Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 54

Author Topic: Trailblazers in a World of Winter - Chester crashes the party.  (Read 58682 times)

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
Re: Trailblazers in a World of Winter - an RTD of survival in a new home.
« Reply #165 on: December 09, 2013, 06:11:08 pm »

" I can work better with mechanical arms that will not fatigue or get damaged nearly as easily and I can do my job better that way. "
[6]Well, I'm not supposed to do this. What if someone actually loses an arm and it turns out we're out of prostheses?
Oh, wait. I've an idea. We have non of our own integral-weaponry prosthetics in stock - bloody difficult to get the nervous system wired up for the extra output. However, we have that arm the Germans threw in with the Flugel - heck if I know what it does. It certainly has some kind of military application, but I didn't dare disassemble it to find out which - you know how these Germans are with their copyright. Probably melt or blow up or whatever. And then somebody lost the owner's manual, and it turned out that the electronic registry only says "weap.assort." I figure that if anyone's gonna handle the thing, it'll be you.
So what do you say? I can hook it up in place of your right before you can say "Not the buzzsaw, please.""
The doctor grins mischievously.
((Going to sleep for three hours or so now.))
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 09, 2013, 06:21:01 pm »

Go ahead, once the initial link is made I can remove it to figure it out without a problem on my own. It's no problem to rmeove and put back on again once the joint is in place.

Try not to look so happy about cutting pieces off your boss " friend " remember if you get hurt I'm the one who'll be bolting replacements onto you.
"
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 07:04:01 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 09, 2013, 06:48:32 pm »

Grumbling, Jacques tries to modify his sack into a pair of pants.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 09, 2013, 11:38:36 pm »

Look for the armoury. Need some winter-issue armour and a rifle.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 10, 2013, 03:53:18 am »

She supervised the loading of the Xeno into a cold storage-it's rigid death pose reminding her of any number of earth insects, it's reflective glassy eyes lifeless and dead.

McGaw was prompted to name the contents of the crate as it was sealed-and by extension, she supposed, the species itself. People would want to put a name on something. It made such things less fearsome. There was certain...ceremony in this, she supposed. A big of pageantry.

After a moment she typed in. a few words

Cont=Bio. Spec #1 (Deceased, DOD here) Single Specimen 'Tripodes Praesule'
A.K.a Borean Chitterling
Signed For: Kathryn McGaw"

McGaw was designed to need less sleep than the average human being. Not that she liked to do so-it made her more chilly than usual. But, it didn't impair her cognitive and motor skills as much a normal person. She spent a good deal of time afterwards trying to make up for Will's lost arm, helping ferry people back and tending to their medical problems. Even for all their technology, Frostbite still threatened.

Afterwards-talk in camp was getting frantic. A whole ship, but no pods. A team was being assembled...she suspected they may need a medical or science presence on hand. It was a logical course of actions, especially since the laboratory modules were not yet fully assembled. Her own lab was nearly the largest of the entire vessel's crew compliment-designed to be shared with perhaps as many as half a dozen researchers, if needed. When it was done she could begin to study the strange creatures of this world...

In the meantime there were better uses for her, she thought, than a glorified medic. But...part of her wondered if she was just getting addicted to the thrill.

"Al-Radi? Can I see you? Things have quieted down around here..." She said over the comm.

Action: Kathryn McGaw contacts Al-Radi and asks if she can help investigate the mystery on the Jah's Home...
Also, reacquisition some light body armor, a field medical kit, and some scanning and sample material collection equipment.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 04:17:07 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 10, 2013, 05:12:54 am »

Grumbling, Jacques tries to modify his sack into a pair of pants.
[4] After some determined knifework and a few minutes with a needle, you end up with some sort of baggy trousers-thing. You put it on over your standard issue trousers and tie it with a leather strap. Well, it ought to protect your family jewels from any impromptu surgery attempts, but pretty it isn't.
Matveenko applauds. "Woo! Now dance the trepak and it'll be finished."

Go ahead, once the initial link is made I can remove it to figure it out without a problem on my own. It's no problem to rmeove and put back on again once the joint is in place.

Try not to look so happy about cutting pieces off your boss " friend " remember if you get hurt I'm the one who'll be bolting replacements onto you.
"
Westerly nods and ushers you into the surgery unit. He goes to get a few containers, then initiates the unit. You watch as several mechanical arms extend above you, then you feel a light pricking in your neck, and the world fades into blackness.
Waking up, you flex your fingers before opening your eyes. Ah. Nice tactile feedback there. You open your eyes and inspect your new arms.
The left one is a fairly standard thing, all rounded planes of gray. The right, however, really is something. It is jet-black and angular, and its fingers are slightly too long. And it's beautiful. Seriously, it is. You know an expensive bit of metal when you see one, and this clearly wasn't bought for a half-euro. The forearm plate is stamped with "D.I.A" in simple square letters.

((Now I'll post the armory list, and process the people who are requesting stuff. Can anyone tell me how to make spoilers say something other than "Spoiler"?))
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 10, 2013, 05:17:55 am »

Spoiler: Like this (click to show/hide)

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 10, 2013, 05:21:40 am »

(Yeah, Dwarmin's got it right.)

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 10, 2013, 06:52:27 am »

((Added the armory to the OP, will update in a few hours. Note: because the social service credit system hasn't yet been established, you will just be handed weapons up to the Izhmash (for soldiers, or the Saigon for civvies) and armor up to the flak kit, with the supposition that you will return them or work them off.))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 10, 2013, 07:03:03 am »

(No shotguns?)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 10, 2013, 09:10:07 am »

((So, with this armoury list posted, are those people who are requesting things are supposed to list their new inventory, or you'll make it an in-game scene?))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 10, 2013, 09:28:36 am »

Request minig laser. I can get a shaft set up since I have experience, or I could try to find some food.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 10, 2013, 09:38:51 am »

(No shotguns?)

((I would think the Saigon Assault Rifle would have specialized ammunition/kit for shotgun style-it might even have a variable rifling that lets you switch ammo on the fly.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 10, 2013, 10:39:18 am »

Go to my lab and study the D.I.A arm to determine how it works and what it does.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 10, 2013, 11:35:45 am »

Look for the armoury. Need some winter-issue armour and a rifle.
Action: follow the quartermaster, when reached, ask him to provide rifle.
Also, reacquisition some light body armor, a field medical kit, and some scanning and sample material collection equipment.
Request mining laser. I can get a shaft set up since I have experience, or I could try to find some food.
You all crowd into the armory. Matveenko raises his arms and shouts before any of you can speak. "Order, order! You go first." He points at Sean, who explains that he needs a rifle and some armor, since a pistol is clearly insufficient for him to function properly. The quartermaster nods and vanishes into the shelves for a few seconds, then returns with two large boxes. He takes a rifle from one and puts it on the desk, then slaps three mags down near it, followed by a frag grenade. "The mags are DD, AP, and incendiary, respectively. The nade's complimentary. Keep clean, keep away from kids, ah, you know the drill." - he explains. Then he hands you the other box. "Flak kit. Enjoy." You retreat behind some crates and put the armor on under your parka. It is quite snug.
When you return, the large man is already holding a rifle of his own, and the doctor is asking Matveenko for some armor and her medical and scientific tools. "Armor, eh. Well, I might just have something..." He rummages around in a crate, then fishes out an adfiber coat. Then he off-handedly throws down a white box with a red cross on it, and a medium-sized plastic container, which he puts on the desk with much more care. He opens the container for inspection: inside is an array of instruments. "Sampler. Freezer. Portable NMR spectrometer. X-ray scanner. Gotta be enough."
After kitting the doctor out, he turns to the last man. "And what're you looking for?" The man requests a mining laser, citing prior experience. The quartermaster takes his tablet out and checks something. "Ah, right. You may have it. Europa, eh? Pretty ice fields, I hear." He returns with a crate. Inside is a mining laser and a service exoskeleton.

"Al-Radi? Can I see you? Things have quieted down around here..." She said over the comm.

Action: Kathryn McGaw contacts Al-Radi and asks if she can help investigate the mystery on the Jah's Home...

"Yes, doctor. I'll be there in a minute." - he says, and true to his word, he arrives in forty-nine seconds. "You wanted to see me?"

((The Saigon's underbarrel launcher can be loaded with shotshells. I'll roll for your action in a bit, Pat.
Question: what do you gentlemen think is better: stats or profession bonuses?))
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 54