Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 342829 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

((Yay.

Also, Symon is still looking for Thyra, by the way.))
Thyra stands in awe as Urist walks off. Rax, being ignored, runs to catch up before the two head down the path. She turns to see you looking at her and she points and mouths Its him. The party mounts up and begins down the path after receiving 75 experience for stopping the argument without violence.

((I'm going to fast forward here)) You travel for five days uninterrupted and make it to the town of Mosstone after dealing with storms and other weather effects. You start to notice as you get closer to the mountains to the south, the land seems to have moments of slight clouds of fog rolling in and vanishing quickly. As you hit town, the land, although normal in appearance, you can tell something is wrong here; as if a shadow looms over the place, drooling over life and tainting it with an unknown and unseen sickness. Nadarr feels much better and has even been walking alongside the cart every now and then. Thyra and Symon constantly look at one another and each grow redder the more often it happens. Every now and then, a lone crow is seen but only in a distance that no one's weapons can reach, and when you see it, a feeling of dread falls before you. The road felt quite lonely with no passerbys.

You make it to the town and instead of the first people you see are the guards, the first people you see are a group of seven walking out of the town. One is a proud, almost arrogant, humanoid in leather gear with a grey cloak overtop with a pattern bearing strange markings, and he appears to be the leader. The next appears to be twin gnomes that are in leather gear, one carrying two hand crossbows, the other a short sword and a dagger, and both seemed to be cracking jokes to one another. Next were three dwarves. One wore chainmail and carried a mace and looked very timid, another wore scale mail, shield and a battleaxe and seemed very angry, and the last dwarf was in cloth gear carrying a large axe on his back that reminds you all of executioners and looked the most calm of the group. The last member is a human that looks to be Symon's age but looks stronger and much more attractive. He also carries a longspear, wearing platemail and wears a smug grin on his face, and a quick look would suggest that he would be the next in line of this group if the "leader" fell.

(?) Symon notices he's checking out Thyra and his smug grin widens with arrogance. The leader figure notices you and approaches you with his group and points at Karl.

"Are you the leader of this group, paladin?" He asks with a deep, booming voice. The other party, save the smug human and the calm dwarf, seems to not be fully aware of your group being present, just following the leader. A quick look shows slight fangs from the leader figure, but they appear more canine then vampire, and his hair seems to be very long, as well as his skin being dark. Symon ((because he has this godly passive perception)) notices the smug human giving Thyra a wink. A quick look shows her face turn red a little bit as her face shows her getting flustered, and grows more red as her eyes once again, meet with Symon's.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

((Back in the past...))
Karl raises an eyebrow "Was that hesitation more 'I don't want to say' or 'I'm not sure if there's a bounty on me yet?'" he asks with a chuckle as he helps Nadarr back to the wagon and checks his horse, waiting patiently for Symon to finish his prayers.
"More the second, and I'm not sure if they've been able to make it out this far yet. But I'll be wary, in any case."

((Back to the present.))

Cromwell watches them intently, scanning them for anything hidden on them.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

Symon sinks lower into his seat, not needing his godly perception to realize that he's out of his depths. Despite his efforts, he finds himself jealously staring at the young and confident warrior, when he isn't glancing at Thyra to see her reactions, of course.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

Observes the party and especially their "leader" carefully, wondering whether I know anything about his fangs. Afterwards I look critically at Karl in silence, waiting for a reaction.

((Perception Check.))
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 05:06:15 am by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Observes the party and especially their "leader" carefully, wondering whether I know anything about his fangs. Afterwards I look critically at Karl in silence, waiting for a reaction.

((Perception Check.))
(?) they aren't vampire fangs. They remind you of wolf fangs, but he doesn't look like a werewolf, considering how scrawny he looks. He looks like a hybrid human/wolf but he seems more human then a werewolf

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((What happened to my prayer btw? Did it ever get registered?))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Karl squares his shoulders, the leader's arrogance putting him on edge.

"You can address me as well as any other in our group. Few of us are particularly slow in giving voice to our thoughts. What do you want?" he says, his deep voice edging on a growl as he notices the human eyeing Thyra lasciviously.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Karl squares his shoulders, the leader's arrogance putting him on edge.

"You can address me as well as any other in our group. Few of us are particularly slow in giving voice to our thoughts. What do you want?" he says, his deep voice edging on a growl as he notices the human eyeing Thyra lasciviously.
He lets out a muffled growl and crosses his arms.

"If you're all here to hunt down that creature that is butchering the townsfolk, forget it; we told the captain of the guard here that we'll be the one to take him down. He won't accept a misfit group like you anyways. Maybe you can deal with some of the other guys on the bounty board in town."

The human eyeing Thyra grins and then speaks.

"Oh leave them be. They're just travellers... One of them being a very... Beautiful looking elf."

He nods to Thyra.

"So what's a fine beauty like yourself dealing with a bunch of clowns like these? They holding your stuff?"

Thyra grips her bow tightly at this. The calm dwarf jams his elbow into him.

"Mind your tongue, Regdar. Leave them alone, they mean us no harm."

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"creature? Did it resemble an armored giant made of shadow? If so, I'll commend you now to the Raven Queen if you seek it out."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The human eyeing Thyra grins and then speaks.

"Oh leave them be. They're just travellers... One of them being a very... Beautiful looking elf."

He nods to Thyra.

"So what's a fine beauty like yourself dealing with a bunch of clowns like these? They holding your stuff?"

Symon flips his cowl over his head to hide his blush as he starts mumbling a prayer to Bahamut.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"creature? Did it resemble an armored giant made of shadow? If so, I'll commend you now to the Raven Queen if you seek it out."
"Keep your prayers to yourself, bastard. No one has seen it but one man, and he never described what the thing looked like. We're mostly following the blood trails. And plus, we heard it attacks at night, so we'll travel mostly then. We heard it moved east and slightly south, and we'll get a leg up on it when we get our mounts over by the stables there." He points to the small farm.

"After this, we'll be treated like kings... He steps forward and with an arrogant nod. "... And I'll be sure you kneel to us."

The dwarf steps forward.

"Ignore the boy. He thinks that being a blackguard makes him a tough guy. There will be no kneeling to anyone. I am Thoradin, one of the few survivors of the fortress that fell to the south. Perhaps you ran into my friends in the caravan? Tell me they are well."

The leader figure snarls at the dwarf's talk.

"Enough of this. Regdar, keep your domination vice under control, or you'll spend a night in the jail again. And Thoradin, you're supposed to be tracking this creature, so get started! As for you people, if you want to live long enough , you won't cross us. We're the only bounty hunting group in mosstone. You want to do jobs here, you leave the high paying ones to us and we'll get along just fine. I swear by the honor as a longtooth shifter.

So are you going to be on your sweet merry way, or do we have to cut through you?"

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Symon's head slowly rises up, "Blackguard?"

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Symon's head slowly rises up, "Blackguard?"
He steps in front of you.

"You got a problem with it, peasant?"

He spits as he finishes his sentence

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He steps in front of you.

"You got a problem with it, peasant?"

He spits as he finishes his sentence

Symon's hands reach for his flail and grips it tightly, glaring back at the man, "Depends on who's asking."

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aurel finally dismounts and steps up, annoyed at all the people taking his spotlight. Talking to the arrogant man firstly.

"I suggest you keep your tongue in your mouth unless you want it cut out, scoundrel. Heed my comrade's warnings or search for death. That man, pardon, creature, is not somebody that somebody of your caliber can take on. I also suggest you do not provoke this young lad any more unless you want your head smashed to a pulp. He has a rather short temper. Nobody would kneel to fools like you and I would suggest you bugger out of our way before you get yourselves trouble. And to be quite honest, you and your laviscious friend just aren't cut out for having leading roles. And heed my warning, this fair lady can take you two out fairly easy without breaking a sweat... or even a weapon. In fact, I don't think anybody in my party has taken a liking or worries about you, my foolish friend. Do not tempt Lady Luck."

((Diplomacy/Intimidate Check))

After a great look of contempt at the "leader", turn to the dwarf. Charming Gaze.

"Dwarf, we have met your friends. Some have been attacked by shadow creatures but most of them should be fine and well on their way. We are on our way to the fortress that you yourself have fled from, to free it of the evil from there, for we will surely succeed in this task without a doubt. I would suggest you leave your ruffian leader and go recruit some of your friends or people to start making their way back to the fortress. Time is of the essense. We already have the support of a large chunk of the dwarves, but as you might suspect, everyone counts. You will find only death on the path that you have taken so far. Go on, leave this place and make haste to returning with your kin."

((Diplomacy Check.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
))
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 344