Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27

Author Topic: Neustra Veritas: Betrayal and Survival (7/4)  (Read 21737 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Neustra Veritas: Betrayal and Survival (6/4)
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2013, 11:41:49 am »

"Gahh... not the most pleasant of landings." Serina quipped, One of her hands nursing her head as the other held her rifle as she moved about the impromptu clearing.

"Well, it couldn't hurt to check the other pods that came down here, could use the extra supplies and manpower." She said,, the thumping pain in her head subsiding, allowing her to properly grip her weapon with both hands, shifting her stnace into a more combat-ready one.
" Could have been worse, I've heard stories of pods exploding on impact. "

Follow.
"Urban legend for colony pods. Sometimes happens to military drop pods, if they're carrying enough ordinance. Anyways, talking with the others wouldn't hurt."
Me: Activate drone, then take point in locating the other pods.
Drone: Carry any supplies and such from the drop pod not carried by one of us.
((What, splitting the party between the three people saying they're headed for a crash site and the one guy who suggested such?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Neustra Veritas: Betrayal and Survival (6/4)
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2013, 01:36:08 pm »

"Gahh... not the most pleasant of landings." Serina quipped, One of her hands nursing her head as the other held her rifle as she moved about the impromptu clearing.

"Well, it couldn't hurt to check the other pods that came down here, could use the extra supplies and manpower." She said,, the thumping pain in her head subsiding, allowing her to properly grip her weapon with both hands, shifting her stnace into a more combat-ready one.
" Could have been worse, I've heard stories of pods exploding on impact. "

Follow.
"Urban legend for colony pods. Sometimes happens to military drop pods, if they're carrying enough ordinance. Anyways, talking with the others wouldn't hurt."
Me: Activate drone, then take point in locating the other pods.
Drone: Carry any supplies and such from the drop pod not carried by one of us.
((What, splitting the party between the three people saying they're headed for a crash site and the one guy who suggested such?))
((I agree, how is this splitting up when we're heading towards the downed pod?))
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Neustra Veritas: Betrayal and Survival (8/4)
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2013, 02:27:11 pm »

((It's probably which one we're going to.))

"Either way, where are we headed? I don't know where they landed, but if someone does, point us in the right direction."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2013, 03:38:06 pm »

"I saw one this way." Selina says pointing in the direction she saw a pod crash, and starts to lead everyone there.
[/quote]

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2013, 04:30:21 pm »

Follow Selina.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2013, 06:16:10 pm »

Follow in front of Selina. Or to one side, if that doesn't make any sense. Basically, take point.

Continue having the drone take anything not carried by someone.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2013, 08:07:14 pm »

The First Steps

Everyone gathers up their gear and, with the exception of Carl, finds themselves a little burdened, but not excessively so.  Carl hefts his gear with ease, and occasionally picks up the Droid to help it over any overly large tree roots.

Selina leads the group in the direction of the droppod that hadn't collided with the other two.  The party skirts along the edge of the jungle, seeing hillside periodically.  Carl repeatedly finds himself treading into rocks repeatedly, making the journey harder on him than the rest.  After an hour of travel, most of the party has worked up a sweat.  Carl's breathing quite hard, but the rest of the party are in good spirits.  Everyone is capable of seeing the smoke rising above what can only be the droppod.

The party finishes the trek to the droppod.  The droppod itself has been crushed by the impact into the earth, and blood seeps through a few of the openings.  One of the hatches was smashed open upon impact, and you see a crushed mass of flesh.  Whatever armour the rider had is now completely useless.

You find:
A battered but operational Basic Shock Emitter
A mostly intact Droid
2 Batteries
Erroneous materials.  Equivalent value of 300 credits.

Seeing no reason not to, Carl pulls the Droid out of the mess.  He fiddles with its controls, trying various universal passcodes before finding one that brings it online.  It activates.  There appears to be nothing wrong with its programming.

The sun is a few hours from setting.  The party can tear apart the droppod for materials if Carl programs the Droids to do so.(it is unlikely anything survived the crash, but they can salvage the pod itself, although it will take some time.)

Selina and Serina both notice that it's too quiet for a planet with so much apparent life on it, although they can't place why.

It has been 2 hours since landfall.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2013, 08:13:37 pm »

"A moment of silence."

Everything is silent for a minute.

"Now then, what should we do?"
Sig

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2013, 08:16:07 pm »

"Set up camp here? Set a guard tonight as well? It may be because of the crash but it should not be this quiet." Selina scans the area closely.
[/quote]

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2013, 08:19:27 pm »

"Would be worthwhile to salvage the pod. The extra batteries will help extend the droids service time for a while, especially if they're at full charge. Of course, we could just leave this pod and try to find another, or see if we can find some mineral resources for the droids to dig up."

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2013, 08:19:55 pm »

(GM OOC: The last update tonight will be the last update from me for a couple of days.  I chronically have plans on Thursdays that take me away from computer access all day.  I might get opportunities to hop on and check this out, but don't expect updates from me.  Rem does, of course, have free reign to post updates on Thursday, and I will treat his updates as canon. Or cannon.  Depends.

Also, about the confusion with party cohesion this morning; I had about 2 minutes to check the forums this morning, and it sounded like RangerCado was going to go on ahead without the party.  Wanted to avoid TPK this early.  Maybe in a couple of days.)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2013, 08:21:44 pm »

((no problem))

"We do not appear to have much light left today, so setting up camp tonight and getting to the heavy lifting tomorrow would seem ideal... unless i'm the only one who thought to bring food."
[/quote]

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2013, 08:30:57 pm »

"Still have a few hours of daylight left, so we may as well make the best of it. If we could, I'd advise setting up shelter up in the trees if we could, not so many large predators that can get up there. Of course, this being an alien planet, there may just be a few that exist here."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2013, 08:45:04 pm »

" Whatever suits you all is fine with me, in the mean time I'm gonna look around a little. "

Search the immediate area, do not go more then 10 meters from the group.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2013, 09:28:07 pm »

"Large predators have big bodies, which means that it's harder for them to climb trees. Whether bears or monitor lizards, they might be arboreal when they're little, but they'll be grounded once they grow up. Anyways, yeah. Let's get to work."

Begin scavenging the pod. Leap to the defense of anyone who is endangered by some sort of wild beast or something.
Sig
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27