Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24

Author Topic: Worse Things Happen at Sea... Game Over: Loyalist Scum Wins  (Read 50495 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Worse Things Happen at Sea... Game Over: Loyalist Scum Wins
« Reply #330 on: January 19, 2014, 12:26:30 am »

As I said, last day was completely pointless to play, lol. Dunno why you let it continue when it was impossible for town to win.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 19, 2014, 12:27:49 am »

Wow, seriously. You guys invested 30 posts in scumchat and we got crumble-biscuits in the game.

Nice.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 19, 2014, 12:31:10 am »

As I said, last day was completely pointless to play, lol. Dunno why you let it continue when it was impossible for town to win.
It wasn't impossible. Mind you, it would have required scum making a stupid mistake, but it was a mistake they could have possible made - A Team of Caz, Deathsword, NQT would have resulted in at least one more dead scum... although now that I think about it, yeah, with UI still alive that still would have meant a town loss.

So yeah, sorry, should have ended the game - I only thought as far as "is it still possible for town the win the day".

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 19, 2014, 12:54:10 am »

This was very confusing to watch.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 19, 2014, 02:44:33 am »

I called NQT first post.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 19, 2014, 03:35:06 am »

I called NQT first post.

Yea, he was scummy as hell but TDS got in the way of everything. -_- If he just died n1 it would've been fine.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 19, 2014, 04:31:11 am »

Good job Deathsword!

Tiruin says we were playing poorly but that's not true: scum played a perfect night game. I figured out Persus was the Priest (they didn't want to put themselves on a team), and I knew to kill Dariush because of the possibility of him being the Good Ol' Boy. Deathsword knew when to jump into the mission. I figured out Caz was the Pirate so we should avoid a team with both of us and him. It all worked out.

If town could have looked beyond their narrow fixation on Dark Star and if they'd made the effort to work out the actual possibilities of the night, they'd have acted differently and won. The game was heavily stacked against scum if just one of us were killed.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 19, 2014, 04:45:42 am »

Yeah, scum played fairly flawlessly. I was actually at the point of lynching TDS and to hell with what happens later, though. Probably need to reign in my rage to become a better player at this.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 19, 2014, 05:08:20 am »

Also, I'm pretty sure it would have been possible for town to devise a game winning strategy right from the beginning. I had a stab at working it out but I didn't get a full plan together. After we recieved our backgrounds, everyone should have claimed on the proviso that there was a Seawitch. As there was a Witch, that opened up the possibility for mass role conformation. After claiming backgrounds, each person should have been assigned a role that ensured that A. No one could be killed on missions unintentionally and B. Every ship player's action was accounted for.

So, of the four players N1 that were on the ship, one of them should have been the Shipwright, one the Priest, one the Nightwatchman and one the Lookout. The Shipwright could easily be able to confirm that they weren't ratting in, the Nightwatchman would be cleared if the Lookout said they were blocked and the Priest would have to give an alignment found for one of the others. If there was a death still, it'd be pretty easy to work out who it was, as it would require two of the shipbound to be scum. If there was a death on the mission it would require two of the players on the mission to be scum (you'd ensure that the pirate was left on the ship). The Priest would clear each of the others or play would continue until scum killed something and were revealed. Alternatively, you could have the Good Ol' boy on the Ship protecting the Priest and the Lookout watching the Priest (to confirm they're really Priesting). There were a lot of roads untaken here.

Town's eagerness to kill and not preplan any role confirmation hampered their efforts.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 19, 2014, 07:20:19 am »

From a post of mine from the dead chat:
"Biggest problem with this game: player inattentiveness. The fact that people failed to notice things that were fairly obvious was so annoying, like DarkStar failing to notice I was dead, and everyone dog-piling DarkStar for lying when he didn't. Not only was it annoying, it happened so many times it was almost unbelievable."
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 19, 2014, 04:00:40 pm »

Well, I messed up a bit. Sorry for, ahem, not fully telling my role and losing us the game. Er, oops.

*slowly backs out of room before people become outraged at me*
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 19, 2014, 04:04:50 pm »

Ah I don't think you were that bad. The town were behaving pretty illogically. Just remember that when you're being wrongly persecuted, keep a level head and stick to presenting the facts as clearly as you can. And never just be defensive: always proactively question people and examine the scenario. Scum get easy wins when they keep town on the backfoot.

Also, Tiruin, I wasn't chatting-scum earlier: I do genuinely think your scumhunting technique is completely wrongfooted, especially with regards to your attack on DarkStar. If y'all just looked at people's votes and paid attention to the roles and kept track of all the information you were given (like I was advising) you'd have easily won. I knew you wouldn't take my advice, so I felt safe in being honest on that point.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 04:08:25 pm by notquitethere »

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 19, 2014, 04:08:37 pm »

Ah I don't think you were that bad. The town were behaving pretty illogically. Just remember that when you're being wrongly persecuted, keep a level head and stick to presenting the facts as clearly as you can. And never just be defensive: always proactively question people and examine the scenario. Scum get easy wins when they keep town on the backfoot.

Yeah, I still can't figure out why the town turned an RVS vote into a real one before I ever posted.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 19, 2014, 04:10:11 pm »

Mafia Rules: if everyone agrees on something, scum are benefiting.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 20, 2014, 12:29:42 am »

Good job Deathsword!

Tiruin says we were playing poorly but that's not true: scum played a perfect night game. I figured out Persus was the Priest (they didn't want to put themselves on a team), and I knew to kill Dariush because of the possibility of him being the Good Ol' Boy. Deathsword knew when to jump into the mission. I figured out Caz was the Pirate so we should avoid a team with both of us and him. It all worked out.

If town could have looked beyond their narrow fixation on Dark Star and if they'd made the effort to work out the actual possibilities of the night, they'd have acted differently and won. The game was heavily stacked against scum if just one of us were killed.
My point was your public agenda. There is no dispute on how well you did it behind the lines, and yes--most of the fault lies to us who were experienced enough to see the lie (ie me and Caz). We messed up the vital point, costing town the game (but hey, there were...factors that led to that but bleh. It's over anyways. >_>)

Meaning: Scum did well in being scum, with the context of being sneaky. I did not like how they played in public because it was less of 'wrangle the town and blind them' but more of 'let them ride on their prejudices and let's keep quiet'.

I mean, you guys lurked like hell. It would be a more 'fulfilling' victory if scum played well. I guess being quiet and leaving the town to stew on their own mistakes works...in theory.

However a tiny tip for you NQT: Stop nitpicking as scum. It makes you obvious. :P

Also, Tiruin, I wasn't chatting-scum earlier: I do genuinely think your scumhunting technique is completely wrongfooted, especially with regards to your attack on DarkStar. If y'all just looked at people's votes and paid attention to the roles and kept track of all the information you were given (like I was advising) you'd have easily won. I knew you wouldn't take my advice, so I felt safe in being honest on that point.
Which you didn't back up at all. :I I mean, you left out information between the lines--and the orange portion prejudices this judgement. You 'knew' me? Oh now that's a long shot. I will hate you for trying to predict ignorance in my personality, but I admire you for-at least-you had the modesty to give honest critique. Something I took note at the time, but at the end failed to wholly employ.
While I did vote on TDS, I also had the biggest feeling that he was town. Cue sleep deprived judgement hitting me on Deathsword when the time came.

PS: I did what you were advising, and TDS was the perfect scapegoat. Track back, mostly everyone was unanimously voting him. The meat behind the vote, however, outed you and DS. That is what I meant by 'bad play'. You both lacked posts--compared to Dariush, had the knack of feeling mysterious.

Mafia Rules: if everyone agrees on something, scum are benefiting.
Not a rule, per se, just a theory. :P
Because we did agree holistically, before, and it ended the game for scum and gave a town win.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 12:39:39 am by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24