Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What was your favorite part of the journey?

GOBLINS! AND LOTS OF THEM!
- 0 (0%)
The assassins in the town!
- 1 (11.1%)
Gonzou suiciding!
- 1 (11.1%)
The shadow monster encounters of all kinds!
- 0 (0%)
The mountains!
- 0 (0%)
The werewolf incident with Nadarr, leading to us getting arrested!
- 2 (22.2%)
The bandit camp side quests!
- 0 (0%)
The fortress upper levels! (Necromancers, gate, madmen)
- 1 (11.1%)
The caverns! (Dragon, Cotl, Cave Crocs)
- 2 (22.2%)
The Fortress lower levels! (Maze, Grot/Symon/Gonzou Fight, Husks)
- 0 (0%)
The flesh party that was the final battle!
- 0 (0%)
The epilogue (and the end of almost two years of madness)
- 2 (22.2%)
None! It sucked!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 344

Author Topic: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): 86 Days Remain...  (Read 342768 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Play Dungeons and Dragons (4th Edition): Bounty Hunters in Mosstone
« Reply #2775 on: April 14, 2014, 09:07:59 pm »

((My action?))
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: April 14, 2014, 09:09:15 pm »

((My action?))
((Kind of included with Aurel's where you troll him by shouting "DON'T GET ARRESTED AGAIN!"))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: April 14, 2014, 09:10:09 pm »

((Ah, ok.))
Head back to the inn.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: April 14, 2014, 09:11:11 pm »

A half hour goes by, and then Thyra stops to take a break and sits with Symon.

"Any idea why Karl and Sirus are watching you?"

Symon's confidence and determination quickly melts away as he remembers how pretty Thyra is. "N-n-n-no. I-I w-was j-j-j-just t-t-trying t-t-to t-t-talk to you and s-s-s-s-s-say..." Symon slowly trails off, his face beet red from embarrassment. He keeps his eyes firmly on his hands, which are clasped tightly in his lap.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: April 14, 2014, 10:15:00 pm »

A half hour goes by, and then Thyra stops to take a break and sits with Symon.

"Any idea why Karl and Weston are watching you?"

Symon's confidence and determination quickly melts away as he remembers how pretty Thyra is. "N-n-n-no. I-I w-was j-j-j-just t-t-trying t-t-to t-t-talk to you and s-s-s-s-s-say..." Symon slowly trails off, his face beet red from embarrassment. He keeps his eyes firmly on his hands, which are clasped tightly in his lap.
"And say...? She twirls her fingers to signal "go on". She giggles as your face turns red. You start to notice other patrons glancing at the two of you every now and then. The bartender grins and gets a bottle of wine from his rack and comes over and puts it on the table with two glasses.

"Its on the house, young sir and ma'am. Its whimsy wine, and popular for younglings like you two."

Thyra seems a little flustered at that statement. Before either of you can refuse, he walks off and makes a quick statement in your ear.

"Don't mess this up, lad."

As he walks off, more faces join in and watch. They don't seem to look it, but all eyes are on you now. (75%) It doesn't hinder nor help your situation. Most of the patrons are talking as per usual, but your keen sense of hearing ((your damned passive perception...)) has you hear people making bets on you screwing it up or going through with it. One even bets that you'll end up waking up next to her for 100gp, which makes your face turn red as you with you didn't hear that.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 05:53:34 am by highmax28 »

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: April 14, 2014, 11:11:15 pm »

((Just don't make a ruckus during the night. Aurel needs his beauty sleep. Also, it's been some long 10 days. I think taking an early rest isn't that unexpected. I also forgot about you, Nadarr. I knew we forgot someone.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: April 15, 2014, 01:05:23 am »

((Did you forget my character's name or something? ???
Not that I blame you, I haven't been active. Just almost nothing Weston can do that some other character can't do better and it feels like we're making very little progress.))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: April 15, 2014, 02:53:45 am »

((Did you forget my character's name or something? ???
Not that I blame you, I haven't been active. Just almost nothing Weston can do that some other character can't do better and it feels like we're making very little progress.))

((Lol, I just saw that on the previous page [last post]. It's hilarious.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: April 15, 2014, 03:39:14 am »

((Weston and Karl can make peanut gallery comments while watching Symon and Thyra!

Hm... for unique skills, how long-range is your connection to your familiar? Could you use her to scout out the bandit areas?

I have to say this part of the game is where my rational side and gamer side are in conflict. The rational side knows that time is still passing in game and highmax will take that into account. The gamer side wants to treat this as any other RPG where the main quest will wait forever and go around doing all the bounties and any other sidequests around this town for the extra loot and XP. :P))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: April 15, 2014, 03:42:39 am »

((Weston and Karl can make peanut gallery comments while watching Symon and Thyra!

Hm... for unique skills, how long-range is your connection to your familiar? Could you use her to scout out the bandit areas?

I have to say this part of the game is where my rational side and gamer side are in conflict. The rational side knows that time is still passing in game and highmax will take that into account. The gamer side wants to treat this as any other RPG where the main quest will wait forever and go around doing all the bounties and any other sidequests around this town for the extra loot and XP. :P))

((Well, I think we still have 20 more days before the month given to us by Olon is up. The main problem would be how fast we'll clear the fortress, which I expect to be about 10 days. I think we might even be late for the deadline. I was thinking about clearing the fortress first and then on the way back dealing with the bandits. It's not like they're going anywhere, especially since the bounties are with us.))
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: April 15, 2014, 05:37:47 am »

((Well, we have copies of the bounties. Assuming the bounty hunters wise up and run away, don't find their target or otherwise survive, they might clear out the bandits.

I'm also expecting the crow we keep seeing following us means that we'll get a visit from our employer's cyborg minion as soon as we get the ring.

And the first thing I'm doing when we find it is doing every knowledge check possible. I'm not handing an artifact-level item back to Mr. Sinister.))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: April 15, 2014, 05:40:47 am »

((Well, we have copies of the bounties. Assuming the bounty hunters wise up and run away, don't find their target or otherwise survive, they might clear out the bandits.

I'm also expecting the crow we keep seeing following us means that we'll get a visit from our employer's cyborg minion as soon as we get the ring.

And the first thing I'm doing when we find it is doing every knowledge check possible. I'm not handing an artifact-level item back to Mr. Sinister.))
((I don't think any of us wants that. Nadarr, in particular, holds a deep hatred of the boyoh. He embarrassed him and made him look weak. In other words, there will be those who keep it to stop Mr. Sinister from getting it, and those who keep it because...well....artifact! Shiny! Useful!))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: April 15, 2014, 05:59:32 am »

((Time with Thyra and Symon won't advance quickly , but I will do a roll for how long it takes to find the bandits. Remember, the guards couldn't deal with them because they moved a lot. It also means they're probably disorganized or very clever. Mans I should mention that 12 days passed and I'm sure Olon gave you 40 days total (including the 2-3 days of preparation) so you have time. I'm going to be 100% honest though, it will be faster returning since you will know the path and he maze will be easier because you carry the map))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: April 15, 2014, 06:30:15 am »

((And the bandits give us something to do on the way back  :P))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: April 15, 2014, 06:55:01 am »

((Most of them are in an area we passed through anyway. The 'x' on the map should be the fixed base that was too far away from town for the guards to go out and raid, but it's (somewhat) on a direct line between town and the dwarvern fortress.))
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 344