Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24

Author Topic: Worse Things Happen at Sea... Game Over: Loyalist Scum Wins  (Read 50520 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Worse Things Happen at Sea... Day 1: The Storm
« Reply #210 on: January 11, 2014, 10:33:39 am »

We're trying to lynch TDS. The others should be *town* .-.
...So you see me as scum?!
Wth. Why?

I-
I'm going to close out further voting, but leave the thread open - I'd like someone to double-check those numbers.
-_-

Ok Caz, better explain right now why the sudden vote shift.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 11, 2014, 10:34:54 am »

We're trying to lynch TDS. The others should be *town* .-.
...So you see me as scum?!
Wth. Why?

Ok Caz, better explain right now why the sudden vote shift.

It was a choice between you and me. Ofc I see myself as more town than you. :P

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 11, 2014, 10:35:14 am »

Okay, so hopefully //this// one is right.

(2) notquitethere: Persus, Urist Imiknorris
(1) Persus: Urist Imiknorris
(6) TheDarkStar: Persus, Deathsword, notquitethere, Dariush, Tiruin, Caz
(4) Dariush: Persus, notquitethere, Dariush, TheDarkStar
(5) Caz: Persus, Urist Imiknorris, Caz, TheDarkStar, Tiruin
(5) Deathsword: Deathsword, notquitethere, Dariush, Tiruin, TheDarkStar
(4) Tiruin: notquitethere, Urist Imiknorris, Tiruin, Dariush
(0) Urist Imiknorris:

Please avoid game discussion that isn't vote-list correction as well.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 11, 2014, 10:36:23 am »

NOOOOO I goofed ;_;

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 11, 2014, 10:39:04 am »

Grats Caz, now y-

Please avoid game discussion that isn't vote-list correction as well.
So it's literally day end?

>_<

Nice one Caz. :I

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 11, 2014, 10:44:05 am »

This Is my count of how everyone voted:

Spoiler: in reverse order (click to show/hide)

Which means I agree with your count:

(0) Urist Imiknorris:

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 11, 2014, 11:02:20 am »

The storm dies down. The skies clear. And the Captain points to an island along the distance shore and says "There."

An expedition is quickly planned. The crew agrees, after muttering and finger pointing and argument and knowing glances, that TheDarkStar, Deathsword, Caz, and Dariush are the ones who should undertake it.

But there's bad vibes going on all around as the Captain explains, slowly, the path they'll follow, the rope bridge they'll cross, the carved stone steps they'll climb to the small cave. He doesn't tell them what they will find, but he tells them to take what they find inside. Anything that might be of value - necklaces, cups, gems, small statues, anything. He's sending the four of them to be sure they can carry it all - make note of anything they can't, he says, so he can send a second trip.

The four of them set off.

Please submit your night votes, you four. You have 24 hours.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Worse Things Happen at Sea... Day 2: Uncertain Seas
« Reply #217 on: January 12, 2014, 11:39:03 pm »

The four work their way through the thick jungle, eventually climbing out of it to a deep gash in the base of the mountain - a rope bridge, old and frayed, is the only way across. They move one at a time, to minimize the chance of failure. Below, there's a number of sharp rocks piercing through a thick fog, obscuring what lies at the bottom of the deep chasm. Then, they ascend the steep steps, carved into the cliffside with a sheer drop to one side, ascending ever higher. Halfway up, a bird erupts from a crevice, surprising Deathsword and sending one of his feet into the abyss, throwing him over the edge... his fall cut short by the rope tied around his waste to his companions, who struggle to stay on the path until he regains his footing.

Finally, they enter the cave.

It is empty.

The Captain will not be happy.

Back they go, down the stairs. Caz leads the way, Deathsword follows close behind, Dariush in third place, and TheDarkStar in the back, watching the others carefully, afraid of the glances they've been passing back and forth, the whispers...

Down they go, finally reaching solid ground, before returning to the bridge.

Caz crosses first, alone. The bridge sways in the breeze. Deathsword, again, follows close behind. And then Dariush, safely across the gap. They wait on the other side, stopped, gazes sent back. TheDarkStar steels himself. He steps onto the bridge. Then he steps again.

Halfway across, he sees Dariush step forward, knife in hand. He flickes the blade once, twice at the ropes securing the bridge to the far edge. The DarkStar, panicking, yells for help, begs the others to stop him.

Deathsword casually looks to the side, while Caz turns around and begins to head down the trail. Dariush cuts the first rope... and TheDarkStar slips, barely catching himself, hugging what remains and desperately trying to work his way back to where he began, now.

Then the second rope goes loose, and TheDarkStar finds himself hanging from the final, base rope... which soon goes loose as well, sending him screaming into the fog.

TheDarkStar has perished in an accident!

The rest of the crew is silent on the walk back to the ship. They not only have to report the empty cave, but also that the rope bridge gave out, sadly, while TheDarkStar was crossing it, and that he met a tragic end. Or at least, this is the direction their thoughts were turning until they actually arrived back at the rowboat, to find a soaked, bloodied and bruised TheDarkStar already waiting for them. He throws them a big smile, and waves his arm wide to invite them aboard.

"Boy am I lucky there was actually water at the bottom of that chasm, eh? And look, the fall just managed to save me time!"

TheDarkStar has survived an accident! What luck!

The crew returns to the ship, to a terrible scene. Apparently, some heated words were exchanged, because as they climb aboard, Persus is strapped to the mainmast begging for mercy, calling out to his god to be saved. The Captain lets off long enough to ask the crew where the hell the things he sent them to retrieve were, and when they tell him...

By the time he's worked out his fury, Persus is little more than a quivering lump of meat, sobbing quietly to himself, the Captain all the while alternativing between hurling invectives and terrible accusations at him, and cursing someone he calls "The Damned Indian". As he finishes, throwing down his flog, the Captain turns to the others and announces that THIS is the fate that awaits those who threaten to undermine his plans, at his most lenient! With that, he storms off, leaving the others to cut Persus down and bandage his wounds as best they can... but Persus, the man they knew is dead. The broken man is but a shadow of who Persus once was...

Persus has been Disciplined! His mutinous plots are torn asunder!

Soon, word bubbles up that the Captain is deciding what to do next, and the crew is to set sail for a nearby port town where they will "relax" while a new destination is planned.

It is now Day 2. 48 hours remain.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 13, 2014, 12:24:49 am »

Oh bloody heck. TDS lied and is a lucky bastard. What frickin...

TDS. You are nothing but a detriment. You don't even help, if town, by even trying to do quite damn well anything about explaining. It's like, you're the one-hold receiver in a conversation with only spouting out words as a response.

Oh, and that lie. Do me a favor, answer this; actually, humor me: Why in thrice damn hells did you even lie?! Why did you waste a lynch--given your role, and then hilariously vote-mix back near day end?

UI Alright, I've been thinking and my curiosity has to be appeased on this one. Could you follow up on that pseudo-Seawitch claim there and, probably, give your best guess on everyone (preferably in the verse of Pirates of the Caribbean)

Also reads please? But that comes after the request above. Humor me on that.

Tiruin throws the Captain a very nice gesture with her middle finger. "Bloody plebian. We dealt with torture like that back in my day with bamboo sticks. Can't do better discipline than that."

Dariush/DS:
Could you give me commentary on my last pertinent post on you guys? Because I've included some queries there for y'all, and there are certain gaps I see between you two.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 13, 2014, 01:04:19 am »

Wait, Glyph: Didn't you say something on the expedition vote results and stuff about it? Like, how many votes were on whom or something like that?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 13, 2014, 01:27:11 am »

Grrrr...

The good news: The existence of a nightkill means we didn't ship both scum out on the mission.

TheDarkStar
Caz
Deathsword
Dariush

TheDarkStar: Who do you suspect? Also, yesterday's day end was nuts. What were you trying to accomplish? What were you even thinking? Why didn't you claim Lucky Bastard?

Tiruin: All backgrounds except Sailor, Swabbie, and Deckhand are present, as are all nonbanned professions bar Quartermaster. I will not speculate on who has what, as that is of dubious relevance at the moment, save for the obvious suggestion that the Swashbuckler is one of the three who went on the expedition with TDS. As for suspects, currently TheDarkStar is in the lead for me due to his vote shenanigans, refusal to actually hunt, and his deflection when you pointed out his lack of content. I suspect he's lying about being the backstabber as well.

If TDS is in fact lying, could the real backstabber please claim?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 13, 2014, 01:44:03 am »

I would prefer you ended that list with an 'Arr' but that would be too cliche.

Why didn't the backstabber use his kill. >_>

Anyway: with lack of Glyph correcting NQT or not, I'm picking out NQT's idea. That means one of those left on ship is scum (TDS is most probably scum...but somehow my intuition pokes him as grey-town..blargh)

(0) Urist Imiknorris:

Hmm. Yeah, I'm really suspecting either NQT [Any color for ship-board suspects?]. UI checks..pretty clean. Because if he was what I know of him, then crud. Trouble abound. But personal logic discards that notion.

This also forwards the matter that scum would easily bus TDS, given his idea of probably being a Tough/Lucky Bastard, if scum...and if town I don't even.

Seriously, TDS: If you are town. COMMUNICATE CORRECTLY!

Also UI...that means we have banned roles. Spry, Tough B (and possibly poisoner?).
I can understand one of you withholding the poisoner due to the kill-ability buuuut:
Poisoner - (Ship or Expedition Night Action) Target player (either on ship or expedition with you) becomes too ill to participate for a day/night cycle. They are not allowed to talk or vote until the morning after the day they spent poisoned, and if sent on an expedition they WILL die (Unless there is an expedition leader present).
Glyph: Will the person being poisoned be notified of being poisoned in PM? Will we know of it in public (too ill to participate), and if so: How? If not: please say so.

I wasn't poisoned last night.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 13, 2014, 01:45:23 am »

EBWOP: Remove the 'either' part before NQT. Was thinking about Persus but then mind registered day end without me editing it out.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 13, 2014, 01:53:18 am »

The person will be notified. Other players will only know by the fact that he cannot post.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 13, 2014, 01:55:23 am »

Alright humans. C'mon and post. :I
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24