Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24

Author Topic: Worse Things Happen at Sea... Game Over: Loyalist Scum Wins  (Read 50634 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Worse Things Happen at Sea... Day 2: Uncertain Seas
« Reply #255 on: January 13, 2014, 11:02:59 pm »

I am not risking my hide

No, Tiruin. Get on the boat.

Actually, split second decision here. I'll just claim in full:

I am a Cook and a Determined person (unsure if there are roles that validate alignment but I don't think Glyph would be ike that so I'm giving the benefit of the doubt).

I checked UI last night because..well. "Humor me."

And he is...well. I will withhold it but he ain't what he humors me as.
No seriously UI, get a hint here.

Semi-claim not fullclaiming why? This just seems designed to sow confusion.

There's no reason not to put everyone we suspect on the expedition.

1. no nightkill. what could be better?
2. we clear everyone not on the expedition
3. PICNIC

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 13, 2014, 11:02:59 pm »

Oh, and let me restate: Your only reasons for voting me are...personal. YOU TAKE THINGS TOO PERSONALLY--EVEN TOO MUCH THAT IT VERGES TO ILLOGICAL REASONING!

You can't even back that up.

Really :/ If you are town, I really, really wish to ask why are you acting as such--and what you learned from the BMs and previous games, to restate once again.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 13, 2014, 11:06:09 pm »

Semi-claim not fullclaiming why? This just seems designed to sow confusion.

3. PICNIC
...I'm claiming because UI is actually..

..rethinking it, 2 scum..and we have 1 kill. Makes sense.

UI is a Seawitch. Confirm- UI?

I am not risking my hide

No, Tiruin. Get on the boat.
Well at least I trust you >_>
Bring the flour.
Also vote TDS. Because if I do die, I blame you. Or Randomness. The RNG hates me. :I

3. PICNIC
1. Scum can NO KILL. >:I That just messes up who ELSE isn't on ship--stick to the predefined list! Either NQT/UI or ME. And I really can't prove myself because I'm both a Determined person, AND THE BLASTED COOK. I can't drink this liquor because I don't drink (yeah I'm enforcing this silly stuff because immersion. Glyph writes well, ok?)
2. No. You don't see the NO KILL thing D:<
3. BUT NO CAEK!

So what do you think? Really, 'clearing'? Please tell me the notion if there's a no kill.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 13, 2014, 11:06:44 pm »

« on: Today at 11:02:59 pm » Insert Quote
Oh huh, nice coincidence! xD

Anyway, going now. Have to go. Coming back soon.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 13, 2014, 11:07:27 pm »

I've basically given up on surviving (I die to scum if I'm not lynched), so here's my votes:
Caz
TDS
Tiruin
Persus13

You're cray-cray. Persus is dead.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 13, 2014, 11:08:33 pm »

1. Scum can NO KILL. >:I That just messes up who ELSE isn't on ship--stick to the predefined list! Either NQT/UI or ME. And I really can't prove myself because I'm both a Determined person, AND THE BLASTED COOK. I can't drink this liquor because I don't drink (yeah I'm enforcing this silly stuff because immersion. Glyph writes well, ok?)
3. BUT NO CAEK!

So what do you think? Really, 'clearing'? Please tell me the notion if there's a no kill.

I hope they NK. We can include that in our considerations but forcing them into a NK can only be good for us.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 13, 2014, 11:14:19 pm »

PFP

Tiruin: Both a Cook and a Determined Mutineer exist in the setup. And I have said before that I am the Seawitch and Expedition Leader.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 14, 2014, 01:18:31 am »

PFP

Tiruin: Both a Cook and a Determined Mutineer exist in the setup. And I have said before that I am the Seawitch and Expedition Leader.
YES I know that Dx
I mean that by judging your 'ban list', the only background that doesn't exist are the bland ones. The only picked role that doesn't exist is the Quartermaster (oho, nice work Cap'n. Now nobody shall wash the dishes and take inventory of our stock. IT MAKES SENSE ON WHY YOU SEND US ON EXPEDITIONS D:<)

Ahem. Banter aside:
OK. So we're quite set. >_> Thanks UI.
Caz, can you see now why I'm dead set on not including NQT with TDS?

3. BUT NO CAEK!

I hope they NK. We can include that in our considerations but forcing them into a NK can only be good for us.
So let's work on that proposal of yours given our time (revoke that shorten :I).

TDS
Tiruin
Caz
NQT

Since this is your most recent list...then do you really really believe TDS is town?!
I mean..what?! The sense of that NK-thing is really...confusing. Look, if NQT and TDS is scum- the idea that there would be no kill given the ship-board survivors being:
Tiruin
Notquitethere
TheDarkStar :I
Urist Imiknorris
Dariush

Caz
Persus13
Deathsword
...these guys. I'd rather be on ship by the way given that all my stuffs happen...on ship. Oh, and if TDS really is a backstabber, I wouldn't want this to be ironically going on with him. Because thrice darnit, insult to injury on my part indeed. >_>

Caz: I seemingly forget: Could you please tell us why you..lovingly picked me from the start? o_O

...Ok it may be the busy-ness kicking me but
Everyone: Thoughts on massclaim?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 14, 2014, 01:35:08 am »

Tiruin, you dumb. There are four banned roles, not three.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 14, 2014, 01:36:24 am »

I bloody know that. Could you at least think first? Why would I bloody link DIRECTLY to that post, and then forget that in full? Huh?

Goddamnit. Does everyone have to be a snarky jerk and speak in brevity so much?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 14, 2014, 01:42:56 am »

...You didn't deserve that UI >_> sorry.
Just a tad bit stressed here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 14, 2014, 02:25:00 am »

PFP

YES I know that Dx
I mean that by judging your 'ban list', the only background that doesn't exist are the bland ones. The only picked role that doesn't exist is the Quartermaster (oho, nice work Cap'n. Now nobody shall wash the dishes and take inventory of our stock. IT MAKES SENSE ON WHY YOU SEND US ON EXPEDITIONS D:<)

Ahem. Banter aside:
OK. So we're quite set. >_> Thanks UI.
Caz, can you see now why I'm dead set on not including NQT with TDS?

3. BUT NO CAEK!

So let's work on that proposal of yours given our time (revoke that shorten :I).

TDS
Tiruin
Caz
NQT

Since this is your most recent list...then do you really really believe TDS is town?!
I mean..what?! The sense of that NK-thing is really...confusing. Look, if NQT and TDS is scum- the idea that there would be no kill given the ship-board survivors being:
Tiruin
Notquitethere
TheDarkStar :I
Urist Imiknorris
Dariush

Caz
Persus13
Deathsword
...these guys. I'd rather be on ship by the way given that all my stuffs happen...on ship. Oh, and if TDS really is a backstabber, I wouldn't want this to be ironically going on with him. Because thrice darnit, insult to injury on my part indeed. >_>

Caz: I seemingly forget: Could you please tell us why you..lovingly picked me from the start? o_O

...Ok it may be the busy-ness kicking me but
Everyone: Thoughts on massclaim?
However if we focus our votes on someone (TDS possibly? I probably don't see TDS changing his behavior so..he's quite spent on the expedition anyway. If he's town, I'd favor him backstabbing NQT. If he's scum, well. I'd be gladly not surprised.)

TDS
Tiruin
Caz
NQT

But if he backstabs me...he's not making any sense [what logical reasons exist behind him picking his target? None.] Taking it too personally equals stupidity, and I'm darn glad to attribute it to his decision if ever he does so.
Though I don't know what to feel about you either. Leaning-town ish, and I'm practically unsure on the points at hand:
> Either UI or NQT are scum, leaning on the latter. Both? Nearly impossible, but plausible. His playstyle doesn't help this frown on my face from growing any more relaxed, though.

And checking the lurkertracker..NQT needs to respond more. :/ Hope he's ok.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 14, 2014, 03:22:57 am »

Make sure that at least one other person who you think is scum is with me so I can use my kill.

Are you saying you think I'm town?

I'd recommend either Tiruin or NQT. I'd prefer NQT, but you doubtlessly prefer Tiruin so it's up to you.

Would like everyone else's input on this also.

Yeah, I'm going to go for Tiruin.

My reads:
Tiruin: Scum for trying to get me killed for no reason, along with other reasons (I'm biased, though)
NQT: Scum lean due to numerous slip-ups
Me: I sadly have a scum lean
UI: Null read
Dariush: Null read, slight scum lean
Caz: Town lean, especially because he is leading the discussion
Persus13: Null read, slight town lean
Deathsword: Medium scum lean for bandwagonning

The people with null reads mostly get it from having fewer posts in the last while than other people.
Adding this:
What's that orange part on Caz? Next, back up your accusations on me and DeathSword, please.

The purple part is too vague. Isn't there anything in their posts that you can get?
Also I like the sincerity. How are you scum in your own eyes?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Worse Things Happen at Sea... Day 1: The Storm
« Reply #269 on: January 14, 2014, 05:13:39 am »

Tiruin
Could you detail your thoughts on him?
You've played enough games with me now to know my style: I think how people vote tells you more about their alignment than how they comport themselves in the thread. DarkStar felt everyone was ganging up on him and stopped being productive, I've seen it happen to others in similar situations. He's not the best example of town play, but there's nothing that he's done that says he's definitely scum. We don't have a lot of wriggle room in this game, we need to be pretty damn sure we're getting things right.

Hmm... I know (but I can't expect everyone to take me at face value here) that one of Imiknorris or Tiruin is a loyalist, and the former can't go on missions unless everyone's sure he's a loyalist, and the only person who'd go along with a Tiruin lynch is Dark Star, so:

Tiruin
DarkStar
notquitethere

"Sketchy" my barnacled face. Your 'why would scum do that' ignores the fact that he was acting totally incompetant, and illogical!
Acting incompetently and illogically are not strong scum traits: town lost the last two Revolution games due to incompetent and illogical town players. DarkStar being a poor player isn't the same as DarkStar being scum.

By the way, first impressions dictated a defense reaction there--however I query that. Why do you believe Me over a UI? Anything else other than the vague orange statement (whom I wish to be detailed, thanks)?
The difficulty with this game mode is that you have to have support for your lynches otherwise scum will out-vote town on the missions. There's currently little support for putting Urist on a mission, whereas, one other player would like to see you dead. From my perspective you and UI are equally likely to be scum, so I should try my hardest to get one of you killed on the mission.

I note the 'and the only other', the significance of this wording stands out. Expound, preferably.
I meant what I said and no more than what I said: I want you to die on the mission and the only other person that feels this way is DarkStar. Everyone else wants DarkStar dead or hasn't said anything yet.

PS: If you have such an inclination against me, why do you not remark on my remarks on TDS?
Like, everything I said before this. I suppose I posted enough to be seen. >_>
You know I'm not going to pick over your arguments against DarkStar. Given the fact that town players often present themselves poorly in games, I don't think your arguments amount to a hill of beans and your frantic all-caps approach is unhelpful to a town victory.

I want you, NQT, to give a detailed and concise read between me and TheDarkStar instead of generalized adjectives. Because buddy, you sure are missing a lot--if there's any deviance or discrepancy with the symbolism I'm pushing, bring it up.
No. It's all chaff. The important things are what we've learned from our roles and from the flips and how people have voted. You're focusing on irrelevancies.

And checking the lurkertracker..NQT needs to respond more. :/ Hope he's ok.
Nonsense, I posted just 7 hours prior to you saying that, and I hadn't posted earlier that day because it was my birthday (like I explained in my penultimate post).
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24