Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24

Author Topic: Worse Things Happen at Sea... Game Over: Loyalist Scum Wins  (Read 50532 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Worse Things Happen at Sea... DAY ZERO: Before the Storm
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2014, 11:46:40 pm »

Does this mean we policy-lynch anyone with a banned role, even though they will claim it was accidental?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2014, 12:01:30 am »

Does this mean we policy-lynch anyone with a banned role, even though they will claim it was accidental?
I think the plan is for those with banned roles by accident to claim at the start of the game.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2014, 12:28:05 pm »

11 Hours Remain to send me your role choices

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2014, 05:24:18 pm »

I think the plan is for those with banned roles by accident to claim at the start of the game.

What about the roles that would make them scum targets?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2014, 05:27:00 pm »

No dice. Either everyone claims and we lynch those who are found to be lying, or banning roles in the first place is pointless.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2014, 05:28:21 pm »

Well Spry and Tough Bastard scum can't really do anything about. Poisoner and Expedition Leader are things I don't think scum will specifically target. And Expedition Leader is a pro scum role more than anything else.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2014, 10:57:08 pm »

Thread being locked in half an hour, if you haven't submitted your request, do so now or your profession will be chosen randomly - or maybe you'll be modkilled, if you still don't respond to prods.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Worse Things Happen at Sea... Day 1: The Storm
« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2014, 09:43:43 am »

My arm's aching, back's breaking, legs aching neck
And this whole ruddy ship is a huge creaking wreck.
We've flown ten thousand miles with this thorn in our sides,
though the wind's steady strong with no clouds in the skies.

The ropes creaking, ship's leaking, sails are on fire,
and this whole bloody ship could go up like a pyre.
We've got smiles on our faces, but we've seen this before
No telling just now what we have in store.

The back-stabbing, loot-nabbing plans behind doors
Running low on the rum and they're bleeding our stores
Can't tell who's on our side and who's ready to flip
When we hit the next port the whole crew could jump ship.

The storm rages and rages, and as the crew does their best to keep the ship together, the Captain is smiling wide as he clings to the wheel. The storm seems to go on for days, and by the end you're exhausted and you've lost two men overboard. You managed to pull Caz back aboard before he disappeared beneath the waves, but Toaster has disappeared without a trace. It's not the first hand you've lost on this journey, and you doubt it will be the last.

You've been out for a month, now, and you're still not entirely sure what you're doingg here. You spent some time in the Carribean, waiting on many closed door meetings with troubling whispers and indecipherable shouts as the Captain inevitably lost his temper when he realized that the person he was talking to knew nothing about what he wanted... or refused to tell him, if they did. It's hard to be sure.

You've since swung far south, and the Captain has given every indication that you'll soon be swinging round Cape Horn. Beyond that, you're as in the dark as the rest of the crew.

But what you do know worries you. You know the ship is falling into disrepair, and the Captain's refusal to fix it at your last port might have something to do with the fact that this voyage apparently wasn't as well funded as you'd been lead to believe. You know the Captain has taken to whispering to himself as he strides around the ship, with a wild look in his eyes, eyes surrounded by dark circles that convince you he hasn't slept in days. You know the sort of people he brought aboard to interview were characters who were, themselves, less than trustworthy - that Ewe-speaking Vudu priest, Nubueke, he'd brought aboard was the worst of the lot, not sharing a language with the rest of the crew and constantly lurking about in the shadows. Captain must have got what he needed out of the guy, though, because one of the crew, Mephansteras, accused Nubueke of being a fake who could speak French perfectly well and knew jack and shit about Vudu, Nubueke out and stabbed Meph several times in the chest, leaving him bloody on the deck, and the Captain had Nubueke tied up in chains and forced to walk the plank.

So that was the end of that.

Understandably, there'd been some worried murmuring among the crew. Somehow, word got back to the Captain. He held a meeting where he threatened and cajoled in equal measure, until Leafsnail stood up and said what we'd all been thinking - he asked where we were going, and when we could expect to head home, why the ship was in such poor shape, and what exactly the Captain's plan was.

The Captain responded by shoving him into the mast, before ordering several of us to hold him down. Then he pulled out his flog, and just went to town on the poor fucker, reducing Leafsnail to a quivering, teary-eyed mess. By the time he was done, Leaf wouldn't speak or even look the rest of us in the eye, and hasn't since. The man's spirit is just broken.

Tensions are high, and you've got a sinking feeling that it's going to get worse before it gets better... but at least the storm has finally begun to calm down. And when it does, well, the muttering might just turn into planning, and this ship might just head on home minus one very prominent crewmember...

Day 1 Begins. Day Ends in 48 Hours.

A note on voting:
When electing people for expeditions, you can vote for as many characters as you want, but only once per character. In the case of a tie without enough expedition slots remaining for characters with a given vote count, the person going on the expedition will be chosen randomly. Please cast all votes in red, and please include your current entire vote roster when changing or updating your votes.

If I see: Urist, Notquitethere
followed by a later post: Caz
I will assume you have changed your vote to be Caz and only Caz.

If you want to go on the expedition, make sure to vote for yourself!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 12:40:56 pm by GlyphGryph »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2014, 10:02:06 am »

WOOP WOOP WOOP

Banned role alert: I got Expedition Leader. Whoever got priest, I don't like you.

Are we looking for the heart of Davy Jones? Because we're definitely too far south for cursed Aztec gold.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2014, 11:09:57 am »

I haven't got a banned role. Plain sailing over here!

As for nominating to go on missions: there are four slots; the only way to cause an accident for a loyalist is if there are three mutineers and one loyalist on the mission. Essentially, each mission we should be nominating one person that we think is a loyalist, and three people to fit them up. If we get more than one loyalist on the team, they can prevent an accident from happening (with a draw) or successfully kill a mutineer.

Should we be open about our suspicions though? In the first Revolution game, players saying how they intended to vote gave information that greatly benefited the scum team. Actually, this depends on one important thing:

Gryph Are the votes as to who goes on missions public or private?

Also, what about self-nomination? My first inclination is that it's okay not to nominate yourself as a mutineer-jury-member on the missions as many of us will have useful ship-only powers and if we risk giving the loyalists too much info if we explicitly state that we want to stay on the ship.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2014, 11:16:29 am »

The votes for who goes on missions are public. The votes for who has an accident are private. Self nomination is allowed.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2014, 11:27:57 am »

No banned role here.

I nominate myself for the glorious expedition! Come with me Tiruin and accept your fate!

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2014, 11:28:28 am »

*ahem*, Tiruin!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2014, 11:30:09 am »

So, I suggest when put forward our votes, we should make clear the three people we think are loyalists and the one person we think is a mutineer. That way we can all take note of who thinks who's what alignment and it should be easier to work out teams that way. Or is there anything obviously wrong with that suggestion?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2014, 11:35:44 am »

NQT, the loyalists are the scum. You've given yourself away.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24