Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 342763 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): Bounty Hunters in Mosstone
« Reply #2760 on: April 14, 2014, 07:10:49 am »

((Your DM is Canadian, so not me))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: April 14, 2014, 09:16:24 am »

((I'm Canadian too, sorry. And we all know that Sirus lives on the west coast of the USA too. I also believe that mastahcheese is American, but don't quote me on that. No clue about anyone else though.))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: April 14, 2014, 09:32:04 am »

((I'm Canadian too, sorry. And we all know that Sirus lives on the west coast of the USA too. I also believe that mastahcheese is American, but don't quote me on that. No clue about anyone else though.))

((I know that mastahcheese is american as well. So only two of us are european.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: April 14, 2014, 09:53:04 am »

((Given posting times I've seen from other people, I think that's correct.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Karl then goes and chats with the locals about the local bandit problem. How many are there? Are they particularly well organized or remarkable? Do they have any magic items or anything else well known?

((I'm guessing a streetwise check to find information, but it's up to you.))
You go to ask a civilian about the bandit bounties and find yourself approached by the captain of the guard. He says the camps are all within a days travel from Mosstone, and they raid on caravans headed north to Amn. They're also known to move camps often, so it is difficult for the guards to deal with them without proper planning. Only one group is known to be in one place, but the guards can't take the chance of taking it over being 6 hours on horseback to the east. He pulls up a map of the area and marks the locations of the areas they mostly stay at. He also marks the location of the necromancer to the far south. He says if you can get a tracker, it will be easier to find the bandits. He also says the necromancer holds the highest bounty, excluding the Tethyr Butcher, but no one will head there. He even says the previous party wouldn't, not because it was dangerous, but "it was too far".

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Well, that was an interesting encounter with those fellows."
Cromwell chuckles slightly, and glanced over at Aurel.
"I wonder if they know how lucky they are to be alive, right now."

Wander about the town semi-aimlessly.
You do so. There really isn't much here but there are quite a few caravans about.

((Aww, I'm a bit disappointed myself. I was prepared to drop their leader in one shot and threaten the blackguard. So much for that. And the poor dwarf probably wouldn't last against what we know as the huge bulging monster. Oh well, so much for reinforcements after we reclaim it.))

Check up on the Kruthik firstly. Secondly check the papers that the dwarf gave me. Then go to the pawn shop and using Charming Gaze, negotiate with the person there to sell all my useless trinkets, and maybe socks. Aurel, no longer being rich as he used to be, returns to his room in the inn and starts praying to the Raven Queen over a sip of wine. When it gets to about 5 PM, go to sleep for 8 hours if nothing requires my immediate attention.
The general store owner says for the 36 pairs of socks, he will take them all off your hands for 72 silver pieces (2 silver a pair). As for your useless bauble, he checks it out and offers 5gp, no more then that. (19+12+4) He says he'll do 3 silver for each pair (108silver pieces) and 7gp for the bauble.

Symon waits in the common room, listening to Thyra sing as he patiently waits, determined to finally get a chance to talk to her.
Sirus is the only one, excluding Thyra, who is left in the common room. She keeps on playing as the day goes on ((waiting on apiks' response))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: April 14, 2014, 11:41:46 am »

Sell and continue with the rest of my action.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: April 14, 2014, 11:53:04 am »

Karl thanks the captain for his time and rolls up the map. With none of the bandits operating along the road to the fortress, he doesn't see a lot of purpose in hunting them down specifically, but he'll put the question to the group in the morning. The bandits to the east may be worth wiping out on the way to the fortress, however, and he's a bit relieved that even if they aren't slaughtered by the butcher, the bounty hunters won't be interfering in their mission.

Karl returns to the inn and has dinner, giving Symon his privacy, as it's been obvious the lad wants time with Thyra. At sundown, he goes to his room to pray to the Raven Queen with the dying if the day, hoping for wisdom in dealing with the blackguard, should they cross paths again.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: April 14, 2014, 06:11:18 pm »

((I live in Europe.))

Nadarr looks at his pet and sees if she needs fed.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: April 14, 2014, 07:02:32 pm »

((Currently at work; I'll post as soon as I'm there to update Aurel's funds and other stuff... Something tells me the party is going to get arrested again...))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: April 14, 2014, 07:05:19 pm »

((Currently at work; I'll post as soon as I'm there to update Aurel's funds and other stuff... Something tells me the party is going to get arrested again...))

((And for Symon to completely blow at talking to Thyra. It'll be great.))

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: April 14, 2014, 07:29:49 pm »

Look around for my party members, hoping to stumble upon them getting arrested again or something.

((And yeah, I'm an American.))
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: April 14, 2014, 08:24:12 pm »

((So let me get this straight...

Half of us are in one hemisphere, the other half is on the other?

... I feel awesome DMing this now...))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: April 14, 2014, 08:26:15 pm »

((I don't get why that's so surprising. This is the internet, after all. Nothing is preventing us from talking to one another.))

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: April 14, 2014, 08:59:11 pm »

((I talk to people on the other side of the planet all the time.))
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: April 14, 2014, 09:01:35 pm »

((I don't get why that's so surprising. This is the internet, after all. Nothing is preventing us from talking to one another.))
((I talk to people on the other side of the planet all the time.))
((Don't spoil the moment!))
Sell and continue with the rest of my action.
You do so. You head back to the inn and head to sleep. You pass by Cromwell but you ignore him waving you down. A few heads turn at you when Cromwell says something about getting arrested. You head to your room and down some wine. (?) (17+1 vs 15) You don't get drunk but you feel tired and rest for 8 hours (11pm).

Karl thanks the captain for his time and rolls up the map. With none of the bandits operating along the road to the fortress, he doesn't see a lot of purpose in hunting them down specifically, but he'll put the question to the group in the morning. The bandits to the east may be worth wiping out on the way to the fortress, however, and he's a bit relieved that even if they aren't slaughtered by the butcher, the bounty hunters won't be interfering in their mission.

Karl returns to the inn and has dinner, giving Symon his privacy, as it's been obvious the lad wants time with Thyra. At sundown, he goes to his room to pray to the Raven Queen with the dying if the day, hoping for wisdom in dealing with the blackguard, should they cross paths again.
The captain stops you before you head back and says to claim the bounties, you require proof of their death. A finger works, but a head is a better confirmation. He says the bandit camps only require the head of their leader. You return to the inn and order a meal, keeping an eye on Symon as he gazes at Thyra singing and playing her harp ((I can see him acting out that pianist scene in Final Fantasy VIII where he goes to talk to her, chokes up and then while choking up, gets the guts to talk to her and screws it all up :P )). You see Aurel go to his room and rest up. You admit it IS rather early, but you ignore it.

((I live in Europe.))

Nadarr looks at his pet and sees if she needs fed.
((I forgot about you...)) You hang out at the stables where the kruthik is held. She's been on a diet of rabbits and dried meat from everyone's trail rations and seems to be hungry right now... (?) And she seems sick of the dried meat you're giving her right now.

Sirus ((to make this work hilarious wonders)) goes to join Karl sitting and watching.

A half hour goes by, and then Thyra stops to take a break and sits with Symon.

"Any idea why Karl and Sirus are watching you?"

Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 344