Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27

Author Topic: Neustra Veritas: Betrayal and Survival (7/4)  (Read 21731 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Neustra Veritas: Betrayal and Survival (8/4)
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2013, 09:30:00 pm »

Keep guard on the site, but otherwise no action.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2013, 09:30:45 pm »

"Paranoid bum."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2013, 09:39:57 pm »

(Waiting on an actual action from RangerCado.  I would assume you'd be prepping a camp area, although what that entails I do not know.  Do you want a fire?  Are you going to desecrate the forest in order to build some makeshift shelter?  Would that be on ground level, or is everyone going to climb trees?)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2013, 09:56:42 pm »

((With the waitlist, how is it going to work? When someone dies another person pops out? Is this going to be a very brutal game?))
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2013, 10:05:01 pm »

(Waiting on an actual action from RangerCado.  I would assume you'd be prepping a camp area, although what that entails I do not know.  Do you want a fire?  Are you going to desecrate the forest in order to build some makeshift shelter?  Would that be on ground level, or is everyone going to climb trees?)
I, at least, am just scavenging from the pod.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2013, 10:11:52 pm »

((With the waitlist, how is it going to work? When someone dies another person pops out? Is this going to be a very brutal game?))
(When someone dies, the next player(s) land in the next droppod, which will NOT be randomly rolled to determine destruction.  I'm intending to kill people regularly, but hopefully not ever TPK'ing.  If the game goes well, and I don't get to kill people, then I'll probably increase the number of players, but at that point I'll need synopses for peoples' actions.)

I, at least, am just scavenging from the pod.
(Do you mean you're tearing it apart with the Droids or just trying to open the other passenger pods?  I initially interpreted that as salvaging the whole thing.)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2013, 10:13:48 pm »

Whichever gives us the largest proportion of the pod and its contents as useable stuff.
Sig

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2013, 12:38:15 pm »

(Quickly popping in; I'll try to do an update when I get home tonight, if Rem hasn't done one by then.  Don't really have time right now.)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2013, 12:45:31 pm »

((Oops, sorry.))

Selina begins clearing rubble away to prepare a fire, using a single shot from her laser weapon if it would do the job faster. When the fires a decent size, she'll begin gathering plenty of firewood to keep it going for a few hours atleast.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2013, 04:49:04 am »

(GM OOC: Pretty tired, so less detail than I wanted to put in.  First combat!)

Carl watches over the Droids as they cut their way into the droppod with their industrial lasers (which are not suitable for combat.  They have a long charge-up time and are inaccurate.)  Serina and Harvey patrol around the droppod, watching for activity in the jungle.  As the sun dims, the plant changes colour from green to a more yellowy shade.

Selina begins piling fallen plants for a fire and shoots it with her laser rifle, igniting them.  A thin trail of smoke rises into the air.

Harvey hears some rustling, but is incapable of pinpointing where.  Both Harvey and Serina hear a very quiet buzzing noise.  Branches snap loudly, and Harvey wheels towards the sound, bearing his Laser Rifle towards a grotesque creature charging into Selina.

The creature's green skin looks stretched over its body, with four segmented limbs running against the ground.  Its head bears some similarity to an Earth mosquito, although its lack of antennae and presence of large mandibles disuades the similarities.  The creature's relative size is about equal to that of a wolf, though its appearance is effectively synonymous with a bug.

Harvey fires a shot at the creature before it barrels into Selina, but it singes the ground next to the creature.  Its limbs punch into Selina, dealing 4 damage.  It then bounds off a few feet away from her, preparing for its next strike.

Immediately after this attack, Serina, who had recovered her wits quickly, fires her own attack at the creature, but her shot also goes wide.

Three more creatures of similar, though not quite the same, appearance also emerge into the clearing.  One charges Harvey, but overshoots and misses him completely.  Another one charges Serina, faring better, tackling her and dealing 8 damage.  The fourth creature, tailing behind the others, hisses and follows the same course as the first; it practically leaps onto Selina, striking her for an additional 4 damage.

Everyone also notices the presence of many small insects, similar to grasshoppers in appearance, hopping on top of everything in the clearing.

Harvey and Serina act first.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2013, 04:52:50 am »

((I take this was taking armour DR into account?))

Keep firing on those overgrown bugs!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2013, 04:58:58 am »

((I take this was taking armour DR into account?))

(Nope!  The damage has yet to be reduced by armour DR.  Wanted to make it more simple for everyone, even if that meant tipping my hand.  It also let's people have a more visceral reward for higher DR armour.)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2013, 05:17:04 am »

(( How far away is the one that missed me? ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2013, 05:27:43 am »

(( How far away is the one that missed me? ))

(If you really want to, you can hustle up to it and punch it.  Not going to use distance modifiers until you get out of the jungle.  If you can see it, assume you get your full attack bonus.)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2013, 05:47:12 am »

Shoot the damn dirty bug that went for me, then it's 3 ugly friends.

((.Needed to decide between rifle and shotgun. But since range ain't important rifle it is. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27