Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 60

Author Topic: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.  (Read 85407 times)

Elorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody expects the Bearded Inquisition!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.
« Reply #825 on: March 11, 2014, 03:20:41 pm »

Allo, has there been any progress? I really would like this to continue!

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: March 11, 2014, 05:01:35 pm »

Hello, not sure if I should give up and not bother with anything DMA related or just continue in hopes Teledwarf is back soon.

Could continue without him, have someone else play, but I doubt any of us are up to do that, the now at least.
Besides it has only been what, 17-18 days since he was last on.

Elorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: March 12, 2014, 10:00:51 am »

Hello, not sure if I should give up and not bother with anything DMA related or just continue in hopes Teledwarf is back soon.

Could continue without him, have someone else play, but I doubt any of us are up to do that, the now at least.
Besides it has only been what, 17-18 days since he was last on.
Yeah, Gorgeadmired doesn't really run all that smooth on my computer without using mods and I doubt if I would be a good Gamemaster.  :P
*shrug* We'll hope for the best then.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: March 17, 2014, 07:06:28 am »

Sorry, I recently became obssesed with my own mortality and have developed some acquired powers...

I would be happy to continue the game as the overseer/gamemaster or for anyone else to do so but it doesn't seem right to just take over... I guess we'll have to wait and see if Tele comes back or not.
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: June 03, 2014, 10:11:16 am »

Hey guys, what have you been up to recently?

I honestly thought that you would go on playing with some other GM, since save and everything is uploaded. Nothing wron in taking over a game if GM became unresonsive (I may have died, jailed, conscripted or something like that. Waiting for me in that case would be quite futile...)

Anyway. I am back(kind of) and now I wonder what to do. Is there anyone for trying to revive this game or would it be better to start something new in Masterwork or something?

Dr.Propz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: June 04, 2014, 01:05:50 am »

I may not have been a participant, but I would love for this to be continued somehow. The entire premise is interesting

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: June 04, 2014, 02:11:21 am »

as I said I would have been fine with taking over but it didn't seem right to just take over with no word from you
I'm definitely all for continuing..  maybe we could restart or something? (or wait for df2014)
(also I vote not to use masterwork)
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: June 04, 2014, 05:11:45 am »

splendid. We have our fabled Council Secretary back and we have a new player. Awesome!!!

Let's flood here a bit more before deciding for good to see if anyone else shows up.

Restart is a good idea. First of all we could rectify the issues we ran into. Like make the map smaller to start with. That would allow us to choose the overseers in terms, like consuls in roman republic. Also maybe choosing a specific world with specific biomes and/or features could be cool. Maybe changing the embark build to more/less forgiving. etc...

Waiting for df2014 can take a bit long. First of all because we do not have any guarantee that it will be released any time soon or at all. Yes, I have seen the devlog(last few entries), but I do believe only in what I can see. Many people were certain that it would be df2013...
We also do use some modifications and tools for our game. Some are not absolutely necessary, like actually reproducing dragons, while others are essential for proper gameplay, like DwarfTherapist, DFHack and tilesets... It can take quite a whil;e for modders to support new version of DF.

(you dislike Masterwork? features there sound extremely fun and I am quite unfamiliar with it, so fun would definitely be immense :) )

Elorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: June 04, 2014, 08:28:31 am »

*jumps from the lurking shadows*

Hurray! The Metropol lives again! I'll of course rejoin it again. :D

A restart would be handy with maybe an embark filled with diverse metals, stones and gems? Not a desert or glacier anyway.
DF2012 is probably for the best, I assume that the next release will be riddled with bugs and stuff. No fun having the game crash halfway.
Using Masterwork would add some fun factors, although it would be a bit weird if your dwarf is forced into becoming a Carp cult leader or something like that.

Anyway, welcome back Teledwarf :)

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: June 04, 2014, 08:46:42 am »

I'm all for a restart. :) I would suggest trying to use the months till DF2014 has its most severe bugs fixed to cause the fortress to collapse into a flaming wreck, but that's just me.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: June 04, 2014, 09:02:47 am »

ah i didnt consider bugfixing period to be honest, but i think you can rely on the july estimate tele,
main benefit of a restart is maybe putting it in the right forum hehe
alright then lets do a current version restart

but I'm not in favor of masterwork, I dislike the premise of simplifying the materials, and I don't really get much out of all the added fortress mode elements, I have more fun with the limited capabilites you have in vanilla.  All the other hazardous creatures and such however would be good.. if most people want it i'd be willing to give it another go
maybe we should try fortress defense mod or mod our own enemies or something
edit- good to see elorf and d4x are still around!  I might pm cain..
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 09:04:49 am by neblime »

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: June 05, 2014, 06:23:33 am »

Re-union is going on splendidly. I see that restart is really a prevalent thought. so while we are waiting if Cain, Kerod and others will show up we can decide on the future rules and start conditions. Like what you think should be changed, implemented, etc. in our new playthrough.

Maybe some backstories to have RP right from the start and adequate starting equipment and skills (martial arts expert anyone(high wrestler/misc.object user)?)

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: June 05, 2014, 06:31:12 am »

well at least we have a lot established now so we don't have to vote on alot of rules.. also I suppose we should forget the idea of royal liason if we're going to be taking turns as overseers, also I changed my mind about fortress defense mod, or masterwork enemies, I think the military situation was proving perfectly tenuous as we were.

Elorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: June 05, 2014, 11:15:01 am »

So the plan is to make it a successions game, with elected consuls as overseers?  Sounds good with me, although a mod like Masterwork wouldn't be very appropriate. Masterwork is has way more extra stuff than vanilla, it's like re-learning Dwarf Fortress all over again. Vanilla would be easier to pick up. although we could do some small modding?
We could do some small modding instead, add in extra noble positions for consuls, guild leaders and whatever else pops up (no idea if you can add positions during the game, would be nice if it is possible).

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: June 05, 2014, 12:21:41 pm »

Succession game is when overseer does whatever he wants. In our game overseer does the council's bidding.

The more modding we do beforehand the better off we will be. For example positions are unmoddable during the game.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 60