Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 54

Author Topic: Trailblazers in a World of Winter - Chester crashes the party.  (Read 58656 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trailblazers in a World of Winter - an RTD of survival in a new home.
« Reply #195 on: December 11, 2013, 07:22:24 am »

Build a schematic of the military arm on me from the scans of it then acquire any parts I'm lacking from the quartermaster and build one myself after building a lung and kidney.

While I wait for the parts to arrive go through the legs and pick out the pair that is both most durable and the most agile, also check the hearts to see which one is stronger.

Join the team when it's ready to go, load a crate with my surgical kit as well as a heart and put it on the buggy. Ensure my arm gun is loaded. Put the lung and kidney in the crate if completed in time, also bring an external battery pack that fits the heart and enough tubing to connect up a dozen people.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 10:10:23 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 11, 2013, 09:24:32 am »

"Thank you, Mr. Al-Radi. I'm glad to hear of your confidence in me."

Action: Assemble the go team for the mission-Williams of course if she's in, a dependable comm/techie, and any PC's that want to go.

~

Several loud speakers have already been strung over the camp for announcements-meetings, particular times of day, meals and assignments and such-and now one goes out that everyone in the camp can hear.

"Is this on?

Uh, This is McGaw. I'm looking for a few men and women to help on a long range tactical mission of some import-please, if you are interested, meet me in the auto-bay in an hour-combat and technical skills are a requirement, and we will be leaving ASAP. So make sure you are kitted out and ready to go.

In other news, the notes here say it's synth-bean burritos again for lunch. Eat up while you can-and a friendly reminder, no Xeno-Meat or Plant-Forms have yet been verified edible. Surely, the burritos do not taste that bad, as I have heard often suggested.

That is all."

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 11, 2013, 09:31:28 am »

"Got it."
Head back to the armoury/requisitions office. Get a machete/hatchet. Then look for some place with that looks like it's in charge. If that cannot be found, just roll to decide which other character I run into.
Grab the hatchet and go to meet up with McGraw.

(Hey Dwarmin, you already in the auto-bay?)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 11, 2013, 09:38:25 am »

((Yeah, or we can fudge it that I'll be there whenever you arrive))

Doctor McGaw is indeed sitting in  the auto-bay, reading a personal schematic pointing out to her some of the basics of hover mechanics.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 11, 2013, 09:55:53 am »

As Matveenko spoke, the smile was fading on Chester's face. When QM finished, McLafferty looked grim. His manner of talk changed from mere to serious.
- A mad reconstructor. That's definitely not something new i hear about my person. But you're not the only guy with a mean reason to leave his homeplanet forever. And mind that being a quatermaster is NOT the worst part of serving in Armed forces, - while saying last sentence, his finger passed along his scar. He grabbed his stuff and was away.

Action: find some lone place to get into exoskeleton((i suppose it's slim enough to))put on my longcoat above it, fix knife's scabbard on hip, grab my guns and go for McGaw
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 10:16:06 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 11, 2013, 10:12:28 am »

Doctor McGaw is indeed sitting in  the auto-bay, reading a personal schematic pointing out to her some of the basics of hover mechanics.
"McGaw, right? O'Driscoll here, reporting in."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 11, 2013, 10:27:24 am »

- McLafferty, reporting in.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 11, 2013, 10:28:42 am »

(Are you actually there P?)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 11, 2013, 10:34:40 am »

"McGaw, right? O'Driscoll here, reporting in."
- McLafferty, reporting in.

She nods to both of them, not looking up from her schematic.

"Yes, we met before, Mr. O'Driscoll. We haven't been introduced yet. Mr. McLafferty. My name is Doctor Kathryn McGaw. Until we get some sort of command structure running, I'll be heading up this mission...

Are either of you apprised of the situation yet?"

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 11, 2013, 10:38:36 am »

"Not properly."
He pulls out his vodka and takes a sip.
"Drink? Helps with the cold."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 11, 2013, 10:51:11 am »

She nods to both of them, not looking up from her schematic.

"Yes, we met before, Mr. O'Driscoll. We haven't been introduced yet. Mr. McLafferty. My name is Doctor Kathryn McGaw. Until we get some sort of command structure running, I'll be heading up this mission...

Are either of you apprised of the situation yet?"

- Everyone's talking 'bout that mission, ma'am. Oh, where are my manners? Chester McLafferty, at your service.

"Not properly."

- Да! - he grabs offered bottle and takes several sips. Then he understands he just spitted a word of his native language first time in 10 years of his life. Then gives the bottle back. He's now a bit confused.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 11:06:07 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 11, 2013, 10:58:58 am »

"Not properly."

"Not for me. I'm quite immune to the affects of alcohol." She comments lightly.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 11, 2013, 11:01:09 am »

"Not properly."

"Not for me. I'm quite immune to the affects of alcohol." She comments lightly.
"Poor girl. So what exactly is this op?"

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 11, 2013, 11:04:22 am »

(Are you actually there P?)
((Well, as Dwarmin suggested, i just skipped the part where i'm lopping around the camp asking everyone where the heck is auto-bay. Maybe I got him wrong. If I shouldn't do that, I hope you do forgive me.))
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 11:09:22 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 11, 2013, 11:12:28 am »

"Poor girl. So what exactly is this op?"

"Reconnaissance and Investigation-possible recovery, though I don't know how we could possibly bring so many back if we truly had to...our goal is not to engage, though we may have to defend ourselves.

We're traveling to the site and finding out why none of the pods are responding. We can't verify what we'll be facing till we see it.

Also, on the other term, I would consider it an advantage. Alcoholism is a potentially prejudicial effect that is at least partially influenced by genetics-I can't be tempted to abuse, what has no affect on me. This make me more productive in my chosen field, and allows me to work with less restraints and complications."

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 54