Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 342854 times)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Heh, you covered what I was going to do before the iPad ate my post and I had to go work on other stuff.))

As Aurel berates the shifter and blackguard soundly, Karl locks eyes with the shifter, letting the implacable certainty of his faith fill and strengthen him.

((Intimidate - Aid Another to Aurel's check?))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

((Hell, I've got pretty good Intimidate. Can I assist as well?))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((If highmax allows it, up to four of us can try to help Aurel. If we get a result of 10 or higher on our intimidate, we add +2 to Aurel's roll.

I'm also amused, as we balance precariously on the edge of open bloodshed yet again. Let the blackguard say one word about Orcus, and Karl and Symon can race to see who murders him first!))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

((I'm also amused, as we balance precariously on the edge of open bloodshed yet again. Let the blackguard say one word about Orcus, and Karl and Symon can race to see who murders him first!))

((A race that almost everyone can enjoy! Though the guards are watching...))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

((I am assistance for intimidate rolls. Unlike my DM who says you need to be trained, you can all take part in assisting but those trained give a +3 instead of a +2. And he isn't one of Orcus, but...))

He steps in front of you.

"You got a problem with it, peasant?"

He spits as he finishes his sentence

Symon's hands reach for his flail and grips it tightly, glaring back at the man, "Depends on who's asking."
Aurel finally dismounts and steps up, annoyed at all the people taking his spotlight. Talking to the arrogant man firstly.

"I suggest you keep your tongue in your mouth unless you want it cut out, scoundrel. Heed my comrade's warnings or search for death. That man, pardon, creature, is not somebody that somebody of your caliber can take on. I also suggest you do not provoke this young lad any more unless you want your head smashed to a pulp. He has a rather short temper. Nobody would kneel to fools like you and I would suggest you bugger out of our way before you get yourselves trouble. And to be quite honest, you and your laviscious friend just aren't cut out for having leading roles. And heed my warning, this fair lady can take you two out fairly easy without breaking a sweat... or even a weapon. In fact, I don't think anybody in my party has taken a liking or worries about you, my foolish friend. Do not tempt Lady Luck."

((Diplomacy/Intimidate Check))

After a great look of contempt at the "leader", turn to the dwarf. Charming Gaze.

"Dwarf, we have met your friends. Some have been attacked by shadow creatures but most of them should be fine and well on their way. We are on our way to the fortress that you yourself have fled from, to free it of the evil from there, for we will surely succeed in this task without a doubt. I would suggest you leave your ruffian leader and go recruit some of your friends or people to start making their way back to the fortress. Time is of the essense. We already have the support of a large chunk of the dwarves, but as you might suspect, everyone counts. You will find only death on the path that you have taken so far. Go on, leave this place and make haste to returning with your kin."

((Diplomacy Check.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
))
((Heh, you covered what I was going to do before the iPad ate my post and I had to go work on other stuff.))

As Aurel berates the shifter and blackguard soundly, Karl locks eyes with the shifter, letting the implacable certainty of his faith fill and strengthen him.

((Intimidate - Aid Another to Aurel's check?))
((Hell, I've got pretty good Intimidate. Can I assist as well?))

(9+5+2+3) He flinched a little bit at Aurel. He takes a step back, gripping his longspear tightly and stares at Symon and the Aurel.

"Maybe one day, we'll test that theory. I'd revel in shoving my spear in his throat... But not today. We need our strength to kill this creature."

He mumbles something that not even Symon could hear, for the dwarf speaks up right away. (?)

"If it weren't for the fact that working with these lads paid off a debt to them, I would gladly join you in reclaiming ma ancestral home. If I make it out of this, I'll make for there as soon as I can; that necromancer wouldn't stand a chance against the eight of us."

He tosses you a small case with some papers wrapped up in it. The leader gives off a slight irk in his face as he knows what he tossed.

"These are some bounty board clippings that these fools thought they could handle. One of them is for the necromancer, but the others are bandit camps that are in the area. You'll need those also to receive payment for the bounties. The pay is good and I think you lads and lass would last longer then these misfits."

The last sentence, he turns and makes a mocking sound when he "leader". He points off and mutters directions towards the east. They follow him, and the blackguard winks at Thyra as he turns, and gives Symon and Aurel each a look that plots revenge.

The party has now reached the caravan stop town of Mosstone. Thyra makes a comment about not getting arrested again as you enter.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Aw, the blackguard doesn't want revenge against Karl also? I'll have to change that next time we see him.))

Karl shakes his head and pats Symon on the shoulder. "If we cross paths with that one again, I'll gladly help you end him."

Karl looks around "Let's take a day in town and enjoy sleeping in actual beds before we're on the road once more. Since this is a caravan town, we can probably find any common items we might need."

Assuming the group agrees with him, once we've picked out an inn, Karl will look around to see if a temple to the Raven Queen exists here. Symon's encounter with a glimpse of Bahamut has reminded him that he's past due visiting one of his Goddess' temples.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

((Aw, the blackguard doesn't want revenge against Karl also? I'll have to change that next time we see him.))

Karl shakes his head and pats Symon on the shoulder. "If we cross paths with that one again, I'll gladly help you end him."

Karl looks around "Let's take a day in town and enjoy sleeping in actual beds before we're on the road once more. Since this is a caravan town, we can probably find any common items we might need."

Assuming the group agrees with him, once we've picked out an inn, Karl will look around to see if a temple to the Raven Queen exists here. Symon's encounter with a glimpse of Bahamut has reminded him that he's past due visiting one of his Goddess' temples.
Being it roughly 2pm, you assume you will be staying the night here. You realize after you enter the gates, this is a VERY small town, with just under 3000 people populating it. There are two inns, one which Thyra goes to immediately and is welcomed by the innkeeper who is a very large human. He gives the party free room and meals as in the last town for as long as you wish as long as Thyra plays her music and tells her tales for awhile. She immediately gets to work.

With Mosstone being a small town and all, there are no temples around here to any deities. There are, however, a lot of stalls and a blacksmith and an apothecary as well as a general store that seems to be the center of trade in this place, as it seems to also double as a pawn shop... And the bounty board is next to it as it stands across the plaza from the barracks.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Karl then goes and chats with the locals about the local bandit problem. How many are there? Are they particularly well organized or remarkable? Do they have any magic items or anything else well known?

((I'm guessing a streetwise check to find information, but it's up to you.))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

Symon waits in the common room, listening to Thyra sing as he patiently waits, determined to finally get a chance to talk to her.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): Bounty Hunters in Mosstone
« Reply #2754 on: April 13, 2014, 08:42:56 pm »

"Well, that was an interesting encounter with those fellows."
Cromwell chuckles slightly, and glanced over at Aurel.
"I wonder if they know how lucky they are to be alive, right now."

Wander about the town semi-aimlessly.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: April 13, 2014, 08:50:16 pm »

((Aww, I'm a bit disappointed myself. I was prepared to drop their leader in one shot and threaten the blackguard. So much for that. And the poor dwarf probably wouldn't last against what we know as the huge bulging monster. Oh well, so much for reinforcements after we reclaim it.))

Check up on the Kruthik firstly. Secondly check the papers that the dwarf gave me. Then go to the pawn shop and using Charming Gaze, negotiate with the person there to sell all my useless trinkets, and maybe socks. Aurel, no longer being rich as he used to be, returns to his room in the inn and starts praying to the Raven Queen over a sip of wine. When it gets to about 5 PM, go to sleep for 8 hours if nothing requires my immediate attention.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 09:05:02 pm by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: April 14, 2014, 01:04:54 am »

((You're sipping wine, in this game?! I think your prayer is going to go "Oh, Raven Queen emerms, fmek *thump*"))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: April 14, 2014, 01:33:15 am »

((You're sipping wine, in this game?! I think your prayer is going to go "Oh, Raven Queen emerms, fmek *thump*"))

((Doesn't matter. Will wake up at night, which is what I want.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: April 14, 2014, 04:06:32 am »

((Try not to get arrested again, otherwise Thyra will kick you in the nuts again. And the Raven Queen weeps for you if she crits.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: April 14, 2014, 05:25:44 am »

((Try not to get arrested again, otherwise Thyra will kick you in the nuts again. And the Raven Queen weeps for you if she crits.))

((I would weep even if it's not a crit. Besides, I have the cover of the night. My sneaking skills are on par with my diplomacy ones.

Edit: Are there any other europeans in this game except me and Karl?))
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 06:22:57 am by apiks »
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 344