Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 60

Author Topic: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.  (Read 85637 times)

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Metropolitan Area. A DF-assisted forum RPG.
« Reply #810 on: February 18, 2014, 02:49:26 pm »

oh dear.. well I guess I get extra influence at least

You power hungry beast! Not only throwing people out of council for an influence boost but also want to get more by means of default assignement?
Joking of course. As always - up to council with that kind of thing.

edit- are me and firecrazy getting anywhere, because if not i'll be considering adoption T_T

I guess you would have to abandon training for some time and ask for a vacation for FireCrazy. Or FireCrazy can decide not to work not sure how PC or NPC FireCrazy is now. Otherwise there is still to little allowance for mutual time at the meeting areas.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: February 21, 2014, 11:25:22 am »

I presume since he has taken command he should gain the influence, not like we can choose what rules to obey, though I do think some rules could do with changing, the decry rules takes away the ability to vote for the captain of a squad, is a tad silly.

Also maybe clarify if the decry has to be successful for it to count in that regard.

Well it appears we have entered another brief "break" so I'm going dump a topic on you, nothing major:

I think we could make the deities page soon, so some thoughts on layout.

Was thinking we include the basic stuff, name, form, spheres, then move on to stuff like whether they are PC/NPC, past players, who worships them (probaly PCs and mentionables only).
Maybe Public/Notable PC actions (and keep it to notable or/and relevant in the case of NPC actions, otherwise the page will be to long), any priests or groups that worship.

So thoughts, alternatives? Anything to add, remove or change?

So wiki wise, still need the miners hall, still having trouble?

Can make it for you either in proper DF for the furniture, or just do the usual, preference?
Going to make it in arena.
Oh and since I'm here, I don't think I proposed this IC, time to get it out of the way while we aren't doing anything:

IC:

Cain Tongstell (16) proposes a design for Metal-forge

I am aware we are all quite busy with work, but I finished a new plan for the Metal-forge, it is a tad on the large scale, but I believe this justified for storage purposes. Besides, compared to the palace being given to our few clay works this a humble lodging.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For: 1
Against: 0

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: February 21, 2014, 06:03:52 pm »

Cain Tongstell (16) Porposes a design for Metal Forge
For:2
Against:0
There is nothing more dwarven than metalsmithing, perhaps with the exception of metalsmithing where the use of magma is involved!  You have my approval
OOC
About decrying: yes it has to be succesful to affect you, the idea about not being able to vote is that the rest of the council considers you a coward not fit to make decisions in military matters.
Maybe we should have an ooc vote to change it if you want?
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

TeleDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: February 21, 2014, 06:11:50 pm »

For:3

I always for a nice looking building.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: February 21, 2014, 06:53:47 pm »

For:2
There is nothing more dwarven than metalsmithing, perhaps with the exception of metalsmithing where the use of magma is involved!  You have my approval
OOC
About decrying: yes it has to be succesful to affect you, the idea about not being able to vote is that the rest of the council considers you a coward not fit to make decisions in military matters.
Maybe we should have an ooc vote to change it if you want?
OCC
Well we could have an ooc vote would be a fair way of doing it if we did change any rules, then again I guess I'm the only one who thought it was an issue enough to bring it up, so I forgo a vote for now.

Elorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody expects the Bearded Inquisition!
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: February 22, 2014, 03:42:21 am »

For:4

Aye, it's only fair that our metalsmith brothers get a good-looking building of their own.

Was thinking we include the basic stuff, name, form, spheres, then move on to stuff like whether they are PC/NPC, past players, who worships them (probaly PCs and mentionables only).
Maybe Public/Notable PC actions (and keep it to notable or/and relevant in the case of NPC actions, otherwise the page will be to long), any priests or groups that worship.

So thoughts, alternatives? Anything to add, remove or change?
It looks fine, although I assume it will take some time before someone becomes a deity.

Maybe a guild can also pick one of the deities as their Guild Patron. The guild could then request assistance from their deity, for example give several slabs of marble or protect the guild during a siege.
It gives the deity a bit of influence besides commanding their prophet. If they even have a prophet? I remember I read it somewhere but I can't find it back.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: February 22, 2014, 09:05:54 am »

It looks fine, although I assume it will take some time before someone becomes a deity.

Maybe a guild can also pick one of the deities as their Guild Patron. The guild could then request assistance from their deity, for example give several slabs of marble or protect the guild during a siege.
It gives the deity a bit of influence besides commanding their prophet. If they even have a prophet? I remember I read it somewhere but I can't find it back.
Of course, and yes God's choose a prophet, guild patron could be done, but I figure most would end up taking the typical ones, minerals, mountains, war, disease, childbirth. That and it sounds just like someone praying to the god on a larger scale, which could be interesting.

Well we still have time til one of us dies and starts playing one, certainly sounds possible.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: February 23, 2014, 12:52:59 am »

Cain Tongstell (16 -> 18) Proposes a Metal forge
Result: The design is approved, Cain gains 2 influence
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Elorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody expects the Bearded Inquisition!
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: February 25, 2014, 09:02:36 am »

Of course, and yes God's choose a prophet, guild patron could be done, but I figure most would end up taking the typical ones, minerals, mountains, war, disease, childbirth. That and it sounds just like someone praying to the god on a larger scale, which could be interesting.

Can't blame them, if you are necromancer fan club why bother with a god of minerals? Yes, that interests me too. Especially because guild members will also have to be a bit careful not to disturb their patron.
Cain Tongstell (16 -> 18) Proposes a Metal forge
Result: The design is approved, Cain gains 2 influence
And now onto the next question, where to place it! :P
I think it would be convenient if it's nearby the Brick Factory, since they both use fuel for their work.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: February 27, 2014, 06:58:52 pm »

Well image for mining hall is up, added a key in the image this time, and placed the full image instead of a thumb, think it looks fine, also added Cain's backstory.

I am in no rush to suggest where to build it for now, feel free to propose it yourself. Remember it is an influence vote. (something I keep forgetting about)

kero42

• Bay Watcher
  • Das sind mir unbekannte Blumen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: March 02, 2014, 02:04:55 pm »

Well image for mining hall is up, added a key in the image this time, and placed the full image instead of a thumb, think it looks fine, also added Cain's backstory.

I am in no rush to suggest where to build it for now, feel free to propose it yourself. Remember it is an influence vote. (something I keep forgetting about)

Ah, so how is the wiki doing, dear Cain? I haven't checked up on it in a week or so, or anything much to do with this thread (ugh, hectic times indeed, 4 Higher level subjects, so much god-dam work.). I really do hate it when I join something then have to postpone my involvement to do RL stuff. I had planned to get the farmhouse finished, then I get like 4 essay assignments (three english, one psychology). Urgh.

Anyway, now that I've bored you with the details of my personal life, I'll be looking back to the most recent posts, but are there any other important issues to think about while I'm here?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 02:57:01 pm by kero42 »
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: March 02, 2014, 02:55:37 pm »

Well the wiki is fine, tried fixing some stuff, (stuff like "Zargoth fough" to "Zargoth fought", turns out fough is a thing btw, that gave me a chuckle) still waiting on Mr Mountian, planning to make the page for him then just let him fill out his background if he wants one if it isn't made soon.

Seeing a few categories about on it, should I go ahead and add the others to the "dorf" category? Might make navigating easier once we have more stuff. Deities were discussed, well Elorf replied, the rest i trust you are looking at yourself the now. Sort of just lazing around and occasionally doing unimportant things til something happens.

Good luck with rl I guess, don't forget your commitments.

kero42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: March 02, 2014, 03:11:59 pm »

Ok, so the deity page thing seems fine, just their name, form, spheres, and PC/NPC. If we went to the bother of ironing out their characters, then we could write about that.

The metal forge looks good no opinion on where to place, except that I agree it should be nearby the factory for logistical reasons.

Also:

edit- are me and firecrazy getting anywhere, because if not i'll be considering adoption T_T

I guess you would have to abandon training for some time and ask for a vacation for FireCrazy. Or FireCrazy can decide not to work not sure how PC or NPC FireCrazy is now. Otherwise there is still to little allowance for mutual time at the meeting areas.

I would suggest these two love-birds get some alone time, eh? I think we could do with one noble couple having a legitimate child or two. (How rare are twins in this game?)
After all, dear Cain is the only one on our council with a child (or I suppose she is your "servant", yes?).

EDIT
Also, was looking at Cain's page: Olin is both the first part of his surname and his adopted daughters name. Assuming that she recieves his surname, it would be "Olin Olinasteb" or "Tong Tongstell". Not much, but I found it funny.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 03:22:54 pm by kero42 »
Something I find interesting and thought I should share: DF from scratch: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127552.0

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: March 02, 2014, 03:55:49 pm »

Ok, so the deity page thing seems fine, just their name, form, spheres, and PC/NPC. If we went to the bother of ironing out their characters, then we could write about that.

The metal forge looks good no opinion on where to place, except that I agree it should be nearby the factory for logistical reasons.

I would suggest these two love-birds get some alone time, eh? I think we could do with one noble couple having a legitimate child or two. (How rare are twins in this game?)
After all, dear Cain is the only one on our council with a child (or I suppose she is your "servant", yes?).

EDIT
Also, was looking at Cain's page: Olin is both the first part of his surname and his adopted daughters name. Assuming that she recieves his surname, it would be "Olin Olinasteb" or "Tong Tongstell". Not much, but I found it funny.
Ok, fair enough, later tomorrow, I don't think twins happen but idk. Fine if Teledwarf just places the metal-smith anywhere according to his judgement.

You are going to start calling her "Olin Olin" aren't you?

kero42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: March 02, 2014, 03:58:11 pm »

You are going to start calling her "Olin Olin" aren't you?

*)
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 60