Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24

Author Topic: Worse Things Happen at Sea... Game Over: Loyalist Scum Wins  (Read 50506 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Worse Things Happen at Sea... Day 2: Uncertain Seas
« Reply #300 on: January 14, 2014, 11:13:13 pm »

Someone who didn't come dies, unless we are lucky with our scum picks

Scum can also kill who went on the expedition, because their kill happens after we return iirc.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 14, 2014, 11:56:33 pm »

Day is now over. I probably don't have time tonight to fully finish writing up the End of Day post, so I'll be starting the "night" timer when I get a chance to do things properly tomorrow.

For now, though, the team that is going on the expedition is:
TheDarkStar, Tiruin, Caz, Deathsword

The Captain orders the ship to diverge from it's course, though he says little about why. He spends most of his time huddled in his room, muttering to himself and doing god knows what. Occasionally, he'll  just begin screaming angry blasphemies, though it usually dies down quickly.

The new destination is around the south tip and further up the west coast of the continent. It's a bit of a hike, and no one is sure why they are traveling here in particular, but no one questions that Captain's decision either.

When they arrive, the Captain orders the whole crew into the rowboats, and leads them ashore himself, heading upriver a bit before disembarking on the shore of a small river, at the edge of what is apparently a small native village, little more than a handful of large, round buildings made of reeds and that, with tall, cone-shaped roofs. The natives gather around, staring with curiosity - a few of them brandish slender spears and watch in silence is the Captain strides forward, and begins speaking rapidly in spanish. One of the natives step forward, and begins speaking to the Captain. The Captain swings his arms wide, and finally blurts out in English "I don't bloody care what you fucks want, just tell me Delnidere is!" After some more conversation, several more natives appear from around the buildings wielding bows, and the spearman close in a bit, and the Captain, finally, retreats.

"Back to the ship, boys - this didn't go as well as I'd hoped. Bastards have clammed up, but they know, yes they do, they know."

Back on the ship, he gives some new orders. A group of select crewmembers are going to head back ashore in the dead of night and kidnap an old woman from the village they call "machi". They will bring her back to the boat, and the poor little natives will have no choice to give up Delnidere to him.

He let's the crew decide amongst themselves who will go, and TheDarkStar, Tiruin, Caz, and Deathsword[/b] end up being chosen. Shortly after midnight, they take a rowboat and disappear into the darkness, heading for shore...

24 hours remain! Please send in your night actions if you haven't already, and for gods sake pay attention. Notquitethere is NOT on this bloody mission!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 06:55:44 pm by GlyphGryph »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Worse Things Happen at Sea... Night 2: A Kidnapping
« Reply #302 on: January 16, 2014, 07:57:49 pm »

The kidnapping succeeds, but it would be hard to say that it went well. Infiltration was easy, but when the alarm was raised the group almost unanimously elected TheDarkStar serve as a decoy and and lead off the group that had managed to cut ahead of them and block off access to their boats.

TheDarkStar, however, disagreed with this plan, rather vehemently. The disagreement took the form of a dagger planted in the chest of a surprised looking Tiruin who, letting a might scream, rushed TheDarkStar, pushing him back against a tree.

Caz and Deathsword took this as their cue to slip off into the shadows, and they soon found themselves back on the ship. The Captain was pleased at the capture, but when the survivors told him that not just one but two had been left behind, and the circumstances, the Captain grew quite angry.

Yelling at the crew, slapping the captured old woman across the face several times, and then, finally, rounding on a surprised looking Dariush.

"This was your plan all along, wasn't it? You wanted this to happen! Oh, you said, it's too dangerous, you said, but you knew, didn't you!? Don't think I didn't spot those times you and TheDarkStar were chatting, when you thought you couldn't be heard - my eyes are everywhere on this ship, and I know you two plotted this!"

Dariush began backing up, reminding the Captain that they were old friends, saying he would never betray the Captain, but the captain advance on him, drawing a wicker looking sword from his belt.

"If this is how you treat your friends, Dariush, then who needs enemies? I was your friend, once, yes, and look how you betray me! Treachery! TheDarkStar was your friend, your new friend, and how has that worked out for him? Killing one of my crew, and dying in the process to a bunch of worthless gnats! I'll show you friendship, you good for nothing..."

Dariush, panicking as the Captain, weapon raised, advanced on him, drew his own knife - perhaps thinking he could take the Captain down before... and the Captain laughed.

"Hah! I knew it, you worthless scum! I see how it is - to think, for a second there, I thought I might be wrong, that I might still be able to trust you, and then you have the audacity-" with this, the Captain swung his blade, sinking it deeply into Dariush's knife-arm, sending the blade flying "The absurd gall-" and a second swing, this time against the achilles tendon as Dariush turned to run for his life, as if there was anywhere to run to, sending him sprawling across the deck, "The outright treachery of drawing a weapon on your Captain! YOUR CAPTAIN!"

With that, the Captain grabbed the back of Dariush's shirt, hefting him off the deck, and heaved him over the railing.

Turning to the others, he smiled a mad smile.

"And remember - that was my friend. If I catch any of the rest of you bastards plotting against me, don't expect me to be nearly so kind. Let him sit in the water - anyone who helps him aboard will suffer the same fate. The blood will draw the sharks soon enough, if he stays afloat that long, and they'll take care of our little problem for us. I'm returning to my cabin - let me know when the Indian arrives - he'll talk now, or his pet tribe will make him, to save the life of his poor, pathetic little witch. fuckin' machi whore." With that, the captain spits on the captive and heads into his room.

"And be ready to move as soon as we get the word! I want three of you ready to go on a moments notice!" he shouts out before slamming the door shut.

Dariush, Good Ol'Boy and Nightwatchmen, Mutineer, has been disciplined.
Tiruin, Determined Mutineer and Ship's Cook, Mutineer, has been killed.
TheDarkStar, Lucky Bastard and Backstabber, Mutineer, has suffered an accident.

The Day Ends in 24 hours. 3 people must be selected for the next expedition.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Worse Things Happen at Sea... Night 2: A Kidnapping
« Reply #303 on: January 16, 2014, 08:05:00 pm »

In a lone room inside the ship, Persus stirs in his sleep, his broken frame mumbling a few words that make little sense to his caretaker.

"Can we have a dead chat?"
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Worse Things Happen at Sea... Day 3: Now We Wait
« Reply #304 on: January 16, 2014, 08:50:32 pm »

Idiots.

At least I am free.

Free!
You will deserve your fate.
This will go down like my old ship went. By people not thinking.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 09:26:14 pm by Tiruin »

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 16, 2014, 09:16:51 pm »

We should've mced before this. I'm guessing NQT is Slacker and withdrew himself.

Though I'm wondering why we're still playing. There's four people left - two scum, two town. No real way that town can win, unless both scum go on the boat tonight. Fortunately NQT can't use this ability on consecutive days.

Who wants to go on the boat?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 16, 2014, 09:27:51 pm »

Well, I guessed wrong and we lost three mutineers in one night. Bah.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 16, 2014, 09:56:23 pm »

Well for the last vote I'm gonna go for NQT and Deathsword being scum. Tallying the votes assuming we have a Salty Dog didn't change anything, so I'm going under the idea that Deathsword is a Swashbuckler and exchanged himself for NQT in order to prevent his lynch. He did this all without informing town, so he's scum. Both should go on the expedition to prevent the nightkill.

I will accompany them to ensure the death.

Caz
NQT
Deathsword

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 16, 2014, 10:02:12 pm »

Though I can't see how we can get them on the boat when there's two left.

Supposing Urist votes the same way, Scum can vote for us and so that there's 2 votes for each. This throws it up in the air of who will go on the expedition at all, and if Urist is picked, we lose.

Not sure why the game didn't end at 2v2 considering the hugely low margin of us winning. The plan has to be played out perfectly *and* the random number god has to be in favour.

I don't like when the chance of winning a game rests on a dice. Meh, it's over anyway. Everyone put your votes in so we can shorten.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 16, 2014, 10:03:57 pm »

Are you a poisoner, Caz? Being the only town with two scum doesn't seem very likely to end in anyone dying except you.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 16, 2014, 10:05:18 pm »

Wouldn't you like to know. ;)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 16, 2014, 10:12:17 pm »

Though if NQT is salty dog, we auto-lose anyway. That's the only role left considering there's no non-powerroled professions in the game, right? Eh, I gotta go look back at Urist's claim.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 16, 2014, 10:18:28 pm »

All backgrounds except Sailor, Swabbie, and Deckhand are present, as are all nonbanned professions bar Quartermaster.

Yeah so NQT is Salty Dog. Whatever happens today, a town win is impossible.

GlyphGryph: Y u do dis?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 16, 2014, 10:19:31 pm »

I leave thread now. Screw you TDS.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 17, 2014, 12:58:19 am »

Nothin' to do here.

NQT
Deathsword

If we send them both they can't kill, but this still doesn't solve the problem that we have no kill ourselves. ENDLESS DAYS GO
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24