Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 54

Author Topic: Trailblazers in a World of Winter - Chester crashes the party.  (Read 58606 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: Trailblazers in a World of Winter - an RTD of survival in a new home.
« Reply #135 on: December 06, 2013, 01:07:05 pm »

Gentlemen, extremely sorry to interrupt you, but the setting is extraordinary awesome. I have read about some kind of waitlist in first pages - if this idea is still alive, Avis, please be sure I'm on it. Let me know about opportunity of taking part in this marvelous action, I'm currently working on charlist)
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 06, 2013, 02:06:11 pm »

Gentlemen, extremely sorry to interrupt you, but the setting is extraordinary awesome. I have read about some kind of waitlist in first pages - if this idea is still alive, Avis, please be sure I'm on it. Let me know about opportunity of taking part in this marvelous action, I'm currently working on charlist)
((I just blushed like a Disney princess, let me tell you. I'll add it to the OP, so post the charsheet when you're done writing.))

Hold up, sorry I haven't posted! May you please edit turn two to include me? It's okay if you don't.

Don't mind the pod, probably some other person who climbed out already. Just get to the camp.

((Here, all done. Sorry about that.))
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 06, 2013, 02:24:07 pm »

Meet people at the camp.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 06, 2013, 02:50:10 pm »

Charsheet is here.
Warning! Lots of text below.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 12:39:34 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 06, 2013, 04:56:02 pm »

Where's my action?

((You didn't post one since I was driving you all this turn, You are part of Team Hovercraft.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 08, 2013, 07:35:00 am »

Turn Three

Sean:

[2] You lean out through a window and take aim at the nearest xeno. You aim for the center of mass: its short, grubby thorax. However, as soon as you pull the trigger, Will rushes forward, and the creature moves to intercept, ducking low on its spindly legs, and your rounds hit a tree several meters behind it.

Will:

[1]((Oh, shit.)) You rush forward, firing at the creature right in front of you: you think that the hover people have the others covered. The bullets hit the buggy before it can move, spattering black ichor everywhere. You grin and pick up the pace.
Suddenly, you notice a movement out of the corner of your eye. You turn around, struggling to slow down, but you're too late. The xeno Sean fired on earlier skewers you in the left shoulder, above the joint, right between the clavicle and the top rib. The creature's foot is stuck between those bones, so it doesn't pierce you right through, but the pain is agonizing, and your arm hangs limply at your side.
It jerks its foot back, and [4] gets it out. Blood spurts out on the snow.

The doc:
Everything happens so fast, you don't have time to react. Sean firing, Will rushing forward and getting skewered - it all happens in just a few seconds.
[4] You steady your pistol on the hover's door and open fire on the xeno attacking Will. Your first two shots go wide, but the third and fourth find their marks, one blowing off the bug's leg, and the other hitting it right between the eyes, pulverizing its head. You let out a breath. You weren't too late.

Alex:

You raise the pistol and line up a shot at the xeno standing behind the others. You have never fired a real gun before, but you have operated high-powered laser hand-drills back on Europa. This can't be too different, right? Mining for an alien bug's guts with explosive bullets. You grin at the morbidity of it all.
[6] You squeeze the trigger, and find out two things: First, your aim was spot-on. Second, your pistol was on full-auto for some reason. The xeno now resembles a plate of pasta with liquorice after somebody puts it through a blender, but the ammo in your current mag is gone.

Markus:
You hang around the camp in search of somebody familiar. Suddenly, you hear shouting. The source of it, as you find out, is Franz Messing, one of Al-Radi's minions. The comm-wizard himself is here also, patiently enduring being shouted at.
"...and I say, we should go on foot! Screw waiting, it's the lives of eighty people we're talking about!"
Al-Radi frowns, then says, sounding exasperated, "Franz, will you please calm down? With the local fauna, walking on foot is decidedly unsafe. Besides, the hover should return soon.". His frown deepens. "And if anything really serious happened to them, we'll be late anyway. You either land alive, or you die. Not a lot of room in between."
Franz sighs, then his shoulders slump. "Geez, Eisa, you sure know how to cheer a guy up. I'll be with the medicos if you need me." He walks away briskly.
You ask Al-Radi what was that about.
"None of the Jah's Home pods are answering. They were supposed to have their own comm guy, and we'd agreed to establish contact after landing. However, my map shows the ship, but no pods. Franz is very worried about it, and I'm waiting for the hover to come back so we can send it to their landing site." He rubs his eyes with the backs of his hands. "And the local fauna is giving me the willies. They just brought in a girl with some pretty serious injuries. Matveenko is thinking of allowing people to requisition high-power weapons from the armory..."

Jacques:

[2] You spot a handful of medicos crowding around something, and hurry over to them. However, when you're there, you see what it is that they're standing around.
It's a small, dark haired colonist girl. The left side of her face is torn open, and long, deep, jagged cuts crawl down over her her left breast and her stomach. Her shoulder is bent in an unnatural way - looks like the strike that inflicted those cuts on her also snapped it out of joint. She is breathing shallowly, and her face is deathly pale.
Somehow, you don't think the docs would be interested in your fish very much.
[3] You grab a bottle of disinfectant and some coagulant strips from a tray, at a nod from one of the doctors. You wash the bite (there are no signs of infection) and stick one of the strips on it. Should be fine.

[Status]
Dr.McGaw: In the forest, healthy. Inventory: pistol, 24 ammo, ration, standard gear.
Sean: In the forest, healthy. Inventory: pistol, 26 ammo, ration, underwear.
Markus: In the camp, healthy. Inventory: pistol, 28 ammo, ration, standard gear.
Alex: In the forest, healthy. Inventory: pistol, 14 ammo, ration, standard gear.
Jacques: In the camp, healthy. Inventory: pistol, 28 ammo, ration, standard gear, fish in a box.
Will: In the forest, mild shock, serious bleeding, lost use of left arm. Inventory: pistol, 25 ammo, ration, standard gear.
Hostiles: a snow bug, possibly more.

((P., I'll try and get you in next turn))
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 01:45:06 pm by Avis-Mergulus »
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 08, 2013, 07:50:32 am »

Kill the xeno attacking Will.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 08, 2013, 07:56:29 am »

Kill the xeno attacking Will.
((The doc got that one already.))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 08, 2013, 07:58:44 am »

((P., I'll try and get you in next turn))
Oh, that is fine.
Sigs

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 08, 2013, 08:12:32 am »

Kill the remaining xeno.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 08, 2013, 09:00:57 am »

McGaw's mental calculations did not predict high probability of survival for the inhabitant of pod-16. She did not even carry the most basic of medical equipment on her person-they had to get back to base...

"We need to get out of here..

Williams! Can you get one of those dead Xeno's and put it in the back of the hover while we get Will? We might lose pod-16, but if we can study them we might make it worth his arm, or his life-it could save other lives. Just make sure it's dead."

Action: Best get Will in the hover when the bugs are down-shoot anymore if I have to, but we need to escape...

Also, get Williams to stuff one of the dead bugs in the trunk if we're not being actively pursued or threatened.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 08, 2013, 09:30:19 am »

Get out of the hover, throw snow or rocks/shhot xenos, shout, get back in the hover! Reload if needed.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 08, 2013, 10:31:51 am »

Look for some sort of leather or similarly strong material to make armour out of.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 54