Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 57

Author Topic: Limerick Mafia - AABBA [Game Over!]  (Read 122392 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Get the Show on the Road [Day 1]
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2013, 01:03:45 pm »

Requesting replacement. I really wish both games didn't start at the same time.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Limerick Mafia - Get the Show on the Road [Day 1] [Replacement Requested]
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2013, 01:27:14 pm »

makeinu: Tea, hot, nothing in it. Why? Planning to poison me?

Tiruin: Are you more worried about the mafia or SK? What makes them more worrisome?

TDS: If you were a jailkeeper, would you choose your target based on blocking them or protecting them?

Persus: If your scumbuddy was a milkshake, why in God's name would you drink him? Also, why am I voting you?

Pufferfish: If you were a tracker, would you track a suspect or someone you had a poor read on?

Persus, TheDarkStar, superblackcat, Pufferfish, makeinu: I don't remember seeing you play before. Any past games you could point to?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2013, 01:44:40 pm »

makeinu: Tea, hot, nothing in it. Why? Planning to poison me?

Green? Earl Grey? Makes a difference in the poison chosen... :P

Persus, TheDarkStar, superblackcat, Pufferfish, makeinu: I don't remember seeing you play before. Any past games you could point to?
[/quote]

Sprint BM and Paranormal 23 should cover all of us.

Imperial Guardsman: Can you shoot straight, or are you one of those clones that can't hit an Ewok? In other words: I've not seen you play before, can the Town count on you to scum-hunt, or do you prefer to ride coat-tails?

That question applies to several others as well, since I haven't seen many of you play.

*waves at Caz* Hello again, Caz. In an ideal (mafia) world, what would be your favorite game theme? Role within that theme? Why?
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2013, 01:50:04 pm »

NOOOOOOO  :(

Native: Do you still refuse to participate in rvs?

Imperial Guardsman: Do you plan to play this to completion?

So... *randomizes list, picks top two*
Why did you feel the need to say this?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2013, 01:52:03 pm »

It's a thing I do. Does it bother you?
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2013, 02:04:35 pm »

makeinu: Earl Grey. Make it so.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2013, 02:07:24 pm »

Why are you so sad that he left? It's not like him leaving causes you any problems (either he is town and we just have someone not post for a few days or he is mafia and they are now behind in planning).

Also, why is this going on:

Persus: If your scumbuddy was a milkshake, why in God's name would you drink him? Also, why am I voting you?

and

You seem awfully certain that there is a serial killer, Tiruin. Insider knowledge, I'd warrant.

There shouldn't be a reason to vote to lynch someone in the first three hours of a mafia game. For Persus, we have no evidence whatsoever because he has not posted since the game started.

As for Tiruin, here's why he must have simply mistyped or misread: The SK does not know how many mafia members there are and the mafia do not know if there is a serial killer. If he was scum, he still could not have actually told you. We can have anywhere between 2 and 3 mafia and 0 or 1 serial killer, but the fact that one is a certain way does not make the other a certain way.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2013, 02:11:04 pm »

So, I suspect Urist Imiknorris most so far (he didn't even give a reason for his vote).

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2013, 02:12:59 pm »

TDS: If you were a jailkeeper, would you choose your target based on blocking them or protecting them?

It would depend mostly on the circumstances. If there were multiple scum left, I'd protect. If there was one, I'd block.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2013, 02:46:13 pm »

Why are you so sad that he left? It's not like him leaving causes you any problems (either he is town and we just have someone not post for a few days or he is mafia and they are now behind in planning).
Why are you assuming him to be town?

As for Tiruin, here's why he must have simply mistyped or misread: The SK does not know how many mafia members there are and the mafia do not know if there is a serial killer. If he was scum, he still could not have actually told you. We can have anywhere between 2 and 3 mafia and 0 or 1 serial killer, but the fact that one is a certain way does not make the other a certain way.
You are quick to jump to Tiruin's defense, bringing with you a case that fails to account for the obvious explanation. Why?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2013, 02:49:24 pm »

Why are you assuming him to be town?

You are quick to jump to Tiruin's defense, bringing with you a case that fails to account for the obvious explanation. Why?

First, read the implication. I'm slightly suspicious of him.

Second, Tiruin is the only person who can actually be defended in detail right now (since Persus has not posted yet).

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2013, 03:03:01 pm »

...Well you could replace outta the BM, thus freeing Imp but..
*wishes you well*!

OK So I've got a nice snack and some chocolate. Woo~

TDS
Tiruin: If you were a town tracker, who would you follow: The guy that people suspect, the guy who does not seem to be doing anything, or the guy that suspects you?
The other guys right over there, doing other things than suspecting me or being useless, whom I suspect. First and second choices don't appeal to me well.
As for the guy that suspects me...why do you think he's a viable target? I mean, for said guy--I'd be the one to check if he's really genuine or not (hint: I can smell sincerity) by how he suspects//attacks me.
Are you asking me for advice, or trying to scope out 'what would Tiruin do in x or y?', because if the latter, I'm flattered. :)
...But really, why ask me this set of questions?
So, I suspect Urist Imiknorris most so far (he didn't even give a reason for his vote).
Hypothetical query: You think scum'd be that lazy?

UI
Tiruin: Are you more worried about the mafia or SK? What makes them more worrisome?
Mafia. While the SK can either be a +1UP killer or a Hitman-type (unblockable/protect/track), said SK is vulnerable to bussing (literally.)
The Mafia team have a driver like the town team, and if there is a kill which is gotten by the Mafia bus-man, then the list of knowledge to them will grow exponentially (meaning: I'm worried about the Mafia > SK because of their variety and total threat to Town. The SK is malevolent, yeah, but he's darn well alone forever, so shrewdness must be taken into the field here).
That, and I really am new to seeing bus drivers in play so...seeing how they generally work, they rank of a higher threat to people (double-edged sword).

makeinu

You seem awfully certain that there is a serial killer, Tiruin. Insider knowledge, I'd warrant.
...insider knowledge? How does that make sense? o_O
I checked the list, it specifically says and mentions an if, so does Toaster--so I'm going along the safer side of things and assuming that there is, as a general rule, unless evidence points otherwise (or conclusive evidence). Besides, for me, the only one that has to be threatened by that assumption is the SK himself (or...people concerned with the SK more, perhaps)
What makes him attractive to you, makeinu? My question above stands, too.
TDS/Persus/makeinu: Why do none of your questions (other than only one of TDS') have any content related to Limerick Mafia?

Tiruin, arbiter of The Proper Question, ladies and gentlemen, and refined persons not meeting either of those categories.
...Really, none of them had any content in Mafia! D:<
OK, let me ask you: What color is my underwear now? Can't guess that, can ya? :I

Back to TDS:
*goes to reply and sees UI's vote*
...OK, that literally had me laughing. xD
..It really seems people are taking RVS seriously. >_>
Anyway.
Trying to interpret me for me (them), eh? Well. That's...logically correct, but I didn't think of this as my primary answer (see above). Query though: your vote on UI (me being serious compared to the above) does seem to miss that UI is looking for a reaction instead. Why do you miss that kind of idea? Rewording: What makes you think that such a person would be suspicious just like that (seemingly joking voting over anything else)

PPE: UI//TDS
...Huh, it gets brought up.
I was going to accuse him of that too, until I noticed what he was saying.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2013, 03:17:34 pm »

Are you asking me for advice, or trying to scope out 'what would Tiruin do in x or y?', because if the latter, I'm flattered. :)
...But really, why ask me this set of questions?

Hypothetical query: You think scum'd be that lazy?

Back to TDS:
*goes to reply and sees UI's vote*
...OK, that literally had me laughing. xD
..It really seems people are taking RVS seriously. >_>
Anyway.
Trying to interpret me for me (them), eh? Well. That's...logically correct, but I didn't think of this as my primary answer (see above). Query though: your vote on UI (me being serious compared to the above) does seem to miss that UI is looking for a reaction instead. Why do you miss that kind of idea? Rewording: What makes you think that such a person would be suspicious just like that (seemingly joking voting over anything else)

PPE: UI//TDS
...Huh, it gets brought up.
I was going to accuse him of that too, until I noticed what he was saying.

1. I'm just wondering how you would react, just like all the other questions that people are asking. If I knew what the answer would be, would I ask the question?

2. I've seen scum be that lazy. In general, from what I have seen, the quicker someone is to vote someone, the more likely they are scum.

3. Yeah, UI's probably doing it to get a reaction. So am I.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2013, 03:58:55 pm »

It would depend mostly on the circumstances. If there were multiple scum left, I'd protect. If there was one, I'd block.
That's not how a jailkeeper works. http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=JK9%2B%2B#Town_Jailkeeper

That's a pretty big problem.

Tiruin could be the sk.

First, read the implication. I'm slightly suspicious of him.
Second, Tiruin is the only person who can actually be defended in detail right now (since Persus has not posted yet).
Why defend someone you are suspicious of?

It's a thing I do. Does it bother you?
Yes
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2013, 04:05:09 pm »

Tiruin could be the sk.
Pretty passive-aggressive speculation/focus. Care to back it up?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 57