: If you were scum, who would you kill N1? Why?
Imperial Guardsman, Pufferfish: Not seen you guys around before. Would you claim to be competent players?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2013, 08:02:33 pm »

Elephant Parade: Now that you replaced out of the BM instead of here, are you going to put your full attention on Limerick Mafia and help destroy the town?
Replace "town" with "mafia" and you are correct. I'll ask some questions in a bit.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2013, 08:15:30 pm »

2. I've seen scum be that lazy. In general, from what I have seen, the quicker someone is to vote someone, the more likely they are scum.

Going by that rule, you are 2nd most likely in the game to be scum...

Why would you vote for your partner, TDS?

Likely is not equal to certain. Also, if I was mafia, why would I throw suspicion on my partner day 1? Claiming I am scum because I am voting for someone who I suspect might be scum makes no sense whatsoever.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2013, 08:16:33 pm »

As for Tiruin, here's why he must have simply mistyped or misread: The SK does not know how many mafia members there are and the mafia do not know if there is a serial killer. If he was scum, he still could not have actually told you. We can have anywhere between 2 and 3 mafia and 0 or 1 serial killer, but the fact that one is a certain way does not make the other a certain way.
Tiruin could be the sk.
Not exactly.  What's wrong with what he's saying Tiruin?

Zombie Urist.  Because if Tiruin is scum then ZU probably isn't.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2013, 08:38:13 pm »

I wasn't going him to ask this, since Elephant was leaving, but...

Elephant Parade: If it was you as a townie, a mafia member, and the sk left, would you vote for the mafia, the sk, or neither?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 30, 2013, 08:42:02 pm »

I wasn't going him to ask this, since Elephant was leaving, but...

Elephant Parade: If it was you as a townie, a mafia member, and the sk left, would you vote for the mafia, the sk, or neither?

I would end up dead no matter what, so I would probably either:

1)Not vote at all.
2)Vote for a random, stupid, and/or silly reason.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 30, 2013, 09:16:45 pm »

makeinu: Do you find that these kind of questions are ever useful in locating scum? Do mafia goons run on coffee, or tea?

I never know what question will be useful in locating scum. Any question at this stage is a conversation starter, and it's through conversation that slip-ups are made, and scum are located. So the specific question is not so much the point as getting people talking is.

*waves at Caz* Hello again, Caz. In an ideal (mafia) world, what would be your favorite game theme? Role within that theme? Why?

Hello hello. Yanno, I really want to play a bastard mod. Sounds like total insanity. Might be a crapshoot for which side wins though. But favourite mod... eh, don't have one yet. Not really a fan of BM, it's a bit stale. Anything heavy on the flavour and interestingness = win.

What were the most common setups you played on your homeplanet? Or wherever you were before you appeared at Bay12.

Meh, bastard mod games are frustrating. Just finished one where every player had a vote-manipulation role. Agg-ra-va-ting... to say the least. No one had a clue what was going on.

My homeplanet is almost all large theme games. The forum is attached to a game, so we're only allowed one game at a time, and anyone that wants to play gets in at once. Smallest game I've played so far was 18 players, before coming here; 20-25 is typical. Also, the mafia games have to stick within canon for the actual games, so lots of restrictions and not a lot of leeway for aliens and monsters and the like.

That doesn't stop us from coming up with awesome setups, though. Played a game based on international versions of Clue. One setup called Quantum Mafia that I want to try here. Pretty cool stuff, really, but stale. Same players, same tells, and very little public scum-hunting; everything is PMs and chats and trust circles.

:o ??? Um... nani the fuck?

That's some kind of fallacy, can't say off-hand which one yet...
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 30, 2013, 10:41:17 pm »

makeinu
Same as my own speculation, and you seem worried at the prospect of an SK. Feeling out the Town to see how likely they are to believe your existence?
Ah, yes, the same shallow thinking I expected. >_> Meaning: No.
Y'know, I'll just put this in clear perspective. Here's a bit of thinking: Why would I 'feel out' (...which I guess you mean by "ask people on whether the SK exists or not") people when I don't even know myself, if there's an SK or not. Double that on if I am an SK--why would I like to attract people to my existence?
Meaning: No, I'm not worried. If my text somehow carries over that I'm worried (ie read my response to ToonyMan), then the idea is somewhat interesting, however I worded my phrase intentionally at ZU so I could get a better result, or a more tangible answer from him, that's all.
Yet, despite that the setup merely hints at the possibility of an SK, a 50/50 chance depending on how the dice land, you jump on it with certainty. I find that... curious.
...You find me explicitly stating that 'I see that there is a possibility of an SK' + [Tiruin's_Recent_Posts] = curious?
Understandable, given that you could compare this to any real kinda regular game--see my thinking about it first. While in anygame there would be an SK, I'm putting the notion of his (let's go with 'its' so I won't get crap for this later >_>) probable existence more in detail (ie Me mentioning it as my opinion) due to the current focused set-up. Yes, it's an open set-up, but my thoughts dwelled on the matters of 'exciting roles', meaning that the roles mentioned in the set-up (and the allure of using them given their non-existence or unconventional use in other games) would be a higher probability. If you think 'certainty' is me just mentioning it in public, then I wonder why you termed it as certainty at all, given this single instance, makeinu. I wonder how you insist that I insist that there is an SK. Is it because I seem like I'm more assuming than not? (in which I've to ask what made you think this), or Is it because of my wording?
We've an SK and a mafia team at hand as mentioned in the setup.
This?
What I was guessing is that Toaster--given that he's the mod, would word his stuffs to be neutral in all perspectives. While I could say that I mentioned it in that implicit way to gauge ideas, that was not the case--just me giving off my idea along that line.

Clear enough for you?

PS: You never answered me on what you meant by 'insider knowledge'. Feeling a little pressy there without giving back?

[/quote]Oh yes. Let's address a certain number of people with fluff! How exciting. >_>

And statistically: Like I'd tell you in public. (hint: No.)
But in reality, knowing your personality...
bright pink!
I don't even.
No.

Caz
Caz:/b] If you were scum, which two people from this mafia round would you want on your team?

Tiruin, 'cause we are best buds (jkjk D: ) Gosh, I dunno. Makeinu maybe, he was good in Para23 as town and it'd be interesting to see his scum-side play.
...It said two people. So you still prefer me...for a nebulous reason?

i r special. :B
No u. :I

If you were maf, would you put any priority on killing the sk? How would you locate him yourself?
Priority? I've just treat anyone not in my team as completely and irrevocably 'anyone else', regardless of alignment. I would locate him as I'd locate pretty much anyone--look at tells, then inquire on said tells, then reflect on what was said then, and what was said after. Meaning: It won't matter much to me given that the SK is only a ripple in the tide of Town--no difference but a thorn in my side with a different name and/or a probability of being immune to my knife, once, which given by how results are given in game--will be unidentifiable from a protect or such (ie 'Your kill fails', in that third-person way of speaking).

Quote from: Him
Quote from: Me
The Mafia team have a driver like the town team, and if there is a kill which is gotten by the Mafia bus-man, then the list of knowledge to them will grow exponentially (meaning: I'm worried about the Mafia > SK because of their variety and total threat to Town. The SK is malevolent, yeah, but he's darn well alone forever, so shrewdness must be taken into the field here).
That, and I really am new to seeing bus drivers in play so...seeing how they generally work, they rank of a higher threat to people (double-edged sword).
Welp, I have no idea how that works. Time to look it up.
Look: Bus Driver.
Query: Result? How does it seem to you?

Toony
Tiruin could be the sk.
Not exactly.  What's wrong with what he's saying Tiruin?

Your ability to be both obtuse, and have this kind of suspicion as your first post without asking anyone else quite anything astounds me.

You say 'Not exactly' without giving your own meaning--then you ask me for my own. Dear god, I can already infer why you're suspecting me.

What I guess he's saying is that he's leaving results and speculation to the wind, stating something, and letting the 'feelings' be the one to talk about it--he's not saying it in public, however. That, and I've grown quite fond of ZU's brevity. It is both annoying, and incredibly annoying.

So I poke him about it. You find something wrong with me there, that you fail to do anything else but make yourself seem to 'Oh I'm so sure about Tiruin, let's word this so to grill her.'?

I don't see your smiling face beforehand in any posts, bucko, and let me state this before you go on and ramble about 'Statement x would cause person y to be concerned so...' or imply that 'I got concerned because this targets my role': I am not one to jump on shallow reasoning or first-fact-at-hand basis. I hate it when people be passive-aggressive, and when people don't be detailed about stuff and just throw things at other people to rely on emotional or whatever response (believe it that we've a certain special phrase in Tagalog about it. 'Bato, bato sa langit. Kung may tumama/Ang tamaan, huwag magalit'. Google it up. While you may come upon another answer to what I have here [due to it being originally lyrics in a song], I'm talking about people just spouting off whatever without even caring to detail it and leaving it as such), then you'll get the scorn I had right there. While you'd ask on why I'm reacting like this despite having no details proceeding that, from ZU, I'm saying that 'I'm very well damn annoyed at this kind of playstyle' as my response. If said person is town--they're not being helpful to those with different kinds of mindsets. If said person is scum--then damn them for being so short-versed. ((oOOooh, scorn! Tiruin feels that much about it! She's scum! :O))

And I formatted my post to be both pointy, and address the detail in question, if you're too blind to see that. Or possibly, you share the same ideals as ZU there. Would you use the excuse of 'reaction-pressure-vote' to get me, or say that 'Tiruin made a detailed post; she is scum because she's so concerned'. Well, you have my answer--I'd love to see how you call me out.

That, and I'm really irritated at you once again for your meta of being vague and blank. But its not that, its that THAT'S YOUR FIRST POST, so it must mean something.
Let me throw it back at you: Dafuq is this.

TDS
Queries fly like leaves,
You have my answer, what now?
I await your own.

Meaning: So you have my answer. And given that you stated the note of "You" there, instead of [insert person here], I suspect that was more of a general idea (also given the wording//placement) than not.
What is your say about it?

TDS?

My day is complete now; I was voted for!

Joking aside, notice how I had not much more of a reason to vote for UI than I do for anyone else. I'm just trying to see how he reacts.
I like how your initial vote was for reactions--yet you do not question the kittycat, here. What did you take his vote on you, as?

EP
Since the BM apparently has a replacement lined up already, I'm going to cancel my replacement request.
...So you'd rather ask for a replacement (TENTATIVE, BY THE WAY)) of Imp, who may or may not be busy, and instead go play a Regular game instead?

You're so sure of yourself, huh. >_> Did you care about reading what I said regarding said replacement?

SBC
Superblackcat: What's your impression on the open-setup of this game? How will it affect your planning if you're town (ie visible roles).

Errrr... What?
...You understood the question, or did you get my meaning? Because I can already infer the answer..
What I meant was: Will the fact that all roles are open affect your gameplay at all? (Disregarding whatever else)

PFP

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 30, 2013, 10:55:36 pm »

...So you'd rather ask for a replacement (TENTATIVE, BY THE WAY)) of Imp, who may or may not be busy, and instead go play a Regular game instead?

You're so sure of yourself, huh. >_> Did you care about reading what I said regarding said replacement?

...Well you could replace outta the BM, thus freeing Imp but..
Dealing with two games at once is confusing, and I'd rather be in only one. I thought you were suggesting replacing out of the BM? I guess I misinterpreted that post.

As for being sure of myself, it's true that I should probably be in the BM. However, I could probably play a lot better in one game than in two, and thus I decided to try and get out of one or the other as fast as possible.

I wouldn't mind being replaced in this, either. As long as I'm in one, I'm fine.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2013, 11:14:51 pm »

...Well you could replace outta the BM, thus freeing Imp but..
Dealing with two games at once is confusing, and I'd rather be in only one. I thought you were suggesting replacing out of the BM? I guess I misinterpreted that post.

As for being sure of myself, it's true that I should probably be in the BM. However, I could probably play a lot better in one game than in two, and thus I decided to try and get out of one or the other as fast as possible.

I wouldn't mind being replaced in this, either. As long as I'm in one, I'm fine.
I both want to bother Imp and watch her play, and not want to bother Imp because 'I dunno I may be protective and stuff and she might be busy and I might be rude'.

>_>

So excuse my flippant error there and sorry for that thing on advising you which game to replace out from.
..Err, which game are you really replacing out from? :S (disregard everything I said)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 57