Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24

Author Topic: Worse Things Happen at Sea... Game Over: Loyalist Scum Wins  (Read 50499 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Worse Things Happen at Sea... Day 3: Now We Wait
« Reply #315 on: January 17, 2014, 12:59:32 am »

Urist: Is there a Salty Dog role ingame?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 17, 2014, 02:40:36 am »

I am the Lookout, I saw Urist target Dariush last night with the 'Rat In' action. Him picking Expedition Leader was a great way to stay off missions so he could kill safely.

Urist Imiknorris

It's a sure thing, so shorten.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 17, 2014, 03:57:50 am »

A few days later, a tattered-looking person in a torn shirt could be seen in the harbor of port town called Ciudad-Portuaria, shaking his fist towards the horizon and screaming "¡Tendré mi venganza!". Then without much hesitation he set out in search out the governor of the town to describe to him the course of a pirate ship terrorizing the waters, on which he was held hostage for the last several months.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 17, 2014, 05:01:48 am »

NQT, you are a liar and you will spend an eternity aboard this ship!

Also, wouldn't ratting someone else out be shown as the person targeting the captain? I mean unless you're listening in to the conversation you wouldn't know who gets exposed.

Of course, we've basically already lost. I have to either get in an accident or stay on ship, forcing Caz to get in an accident (because there must be three on the expedition).

Mod: Can the expedition leader turn their power off?

If so, Caz and I can take Deathsword and shove him into a hole or something, then we can get to 2p, which is a complete unknown in this scenario and thus might possibly if the stars are right let town win.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 17, 2014, 05:24:11 am »

Urist
Also, wouldn't ratting someone else out be shown as the person targeting the captain? I mean unless you're listening in to the conversation you wouldn't know who gets exposed.
Obviously you know more about ratting in than me.

Also, if you're really the Seawitch then you'll know exactly how town can win this.

Caz
Deathsword must be Urist's scumbuddy: he needed to get on that last mission to ensure that Darkstar died (I wasn't going to vote DarkStar after all). You're the Pirate right? So there's only one way we're going to win this: you need to be on a team with Deathsword and Urist, and you need to coerce Deathsword into voting for Urist. There is no other way for us to win this.

Urist Iminorris
Deathsword
Caz

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 17, 2014, 05:29:24 am »

There is no other way for us to win this

"Us"? :P Deathsword saved you from being lynched last night.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 17, 2014, 05:32:12 am »

A brilliant WIFOM tactic on his part to ensure I get lynched today and he and Urist sail on to victory. Where've Urist and Deathsword been all game? Keeping pretty quiet, right? They think they're clever but the jig is up.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 17, 2014, 05:39:03 am »

Just think about it: if I'd have been killed last night, DarkStar would still have backstabbed Tiruin and they'd still have killed Dariush, but now with a certainty of there being a killer among either Urist or Deathsword town would have had to kill one of them. That's why they couldn't both be left on the ship.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 17, 2014, 08:42:34 am »

UI
Caz
Deathsword

Shorten
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 17, 2014, 10:56:55 am »

If I wasn't the damn seawitch I wouldn't have been able to claim every role.

Wait, Caz is the pirate! He can lynch singlehandedly!

Caz
DS
NQT

Oppose Shorten.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 17, 2014, 11:50:18 am »

Meh, exchanging some wifom for the chance he would be killed instead? If you were really innocent, NQT, it wouldn't be worth the risk. TDS could have shot anyone and there wasn't a 100% chance we would all lynch TDS twice. RNG pls be nice.

Caz
NQT
Deathsword

^

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 17, 2014, 11:52:01 am »

Also if Urist is scum, scum victory is ensured anyway. Even by the game continuing it's basically proven that he's town O_o unless Grrlpylh is one horrible bastard.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 17, 2014, 12:13:13 pm »

No, DarkStar was always going to kill Tiruin: he made that overwhelmingly clear. But whatever, not sure why Urist is opposing shortening: we've all made our votes, is there anything left to say?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 18, 2014, 11:50:15 pm »

There was a shadow before the moon, and then the man the Captain called the Indian stood on the deck. His long black hair, pulled into a tail, and his tanned, leather skin were not that of a Chilean native. He said, gently, that if the machi were released, the crew might yet survive - the look in his eyes left no room for negotiation. As the men hastened to obey his orders, the Captains door blew open, and the Captain strode out, pistol raised.

"So you're finally here, you bastard."

The man looked sad, and nodded. "Why do you follow me, Captain? Even here, to the ends of the earth, you follow me. I have found peace here, finally -  even, at times, happiness. I live for these people, and you come here, you threaten them - why? I have given you everything - what more could you possible want from me?"

The Captain fumed. "The idol, Indian."

The Indian's eyes widened, and his voice grew low. "I know not of what you speak."

With a belch of fire and smoke, the pistol went off, and blood splattered from the Indian's shin, forcing him to a knee. His eyes flashed, and the wind picked up as rain began falling on the deck. He did not scream, or shout, or make a sound, though - he merely grimaced.

"Captain, I will give you what you wish, if this is what you are willing to do for it - but if our friendship ever meant anything, you would leave right now, and give up your search. She is gone, Captain."

"Where is the idle?" the Captain asked, drawing his sword now.

"Mocha Island, Captain. It's been moved to Mocha Island. But if you seek it out..."

"Leave, now, while you might still live. Take your old woman with you. Men, we leave, now!"

By the next day, the weather has once more turned sour, and while the storm is not bad, nor is it showing any signs of lessening.

The Captain himself says he will lead the expedition - notquitethere and a handful of others will stay on the ship - Caz, Urist Imiknorris, and Deathsword will accompany him.

As of now, the game has ended - with this team composition, it has become impossible for the mutineers to win. I will write up the last day of the story if people so wish, but post the final results here.

Notquitethere and Deathsword, loyalists, have won!
Mutineers have been defeated.

Caz was a Mutineer, a Pirate and Naturalist.
Urist Imiknorris was a Mutineer, Seawitch and Expedition Leader
notquitethere was a Salty Dog and Lookout
Deathsword was a swashbuckler and shipwright.

Scumchat: http://quicktopic.com/50/H/irQxGCpBfYf
Deadchat: http://quicktopic.com/50/H/jEUrMs63Vgk

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Worse Things Happen at Sea... Game Over: Loyalist Scum Wins
« Reply #329 on: January 19, 2014, 12:24:27 am »

NQT is quite obvious as scum.  :-\
Deathsword replaced him in to sacrifice for a better power. Quite obvious, yet me and Caz were blinded by our...stuff at TDS.
Ah well.

MAKE A NEW GAME GLYPHGRYPH.

Because darn. Scum played poorly, and they lacked activity, if at all played the game. >__>
This is a shameful play for both sides.
And I can't believe I investe--...whatever.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24